Saturday, June 18, 2016

Taylor Swift (2) - Week Of June 18, 2016

taylor-swift-new-romantics-video-watch.png (807×531)
Hey fam! So, a couple of days ago the 30,000/15,000 Pageview Special was posted and I made countdown predictions and other fun stuff! You can go see that if you want and if you haven't seen that already! I also posted The Hot 45 Chart in video form earlier this week and that was pretty fun. So, let's get on with what we're here for, the countdown and we finally got more than 4 exits (the most we've gotten this year), and all of them aren't good...and here's those exits.

  • Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#32)
  • The Weeknd - In the Night (#37) [x2]
  • Adele - Hello (#40)
  • Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#44)
  • Justin Bieber - Sorry (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Taylor Swift - Bad Blood

The Countdown:
45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I (#41)
44. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (#42)
43. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#43)
42. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
41. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses (#35)
40. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (DEBUT)
39. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#29)
38. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (DEBUT)
37. Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (#39)
36. All Time Low - Missing You (DEBUT)
35. Troye Sivan - Youth (#26)
34. Alessia Cara - Wild Things (DEBUT)
33. DNCE - Toothbrush (DEBUT)
32. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (#36)
31. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#31)
30. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#34)
29. Flo Rida - My House (#23)
28. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#28)
27. Timeflies - Once In A While (#20)
26. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#17)
25. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#25)
24. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#14)
23. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#22)
22. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#19)
21. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#10)
20. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#30)
19. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#15)
18. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#7)
17. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (#18)
16. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#21)
15. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#33)
14. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#16)
13. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#27)
12. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#3)
11. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#13)
10. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#12)
9. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#24)
8. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#11)
7. One Direction - History (#4)
6. James Bay - Let It Go (#9)
5. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#5)
4. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#6)
3. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#8)
2. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#1)
1. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between DNCE - Cake By The Ocean and Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (-11)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (+18)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Sak Noel/Salvi/Sean Paul - Trumpets 

#1 Recommendation For You: Jordan Fisher - All About Us

Entrant Reviews

~ Our first entrant this week is Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez with We Don't Talk Anymore. This song was bland in my opinion at first. Then, just about a month ago, I listened to the song again and I just started liking it again. So, yeah, I hope it has some good success on the countdown.

~ I liked Ruth B. - Lost Boy a lot for about a week, and that's when it debuted on The Hot 45 Chart and left the next week. Before that it was bland and even a little boring, and now it's back to that. Don't be surprised if it's red in a couple of weeks. I would really love if it didn't have a long countdown tenure.

~ Next up we have returning band, All Time Low with Missing You. This song is decent, but not the best. Their previous song on the countdown, Something's Gotta Give was so much better than this one, this was a little bit of a downgrade. It's not awful, but it just feels like another space filler, so I don't care what happens with it. 

~ Last week Alessia Cara - Wild Things debuted HitBound and I was like what the heck, aren't they overdue with this or something? Then I just listened to it again and realized that I still love it. I'm actually glad that this song debuted this weekend, because better late than never, right? Well, I hope it has a good countdown tenure.

~ Finally, we have DNCE debuting with their new song, Toothbrush. This song surpasses Cake By The Ocean by a longshot as their best song. This song is more fun and has a very catchy chorus, unlike Cake By The Ocean, which was boring, and now it's just annoying. So, nice job to them and I hope they have a good tenure with this song, because it's awesome.

HitBound

  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
  • Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Alesso/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know
  • AJR - I'm Not Famous
  • Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence
  • Symon - Say
  • Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday
  • 1975 - The Sound
  • Kent Jones - Don't Mind
  • Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
  • Ben Rector - Brand New
  • Jordan Fisher - All About Us
Top 5 Songs
1. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
2. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
3. Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
4. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
5. TIE: Ben Rector - Brand New
5. TIE: Jordan Fisher - All About Us

Blurb Things

~ I'm honestly shocked that Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You is still here. I'm not complaining, but Hits 1 usually gives her songs the boot pretty quickly.

~ I'm very glad that Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You managed to stay on the countdown this week.

~ Troye Sivan - Youth is taking a while to grow out on me.

~ It's very odd that Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness held this week because it got a large amount of airplay.

~ Flo Rida - My House is finally starting to drop! This is good!

~ A little ironic that Lukas Graham - 7 Years becomes my worst song on the countdown on Father's Day, considering it's about a father. So, a little weird, but it's very old.

~ I'm glad that Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills made a good jump into the top 20. That is very good.

~ Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman is just outside the top 10, let's get it in there next week.

~ Could we get P!nk - Just Like Fire into the top 5? It's so good!

~ It's good to see Fifth Harmony - Work From Home hanging on in the top 5. This song may never get old in my opinion.

~ It's also a good thing that Taylor Swift - New Romantics achieved the top spot again, it's a very good song still.

Top 20

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

2-Mediocre
19. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
18. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

3-Decent
17. One Direction - History
16. James Bay - Let It Go

4-Good
15. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out
14. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
13. Grace - You Don't Own Me
12. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
11. Taylor Swift - New Romantics
10. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down

5-Great
9. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
8. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
7. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around
6. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close
5. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
4. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
3. P!nk - Just Like Fire
2. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
1. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

80/100 Very Good

Bottom 5 Songs
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses
3. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
4. Flo Rida - My House
5. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

Top 5 Songs
1. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
2. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
3. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness
4. DNCE - Toothbrush
5. P!nk - Just Like Fire

The Hot 45 Chart will be out later!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)







61 comments:

  1. OMG YOU PUT 7 YEARS IN ORANGE!!! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...WHAT?!?! WHY IS NEW ROMANTICS AT #1????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please stop Parker and .! Don't fight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought of this:
    "Kill em, kill em, kill em with violence"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Only three reds and an orange. That is a good ratio. I too kinda felt the same about We Don't Talk Anymore. Any thoughts that I Took a Pill In Ibiza might hit #1?

    And I actually didn't hear Kill 'Em With Kindness once in between countdowns, then again I hadn't spent as much time listening as I'm sure you had. Me Too, however...

    Thanks for checking out my blog by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some bad news (for both of us)...

    I think the Sound of Silence is going to debut. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can trust Trump but I don't want him to be president. I also don't want Hillary Clinton because even though she knows everything she can't be trusted with all these scandals she's been involved in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's gonna end up being between these two. Bernie Sanders has no chance at this point. I will always prefer Hillary over that racist, sexist, and homophobic moron by the name of Donald Trump.

      Delete
    2. They both have major flaws but idk it'll be bad.

      Delete
    3. Donald Trump on Twitter:
      "Hillary Clinton's open borders are tearing American families apart. I am going to make our country safe again for all Americans. #Imwithyou"
      "Mitt Romney had his chance to beat a failed president but he choked like a dog. Now he calls me racist-but I am the least racist person there is."

      Delete
    4. So are you, you rude person.

      Delete
    5. Donald Trump is a joke, not you.

      Delete
  8. Did you know that this boy committed suicide so he could live with his favorite video game characters in the afterlife?

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...