Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Chainsmokers (2) - Week Of October 8, 2016

Chainsmokers-MTV-VMA-red-carpet-2016-billboard-1548.jpg (1548×1024)
In good news, this blog has surpassed 60,000 pagviews! This is going quick. It was just a few weeks ago that we reached 50,000 pageviews! Well, thanks guys! I will try to get that missing Hot 45 Chart out soon! In the meantime, before we get to this week's fresh 45, here's the songs we are saying goodbye to:

  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#28)
  • The 1975 - The Sound (#32)
  • All Time Low - Missing You (#42)

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - Stitches
The Countdown
45. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#44)
44. Meghan Trainor - No (#43)
43. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#39)
42. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#45)
41. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#40)
40. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#37)
39. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#41)
38. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#38)
37. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#36)
36. Mike Posner & SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#33)
35. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#30)
34. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#34)
33. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (DEBUT)
32. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#31)
31. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#27)
30. Niall Horan - This Town (DEBUT)
29. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#29)
28. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#25)
27. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (DEBUT)
26. OneRepublic - Kids (#21)
25. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#26)
24. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#35)
23. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (#24)
22. The Strumbellas - Spirits (#19)
21. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#22)
20. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#23)
19. Kiiara - Gold (#20)
18. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#10)
17. Calvin Harris - My Way (#18)
16. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#15)
15. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#14)
14. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MO - Cold Water (#16)
13. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#17)
12. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#11)
11. Coldplay & SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#13)
10. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#9)
9. Ariana Grande - Into You (#7)
8. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#6)
7. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#8)
6. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#12)
5. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#5)
4. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#4)
3. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#3)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#2)
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (-8)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (+11)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Cashmere Cat/Selena Gomez/Tory Lanez - Trust Nobody

#1 Recommendation For You: Friendship/Emily Warren - Capsize

New Entrants

~ First off this week we have the rather annoying Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes. Ever since this song debuted on HitBound, I haven't really enjoyed listening to it. The only song that I can really stand from this guy is Keep Your Head Up. It will probably always be his best song, but in hindsight, it's not that good. Honey, I'm Good was okay and so was Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah). So, what makes this song so bad is it's so generic and this guy's voice is frankly very mediocre. The lyrical content is rather basic, and the voice content just downgrades the song as a whole. I think it's rather safe to say that I won't ever like this song. So, I would really appreciate it if this song didn't overstay it's welcome.

~ Next up is One Direction band member Niall Horan with his first solo song, This Town. This song is pretty good at the moment. The chorus is very sweet and catchy. The middle gets a little slower, which is okay, because the rest of the song makes up for it. Overall, this is a very kind and loving song. So, I hope it stays awhile.

~ Lastly this week is The Weeknd returning with Daft Punk on a new track titled Starboy. This song is hella catchy and so dark and mysterious. Nothing will ever top The Hills, but in the meantime, this will make up for its absence. His voice is really mysterious and the beat is so electronically vague. So, all in all, let's hope it stays for a good time. 

HitBound

  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (DEBUT)
  • Bastille - Good Grief
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
  • Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
  • Nick Jonas - Bacon
  • Jon Bellion - All Time Low (DEBUT)
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Mike Posner - Be As You Are
  • Runaground - Chase You Down
  • DNCE - Body Moves
  • Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (DEBUT)
  • Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
2. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
3. DNCE - Body Moves
4. Bastille - Good Grief
5. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful


Fresh Blurbs

~ At this point, I'm pretty freaking annoyed that Lukas Graham - 7 Years and Meghan Trainor - No are still here. 

~ Panic! At The Disco - Victorious is easily fading out of my mind. I really would like it if it didn't last a year, I wish it would be something I wouldn't remember in a year.

~ Taylor Swift - New Romantics and Fifth Harmony - Work From Home are two examples of songs that I will probably never get sick of. 

~ Kenny Chesney's voice frankly stinks. The only halfway decent thing about this song is the beat. Not even P!nk can save this song. Setting The World On Fire is easily oversaturated and I'm glad it's losing steam. 

~ I would really appreciate it if Meghan Trainor - Me Too left. Like now. 

~ DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You is looking at a highly unsuccessful countdown run right now. 

~ Kiarra - Gold like legit gives me life. 

~ Coldplay & SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend is kind of old at this point. 

~ X Ambassadors - Unsteady should be long gone at this point. How ironic. 

~ Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd Starving has been here for four weeks and it is already in the top 10. 

~ I'm really happy that The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer is dominating right now. It's a great song. 

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

*Will be back next week.*

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2. Meghan Trainor - No
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
4. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
5. Mike Posner & SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
2. Kiiara - Gold
3. Ariana Grande - Into You
4. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
5. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)


10 comments:

  1. Why is Fresh Eyes change from red (orange on Hit-Bound) to turquoise? Also, why is Stressed Out in pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got a tad better. And Stressed Out is just getting annoying, not really something I'm freaking out over right now.

      Delete
  2. "~ Kiarra - Gold like legit gives me life.

    ~ Coldplay & SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend is kind of old at this point."

    Hmmm. We disagree on quite a few things. But great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I would really appreciate it if Meghan Trainor - Me Too left. Like now."

    Welcome to my world, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's becoming way to annoying. I'm glad I'm in your world.

      Delete
  4. Jack, do you remember listening to Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don't Care?

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Adele - Water Under the Bridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's decent. I'll give you that. Definitely not something I'll spend a lot of my time listening to.

      Delete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...