Sunday, March 12, 2017

Ed Sheeran (5) - Week Of March 11, 2017

ed-sheeran-cover-story-rolling-stone-interview-8e2ddd75-2223-4cad-ae6a-247b9f0d9e9b.jpg (724×407)
Hey there, everyone! This week wasn't necessarily anything too important. I mean, sure there were a few notable things that happened, like usual, but most of the countdown was just business as usual. So, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the sole song we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Hey Violet - Guys My Age (#39)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

The Countdown

45. John Legend - Love Me Now (#41)
44. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (#42)
43. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#44)
42. Daya - Words (#45)
41. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#37)
40. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#21)
39. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#34)
38. James Hersey - Miss You (DEBUT)
37. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#30)
36. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#29)
35. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#43)
34. Niall Horan - This Town (#32)
33. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#35)
32. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#26)
31. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#38)
30. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#22) [3 Weeks At #1]
29. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#31)
28. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#28) [2 Weeks At #1]
27. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#27)
26. Julia Michaels - Issues (#17)
25. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#33)
24. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#23)
23. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#24)
22. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#36)
21. AJR - Weak (#40)
20. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#14)
19. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#18)
18. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#4) [4 Weeks At #1]
17. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#12)
16. Maroon 5 - Cold (#13)
15. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#19)
14. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#15) [2 Weeks At #1]
13. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#16)
12. Train - Play That Song (#20)
11. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#8)
10. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#5)
9. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#10)
8. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#11)
7. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#3) [8 Weeks At #1]
6. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#9)
5. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#25)
4. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#7)
3. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#6)
2. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#2)
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#1) [5th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Rihanna - Love On The Brain (-19)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (+20)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lorde - Green Light

#1 Recommendation For You: Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla

New Entrants

~ Our sole entrant this week comes from new artist James Hersey. He debuts with Miss You. When I first heard this song was debuting on HitBound, I was unsure how I would feel about the song with it being from a new artist and all. I listened to it, and I found it a decent song. It's fairly simple and the lyrical content compliments the interesting beat quite well. I hope to see this song do well here, as it is a very interesting compliment to outsider music appearing on this channel. Again, I hope it'll do well, but you can never be sure with these kinds of songs on this station. 

HitBound

  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dola $ign - Swalla (DEBUT)
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • Imagine Dragons - Believer
  • The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
  • Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
  • COIN - Talk Too Much
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
  • Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
  • ONE OK ROCK - American Girls
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
  • Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
  • Little Mix - Touch
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
2. Little Mix - Touch
3. Imagine Dragons - Believer
4. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
5. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Miss Blurbs

~ Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You continues to hold atop the countdown for a fifth consecutive week. I really would prefer Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever being out #1 song at this point in time, but I don't hate the former, so I guess it's okay being there for the time being.

~ Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On made quite the leap into the top 5 this week. I still enjoy the song, but this just seems a little excessive.

~ It literally just seemed to dawn on me this week that The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer had been in the top 10 for almost half of a year now. That's impressive.

~ It also just dawned on me that Twenty One Pilots - Heathens has been sticking around here forever. Oh, wait, it didn't, I was already thinking that. I would enjoy it if it dropped out of the top 20 before I start to think it's worse.

~ Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving is beginning to lose its steam. It took a reasonable fall out of the top 10 this week.

~ AJR - Weak and Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay took very reasonable second week jumps and they're already looking to be successful here, so hopefully they will keep it up next week.

~ Julia Michaels - Issues took a small dip in the numbers this week. Hopefully it can recover.

~ Can someone explain to me why Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better continues to try? It's over, get over it.

~ Can someone else also explain to me why Niall Horan - This Town continues to get airplay. Hits 1, I am done with these ridiculous obsessions.

~ Rihanna - Love On The Brain took quite the tumble this week. I guess this song was just destined to not be successful on this station.

~ John Legend - Love Me Now made a small success here in an odd way. Well, it was nice knowing you.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
20. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

3-Decent
19. Train - Play That Song
18. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
17. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

4-Good
16. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
15. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving

5-Great
14. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
13. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
12. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
11. The Chainsmokers - Paris
10. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
9. Maroon 5 - Cold
8. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
7. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
6. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
5. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
4. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
3. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
2. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Score: 89% (B+)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
2. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
3. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
4. Niall Horan - This Town
5. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
2. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
3. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
4. AJR - Weak
5. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)


104 comments:

  1. Closer being in the top 10 for almost half a year on the Weekend Countdown is not all that impressive.

    Closer spending 31 weeks in the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 however is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think I know why This Town kept airing. I remember when they were late with One Direction's made in the AM songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even by your Ariana Grande = instant great standards, I'm surprised you like Everyday as much as that, even though they kept Future. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Future is actually one of the main reasons why I enjoy the song. Ariana's part is repetitive at times. I mean, it's not bad, but it gets repetitive. Futures verse is not at all what I was expecting when I first heard the song back in May.

