Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer (2) - Week Of July 27, 2019















Hey guys! I hope that you all had a fantastic week! I cannot believe that July is almost over. Soon it will be back to school. :( I'm not looking forward to it, but at least it is my last year of high school. :) The countdown this week wasn't super eventful at all. But, at this point, the countdown has become a bit unbearable in more ways than one. So, I'm not super surprised. Anyways, before we get to this week's fresh 45, here are the songs that we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#43)
  • Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#45)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Taylor Swift - Delicate
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love

The Countdown
45. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#37)
44. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#44)
43. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#39)
42. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#42)
41. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#41)
40. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#34)
39. Bazzi - Paradise (#28)
38. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#40)
37. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#28)
36. Push Baby - Mama's House (#38)
35. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#36) [8 Weeks At #1]
34. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#35) [7 Weeks At #1]
33. Public - Make You Mine (#32)
32. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You (#29)
31. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (#33)
30. P!nk - Hustle (#27)
29. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#14)
28. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#25)
27. Halsey - Without Me (#22) [5 Weeks At #1]
26. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#23)
25. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#31)
24. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#30)
23. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (DEBUT)
22. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#20)
21. The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (DEBUT)
20. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#10)
19. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#19)
18. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me (#21)
17. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#17)
16. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#12)
15. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (#17)
14. Ava Max - So Am I (#24)
13. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#11)
12. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#16)
11. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita (#15)
10. Khalid - Talk (#13)
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#8)
8. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#4)
7. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#7)
6. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#9)
5. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#2) [13 Weeks At #1]
4. Halsey - Nightmare (#6)
3. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#3) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ava Max - So Am I (+10)

Spotlight Of The Week: Quinn Lewis - Hurt Me Now (!!!)


New Entrants

~ First up this week is Post Malone and Young Thug with Goodbyes. I very much enjoy this song. Both artists sound good here and I love the overall flow of the song. It has a catchy hook and a decent lyrical content (probably my least-favorite part of the song). All set aside, Post Malone delivers a nice pop-influenced feel with this track and Young Thug was able to dish up an enjoyable verse. I like Post Malone a lot more as an artist when he gives us songs like this. Songs like Better Now, Goodbyes, and Psycho are what I like to hear from him. He has a nice voice and he often puts it to waste on junky tracks.

~ Second out of two this week is Call You Mine from The Chainsmokers and Bebe Rexha. I have enjoyed what The Chainsmokers have been able to offer this year--and Call You Mine is no exception. Last year, their music was fairly forgettable. This year, they have been able to deliver enjoyable pop-influenced EDM tracks--which I am happy about. Bebe Rexha sounds very good on this track and the overall production and structure here is very nicely executed. I am glad that it is already off to a great start.

Entrant Rankings:
  1. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
  2. The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine


Hit-Bound
  • SHAED - Trampoline
  • Stephen Puth - Look Away
  • Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
  • Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? (DEBUT)
  • AJR - 100 Bad Days
  • Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD - Hate Me
  • Asher Angel - One Thought Away
  • Zara Larsson - All The Time
  • Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton, & Bruno Mars - Blow (DEBUT)
  • OneRepublic - Rescue Me
  • Jonas Brothers - Only Human
  • Jax Jones & Bebe Rexha - Harder (DEBUT)
  • Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again 
  • Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her
  • Dominic Fike - 3 Nights
~ First up this week is Sam Smith with How Do You Sleep?, which is nothing amazing. Sam Smith usually delivers some pretty bland tracks, and this really isn't an exception. I suppose it has a little bit of curb appeal, but this song is nothing memorable in the end. I honestly don't care what happens to it.

~ With our best Hit-Bound debut of this week, we have Blow from Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton, and Bruno Mars. This song has a powerful feel and I enjoy how this song resembles rock in a nice and cohesive way. All three artists here have a nice sound, and I just enjoy the overall vibe of this track. I don't really have much more to say about it at this point.

~ Finally, we have Harder from Jax Jones and Bebe Rexha. This is another forgettable track. Bebe Rexha sounds alright here, but not her best. Jax Jones doesn't do the best job with the production, which is another reason why it is not the best song out there. Overall, it is alright; but neither of these two artists's best.

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
2. Jonas Brothers - Only Human
3. Zara Larsson - All The Time
4. Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her
5. Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton, & Bruno Mars - Blow


Blurb You Mine

~ The Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds Of Summer notch a second week atop the chart with Who Do You Love. At this point, I am already over it. I hope this doesn't have more than two weeks on top. It's such a boring song at this point.

~ So Am I and Sweet But Psycho kind of switched positions this week. Believe it or not, I actually find the former more annoying than the latter.

~ I am very thankful that Dancing's Not A Crime did not last in the top 10 after that massive jump last week. Again, this song is irrelevant and needs to leave the countdown altogether. As much as I love Panic! At The Disco, I think I have heard quite enough of Brendon Urie this year (aside from ME!).

~ Although it may be a small jump, I am pissed about any gain that The Git Up receives on this countdown. I will not be the slightest bit satisfied until it leaves...and even then I still won't be satisfied--because most of this countdown is absolute garbage.

~ That's about all I have to talk about this week...aside from the exits. I am happy that Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored has finally left. That song had become incredibly unbearable. As for I'm So Tired..., it had a good run, but it was definitely time. So, anyways, at least we got rid of one bad song this week.

~ My Personal Chart (7/27/2019): http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/jacks-top-50-3


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Ava Max - So Am I
18. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
17. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It

1-Bad
16. Jonas Brothers - Cool
15. Khalid - Talk

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
14. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
13. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
12. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
11. Halsey - Nightmare

4-Good
10. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
9. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
7. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

5-Great
6. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
5. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
4. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
3. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
2. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
1. Katy Perry - Never Really Over

Score: 60% (D-)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Blanco Brown - The Git Up
2. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
3. Dan + Shay - Speechless
4. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You
5. Ava Max - So Am I

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
2. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
3. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
4. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
5. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care

Thanks for reading...and have another great week!

~ Jack :)


2 comments:

  1. Haha I remember a few months ago with WDYL was your favorite song on the countdown.. Oh how times have changed haha

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...