Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Chainsmokers (4) - Week Of October 29, 2016

c_scale-f_auto-w_706-v1474195767-this-song-is-sick-media-image-the-chainsmokers-closer-feat-halsey-1474195764067-png.jpg (706×520)
Hey there guys! It's one day until we come upon Halloween! I want to hear from you guys, are you dressing up, or not? Do you get pumped for Halloween or not? Tell me in the comments! This weekend Niall Horan hosted our special spooky edition of the countdown. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs here's the songs we are saying goodbye to: 
  • Meghan Trainor - No (#45) [Finally!]
Last Week's #1 Song: Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: One Direction - Drag Me Down

The Countdown
45. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#39)
44. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#42)
43. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#41)
42. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#43)
41. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#44)
40. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#37)
39. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#40)
38. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#35)
37. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#38)
36. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#31)
35. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#36)
34. Runaground - Chase You Down (#33)
33. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#32)
32. Calvin Harris - My Way (#29)
31. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#30)
30. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#25)
29. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#28)
28. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (DEBUT)
27. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#34)
26. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#14)
25. OneRepublic - Kids (#24)
24. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#27)
23. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien/Deepend - I Hate U, I Love U (#23)
22. Nick Jonas - Bacon (#23)
21. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#13)
20. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#18)
19. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#26)
18. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#21)
17. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#6)
16. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#17)
15. Kiiara - Gold (#19)
14. Niall Horan - This Town (#20)
13. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#12)
12. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#15)
11. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#7)
10. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#10)
9. Ariana Grande - Into You (#11)
8. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#3)
7. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#5)
6. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#4)
5. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#9)
4. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#8)
3. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water (#16)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#1)
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (-12)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Cold Water (+13)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Becky G - Mangú

#1 Recommendation For You: John Legend - Love Me Now

New Entrants

~ We only have one new entrant this week and honestly I couldn't care less. The reason for this is because the song is great and easily makes my top 45 songs on Hits 1 this year and of course will be on the year end ultimate Hot 45 Chart special. There will be more on later reveals towards the end of this post! So, without further adieu, let me introduce Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj returning with yet another collaboration with their new single, Side To Side. First up, let me just say that this song doesn't top Bang Bang, but it's definitely a close second. Ariana's vocals are on point, like usual, in this song and Nicki's rap is very catchy and has me going along every time I hear it. Not to mention, this song has very good production. I really am hoping to see some success out of this song. It feels worthy of at least the top 5. Well, now all there's left to do is to wait and see.

HitBound
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy
  • Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
  • The Summer Set - The Night Is Young (DEBUT)
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
  • Mike Posner - Be As You Are
  • Gavin DeGraw - She Sets The City On Fire
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • John Legend - Love Me Now
  • DNCE - Body Moves
  • Jon Bellion - All Time Low
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain
  • Bastille - Good Grief
  • Magic! - Red Dress
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
2. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
3. DNCE - Body Moves
4. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
5. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

Blurb To Blurb

~ I am very happy to see Closer is back on top of the countdown, not that Heathens isn't good, but Closer is better.

~ I was not expecting that jump from Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water. I'll take it though. It's definitely better than some of the other horrendous crap that could be there right now.

~ It's a good thing that Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving is in the top 5. This song is definitely top 5 material. I hope it continues to do well.

~ Okay. Twenty One Pilots are overtaking this countdown. I have zero problems with Heathens, but with Ride still in the top 10 and Stressed Out still above #30, there is something wrong.

~ It's nice to see Kiiara - Gold making a good jump. I really am hoping that this song hits the top 10 in the near future.

~ Hopefully this is a sign that Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire is dropping. I am getting so tired of this song. It's just not a catchy song and I don't see what's so good about it, but that's my opinion.

~ OneRepublic - Kids isn't really doing much here. It's kind of annoying considering it's better than some of the other stuff that's here right now.

~ Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes actually became slightly more bearable during this week. Don't expect it to stay that way for long, though.

~ Are you kidding me Hits 1? Why the heck are The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy and Calvin Harris - My Way flopping? There is much worse that should have already flopped, but no.

~ Of course we are seeing Runaground - Chase You Down dropping on its second week here. That's pleasant, real pleasant.

~ I would like to see P!nk - Just Like Fire make its departure before I hate it.

~ I get so annoyed hearing AJR - I'm Not Famous and Lukas Graham - Mama Said. Can you leave?

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
19. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

1-Bad
18. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

2-Mediocre
17. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
16. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

3-Decent
15. Coldplay - Hymn For The Weekend

4-Good
14. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
13. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
12. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
11. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
10. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

5-Great
9. Niall Horan - This Town
8. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
7. Ariana Grande - Into You
6. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
5. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
4. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
3. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
2. Kiiara - Gold
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Score: 70/100

The Hot 45 Chart will be out soon, I am working on it!

Let me explain the process of the year end Hot 45 Chart, as I promised earlier on in the post. This post will include a chart of every single song that has charted on the chart since the week of January 2, 2016. It will be a strenuous job, but I will get it done. I am pumped for it and I hope you guys will be too!

Bottom 5 Songs
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
2. Lukas Graham - Mama Said
3. AJR - I'm Not Famous
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
5. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

Top 5 Songs
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
3. Kiiara - Gold
4. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien/Deepend - I Hate U, I Love U
5. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Jack: The Shins - Dead Alive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, I'm already a DJ at LIU Post. I am starting to do my own segments. Me and Samantha participate music conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chainsmokers - Closer (Ringtone) ft. Halsey

    Closer Ringtone

    1. chainsmokers - closer
    2. zedd - the middle .
    3. sky parox - midnight drive
    What are your favorite songs??

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...