      Delete
    2. Mikey Rossy December 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM
      Future has no future

      Jack Farrell December 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM
      True that.

      Delete
    3. Now that is interesting, Future being the main sell to a song by one of your favorite artists in today's mainstream. Especially what with Wicked being your most hated song from the Year-End list...

      Delete
    4. Wicked sucked I have to say. Low Life was whatever. But Jumpman wasn't awful I have to admit. I mean I enjoyed Drake's part more but he was you know whatever. And that opinion was from 1 and a half years ago almost, so i don't know.

      Delete
    5. Future is a great rapper, although Jumpman sucked. He's had multiple great songs in the past, such as Big Rings, F*ck Up Some Commas, Where Ya At, Stick Talk, and many many more. He also has some great current hits like Draco, Mask Off, Rent Money, Sorry, and Incredible (which I'm actually listening to at the time of me typing this).

      Delete
    6. I don't know Mask Off, by the way in Mask Off there is a baby crying sound.

      Delete
    7. I love Big Rings, Commas, Where Ya At?, and Draco. I don't know Stick Talk, Rent Money, Sorry, nor Incredible.

      Delete
    8. There is not a baby crying sound in Mask Off. And it's F*ck Up Some Commas, not Commas.

      Delete
    9. And how do you know that sound is in there if you don't know the song?

      Delete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    11. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for being annoying, but could you sign up for my little competition?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack, please delete every single one of Chase's comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope it's not Jack who deleted my comment, it's still me!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. YOUR JUST TALKING TO YOURSELF YOU FUCKING RETARD!!!!!! HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE YOUR FUCKING AUTISTIC!!!!!

      Delete
    7. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2017/03/ed-sheeran-4-week-of-march-4-2017.html?showComment=1489288628764&m=1#c3646718736988771300

      Delete
    8. Again, I don't fucking believe it!

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    10. How about you don't talk to any of us at all and fucking leave us alone!!!

      Delete
    11. Jack, can you please delete Miles's every single comment for me?

      Delete
    12. But Chasetronaut, Jack deletes comments when he feels he to delete.

      Delete
    13. JACK FUCKING GET RID OF THIS ASSHOLE!!!!!!

      Delete
    14. Chasetronaut, I'm really thinking you should not correct your friends blogs.

      Delete
    15. WHY WON'T YOU FUCKIN LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    16. Enough with the "Hi", Chase you are a trolltronaut person.

      Delete
  8. So I have some news, I am getting ready for a new music blog coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New on Hits 1: Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's it Chase, your fucking dead!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me Miles, I'm not dead. Please watch your lies right now.

      Delete
    2. Chase, please stop telling Miles what to do.

      Delete
    3. That's okay Chase, just talk about music and what's going on in life.

      Delete
    4. Can somebody delete Miles's comment right now?

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What the hell is all this? Chase, why have you been talking to yourself/this Chase400 guy lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone do something before someone gets blood on their hands!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Any comment that Chase deletes is already bad.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  13. Please delete every comment on this post from March 18 on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WTF is going on with this comment section? Delete every single unnecessary comment and that huge argument between Miles and Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. I honestly think that's a new record for the # of comments in a single post outside of Adrian's blog.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, Miles is so awesome at his blog, so is Lukas.

      Delete
  16. Wow. I didn't see this until today, and I am very weirded out by what is going on here. It really isn't neccessary, but I don't have time to delete the comments now, but in the future, if this could not occur, that'd be great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the same thing happened with me on my last update. I honestly don't know what's going on anymore.

      Delete
    3. I bet you should check Mark's blog. I think that's going to happen to random blogs in the future.

      Delete
    4. Ready or not, here I come. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Chasetronaut in the House - What a Time to Be Alive

      Delete
  17. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Drake/Moodymann - Passionfruit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rockin Librarian, I am ready to blow up a whistle.

      Delete
  18. Stone Cold is growing back on me, so is Hands to Myself.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...