Monday, July 8, 2019

Shawn Mendes (2) - Week Of July 6, 2019














Hey guys! I hope that you all had a fantastic week--I know that I did. I also hope that you all had a great Independence Day. Also, if Independence Day happens to fall close to the weekend, we get the countdown for the week at an earlier time--which is what ended up happening this year. So, before we get to this week's fresh 45, here is the song that we are saying goodbye to this week.
  •  Jordan McGraw - Flexible (#44)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Taylor Swift - Delicate
Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

The Countdown
45. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#43)
44. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#45)
43. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#38)
42. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#35)
41. Post Malone - Wow. (#39)
40. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#41) [2 Weeks At #1]
39. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#40)
38. Push Baby - Mama's House (DEBUT)
37. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku - So Close (#37)
36. Bazzi - Paradise (#42)
35. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#36) [8 Weeks At #1]
34. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#34)
33. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#33) [7 Weeks At #1]
32. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me (#32)
31. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#31)
30. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#21)
29. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#28)
28. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#30)
27. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#23)
26. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#26)
25. Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#25)
24. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#20)
23. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#29)
22. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#22)
21. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You (#27)
20. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#16)
19. Ava Max - So Am I (#19)
18. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#24)
17. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#17)
16. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (#18)
15. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#15)
14. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#13)
13. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#11)
12. Halsey - Without Me (#12) [5 Weeks At #1]
11. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#9)
10. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#14)
9. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#10) [3 Weeks At #1]
8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#8)
7. Khalid - Talk (#7)
6. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#5)
5. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#6)
4. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#4) [13 Weeks At #1]
3. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#3)
2. Halsey - Nightmare (#2)
1. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (-9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Imagine Dtagons - Bad Liar, Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You, Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days, and Bazzi - Paradise (+6)

Spotlight Of The Week: JOHN.k - If We Never Met


New Entrants

~ Our sole entrant this week comes from the band who was formerly Rixton, now known as Push Baby, with Mama's House. I really don't know why they decided to change their name. I like this song, but it is beginning to wear off on me--so it is just okay. The vocals are alright here, but nothing amazing--and the same goes for the production. I really don't care how this song does here if I'm being completely honest. I won't be devastated if it is a flop.


Hit-Bound
  • SHAED - Trampoline
  • Lizzo - Truth Hurts
  • Asher Angel - One Thought Away
  • The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
  • Public - Make You Mine
  • Blanco Brown - The Git Up
  • Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
  • Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
  • OneRepublic - Rescue Me
  • In Real Life - Crazy AF
  • P!nk - Hustle
  • Kygo & Rita Ora - Carry On
  • Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
  • AJR - 100 Bad Days
  • Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
2. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
3. The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
4. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
5. SHAED - Trampoline


Summer Throwbacks Review

~ Hits 1 always does a class of summer throwbacks for every Independence Day countdown. The choices are usually the same, but I will review my opinions on the list that they played.
  • One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
  • Katy Perry - Roar
  • Twenty One Pilots - Ride
  • Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
  • The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
  • Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
  • Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance
  • Eminem/Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie
  • Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
  • Magic! - Rude
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
  • Tove Lo - Talking Body
  • Flo Rida/Sia - Wild Ones
  • Charlie Puth - Attention
  • Maroon 5 - Maps
My Bottom 5 Throwback Picks  1. Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
2. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
4. Magic! - Rude
5. The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

My Top 5 Throwback Picks
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
2. Eminem/Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie
3. Maroon 5 - Maps
4. Charlie Puth - Attention
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride


Mama's Blurbs

~ Shawn Mendes holds atop the chart for a second week with I Can't Have You, which is good. I don't want this to stay for weeks and weeks like Sucker, but I wouldn't mind if it stayed a few more weeks atop the chart. Although I wish ME! had a chance at the top spot, I will take this over anything.

~ I am pretty disappointed that Old Town Road managed to make it to the top 10. I am just hoping that this isn't able to make it any further. I don't understand why America still seems to be so into this song. I will be really annoyed if this manages to be the longest running #1 song in Billboard Hot 100 history--which it could very well do at this rate. Both artists on this song sound awful and the production isn't good either. I just want this song to stop being unnecessarily glorified.

~ Taylor Swift didn't move at all on her second week with You Need To Calm Down on the countdown. I would have thought that this one would swap places with ME!, but I guess that won't be happening. Honestly, I prefer it this way. I think You Need To Calm Down is at a perfect place right now.

~ With You is getting dangerously close to the top 20. I don't want Meghan Trainor garbage like this in the top 20. But, then again, the top 20 is pretty shitty anyway--so I guess we could just mess it up some more with a song that is incredibly irrelevant and has no traction anywhere outside from Hits 1.

~ Love Me Less took a fall this week. I honestly don't care because I am beginning to lose some interest in this song. It is just not one that is really able to hold up for a while.

~ I am glad that Paradise didn't leave us this week like I thought it would. It actually got a pretty good boost for the week. I hope that this song doesn't flop again after this week, and that it gets another boost. This is probably Bazzi's best--aside from Beautiful (at least in my opinion).

~ As far as our exit goes, at least we got rid of a bad song this week. This is another example of irrelevant music that really had no reason to be here because it isn't popular anywhere else. This song filled up unnecessary space for weeks, but thankfully it didn't last too long. Goodbye, Flexible--I won't miss you.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
18. Ava Max - So Am I
17. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho 

1-Bad
16. Khalid - Talk
15. Halsey - Without Me
14. Jonas Brothers - Cool 

2-Mediocre
13. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
12. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
11. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
10. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
9. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love 

5-Great
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
7. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
6. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
5. Halsey - Nightmare
4. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
3. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
2. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
1. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!

Score: 61% (D-


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
2. Dan + Shay - Speechless
3. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
4. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You
5. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
2. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
3. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
4. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
5. Bazzi - Paradise

Thanks for reading! I have some stuff in the works. I just got my wisdom teeth pulled today and I have vacation in a couple of weeks. So, timing isn't exquisite, but I will try to get some more stuff out to you guys as time progresses. I would like to thank you all who have continued to read this blog despite my busy schedule throughout the year and lack of time to be able to participate in other Blogger competitions and posts. I appreciate all of the other Bloggers in this community so much and I love the content that you guys deliver! I am sorry that I don't have more time to chat with the Discord server, but I am able to once in a while. I thank you all for welcoming me into this community in 2014, and thank you all for continuing to read my content after a hiatus and a busier schedule as my school life became increasingly more challenging. I appreciate you all, see you soon.

~ Jack :) 

4 comments:

  1. First you’re wisdom teeth did not pull out and second of all I hate you and you need to go away and this is why I don’t like you at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear from you, Chase. As a matter of fact, my wisdom teeth were just pulled out this morning. I don't know why you seem angered about that. Second of all, I find it hard to believe that you hate me considering that you are always commenting on my posts at quite an excessive rate. I hope that you have a fantastic day, and I am very grateful that you took time out of your day to read this post. I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
    2. is it ok that i like billy eyelash?

      Delete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...