Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer (1) - Week Of July 20, 2019













Hey guys! I am sorry that this post is coming to you a little later than usual. I have been on vacation in Cape Cod for the past few days and we just got hit by a tornado yesterday, which made certain parts lose power for a number of hours. So, yeah. No power=no Wi-Fi. But, I'm here now. There are no songs exiting the countdown this week. So, let's just get right down to business!

#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

The Countdown
45. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#35)
44. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#44)
43. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#43)
42. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#42) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#41)
40. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#31)
39. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#39)
38. Push Baby - Mama's House (#40)
37. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#45)
36. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#34) [8 Weeks At #1]
35. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#37) [7 Weeks At #1]
34. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#29)
33. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (#32)
32. Public - Make You Mine (#36)
31. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#25)
30. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#33)
29. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You (#28)
28. Bazzi - Paradise (#23)
27. P!nk - Hustle (#38)
26. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#30)
25. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#15)
24. Ava Max - So Am I (#20)
23. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#27)
22. Halsey - Without Me (#12) [8 Weeks At #1]
21. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me (#24)
20. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#21)
19. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#10)
18. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (#16)
17. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#22)
16. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#18)
15. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita (#8)
14. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#13)
13. Khalid - Talk (#6)
12. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#9)
11. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#11)
10. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#26)
9. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#5)
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#14)
7. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#17)
6. Halsey - Nightmare (#4)
5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
4. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#19)
3. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#7) [3 Weeks At #1]
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#3) [13 Weeks At #1]
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored, Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!, and Halsey - Without Me (-10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (+16)

Spotlight Of The Week: Ariana Grande - NASA


Hit-Bound

  • Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD - Hate Me
  • OneRepublic - Rescue Me
  • Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
  • Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
  • Asher Angel - One Thought Away
  • The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
  • Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
  • Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her
  • Jonas Brothers - Only Human
  • AJR - 100 Bad Days
  • Dominic Fike - 3 Nights
  • Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
  • Zara Larsson - All The Time (DEBUT)
  • Stephen Puth - Look Away
  • SHAED - Trampoline
  • Bryce Vine - La La Land (DEBUT)
~ Up first this week is Zara Larsson with All The Time. I'm not sure if this is really a step up from Ruin My Life. Both songs seem equal in substance to me. This song has a nice production and her voice also has a decent sound. It is certainly not her best, but anything Zara Larsson is able to put out is certainly always worth a good listen every once in a while.

~ Next is Bryce Vine with La La Land. Hits 1 took YG out of this song which I saw coming. I don't know why they didn't pick up on this sooner. It has been out for a while. I think this song may be more of a guilty pleasure for me; seeing as I am usually not one to like songs like this. But, I don't know. It has a catchy vibe and I enjoy what Bryce Vine has to offer. It doesn't have much to offer lyrically, but I think it is a nice and fun summer tune. I'm not that upset about YG getting cut from this, as he was my least favorite part about the song.

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
2. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
3. Bryce Vine - La La Land
4. The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
5. Jonas Brothers - Only Human


Blurb Hurts

~ We now have a new #1...and it is too little, too late. The Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds Of Summer have finally reached the summit with Who Do You Love after spending an excessive amount of weeks in the top 5 of the countdown. At this point, I'm getting pretty sick of this song. So, I'm saying this song had its time and it is not now. If I had to pick, I'd say Shawn Mendes should return to #1--seeing as If I Can't Have You is the only good song in the top 5.

~ I don't really know why Someone You Loved made such a significant jump this week. At this point, I'm not at my peak liking of this song. So, I would prefer if it just went back down. #4 seems way too high for a song of this caliber.

~ And...we have three more entrants into the top 10 that I really am not liking seeing. Old Town Road made a big jump up to #7--which really annoys me. I don't understand why we can't just let this die out already. It's pissing me off enough that this is probably going to break the Billboard record for longest-running #1 in the United States. We also receive 5 Seconds Of Summer's Easier into the top 10, which really isn't anything I wanted to see. At this point, this song is pretty "meh". I don't really thing this song needs a spot in the top 10 right now. Finally, we have Dancing's Not A Crime which made way too much of a jump all the way up to #10--which is way too damn high. This song is so irrelevant. It is not even a Panic! At The Disco single, yet we are giving it way too much attention. This is such a space filler, and I don't understand why this radio station feels the need to pick up on such bland tracks that no one even cares about.

~ Doesn't look like that big entrance from Señorita lasted very long. At this point, I am just hoping this jumps into the top 5 and doesn't continue to fall--seeing as it is one of the only halfway-decent songs on this whole damn countdown.

~ Katy Perry took quite the fall with Never Really Over. Like I said with Señorita, this isn't the best thing I have ever heard; but it sure as hell needs to stop falling--because once again it's one of the only good songs we have left here.

~ Speaking of pretty decent falls, Halsey took a well-deserved one with Without Me--which needed to leave the top 20. Also, Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie took quite the fall with ME! (aka the best song here)--which makes me sad. I would rather have this in the top 20 than You Need To Calm Down. But, You Need To Calm Down isn't awful. So, I can't complain too much.

~ Hustle had a good second-week jump. I don't really care what this does at the moment. As long as it out-does Walk Me Home, I am good. However, Truth Hurts didn't have such a good second-week. Like Hustle, I don't really care what this one does either.

~ It is a good thing that The Git Up didn't do anything this week. This song is absolute trash and I hope that it has a terrible run here. It doesn't deserve any success.

~ It seems that 7 Rings and Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored have pretty much swapped positions. I am actually okay with this--seeing as I find the latter way more annoying right now.

~ Personal Chart (7/20/2019): http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/jacks-top-50-2


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
18. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
17. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

1-Bad
16. Khalid - Talk
15. Jonas Brothers - Cool

2-Mediocre
14. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other

3-Decent
13. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
12. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
11. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love

4-Good
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
9. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
8. Halsey - Nightmare
7. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

5-Great
6. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
5. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
4. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
3. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
2. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
1. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

Score: 58% (F)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Blanco Brown - The Git Up
2. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
3. Dan + Shay - Speechless
4. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
5. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
2. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
3. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
4. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
5. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down

Thanks for reading! More to come!

~ Jack :) 

1 comment:

  1. First.

    #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: James Wilson/Draylin Young - Give Me Jesus

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...