Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Chainsmokers (5) - Week Of November 5, 2016

the_chainsmokers-15674-759x500.jpg (759×500)
Hey there guys! I hope you all had a great week! This week was pretty uneventful in most ways. It really wasn't all that interesting. So, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the songs we're saying goodbye to:
  • Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#38)
  • AJR - I'm Not Famous (#42)
  • Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - Stitches

The Chart
45. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#45)
44. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#35)
43. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#36)
42. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#41)
41. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#40)
40. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#43)
39. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight (DEBUT)
38. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#39)
37. Calvin Harris - My Way (#32)
36. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#31)
35. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl (DEBUT)
34. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#37)
33. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (DEBUT)
32. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#33)
31. Runaground - Chase You Down (#34)
30. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#29)
29. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#30)
28. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#20)
27. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#26)
26. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#27)
25. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#25)
24. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#23)
23. Nick Jonas - Bacon (#22)
22. Kiiara - Gold (#15)
21. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#17)
20. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#28)
19. OneRepublic - Kids (#25)
18. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#16)
17. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#21)
16. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#18)
15. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#19)
14. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#13)
13. Niall Horan - This Town (#14)
12. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#7)
11. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#12)
10. Ariana Grande - Into You (#9)
9. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#10)
8. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (#3)
7. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#8)
6. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#6)
5. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#5)
4. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#4)
3. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#11)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#2)
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#1)

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (-9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side and DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (+8)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things

#1 Recommendation For You: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye

New Entrants

~ First up this week we have Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight. I really couldn't tell you exactly what I think of this song. I alternate between thinking that it's okay to thinking that it's bad. Right now, and for the past few weeks, I have been thinking it is okay. So, that could all change. I honestly think this song is more of a space filler, so I would be happy if it flopped.

~ Next, we have a brand new female empowerment anthem from Fifth Harmony. That's My Girl is definitely a keeper. There's no doubt that it is hella catchy. Is this song there best, you say? No, I don't think so. I think that title goes to Worth It at the moment. This song literally makes me want to take a dance class. My favorite part is at the end when Normani says "ain't nothing, ain't nothing, put your heart and your soul in it". This part just feels so powerful and I love it. All in all, it better be successful because it's definitely a win.

~ Our last debut of the week comes in the form of Jon Bellion - All Time Low. At first, I wouldn't listen to this song, because I thought it would be boring, and boy was I wrong. Last month, I gave a full listen to this song and have loved it ever since. This song is just lyrically and vocally genius and very catchy. I really would like to see this song do well here, it hasn't necessarily done that anywhere else yet.

HitBound

  • Mike Posner - Be As Your Are
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain
  • Gavin DeGraw - She Sets The City On Fire
  • Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (DEBUT)
  • DNCE - Body Moves
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • Bastille - Good Grief
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (DEBUT)
  • John Legend - Love Me Now
  • The Summer Set - The Night Is Young
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy
  • Train - Play That Song (DEBUT)
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. DNCE - Body Moves
2. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
3. Rihana - Love On The Brain
4. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
5. Gavin DeGraw - She Sets The City On Fire


All Time Blurbs

~ I would love to see Closer stay atop the countdown. If it stays for every week left out of the year, it will tie the record.

~ I'm not particularly liking seeing DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You this high up, but if its anything like Cold Water, it will drop soon.

~ Cold Water is beginning to get boring. That's kind of weird actually.

~ Ariana Grande - Into You has actually had a very good countdown run. Although it didn't hit the top spot, it has been in the top 10 for months.

~ Bruno Mars - 24K Magic is progressively dropping on spot every week since its second week when it jumped. Well, that's just great, isn't it?

~ Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire needs to leave. Hits 1 is not the place for country music. I hear all this crap on my bus every day, which is mostly why I don't like a lot of it.

~ X Ambassadors is going in the right direction. I would like to see this song leave before the year is over, we are slowly starting to clear out the crap on this countdown.

~ Hits 1 started playing the original version of I Hate U, I Love U this week. I am very glad they did this because the original version is one hundred times better than the one they played. The fast beat before really drowned out the voices in a sad, slow song.

~ It's nice to see Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! dropping. The movie this was for, Trolls, was just released this weekend. If this was the lead single from the movie, I don't understand why they released it six months before the initial movie release.

~ I would love to see 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys leave like next week. Is that possible? Probably not.

~ It's safe to say that Calvin Harris - My Way and Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion have both flopped on this countdown. The former of which is rather ridiculous.

~ Yes, I am beginning to lose slight interest in Fifth Harmony - Work From Home. I was so close to putting this in blue, the reason that the verses are a little dry right now. As soon as it leaves the countdown, I will probably grow back into it, though.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire

1-Bad
19. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

2-Mediocre
18. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
17. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

3-Decent
16. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend

4-Good
15. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
14. OneRepublic - Kids
13. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
12. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
11. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
10. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
9. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills

5-Great
8. Niall Horan - This Town
7. Ariana Grande - Into You
6. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
5. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
4. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
3. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side

Score: 76/100

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
2. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire
3. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
3. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
4. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
5. Kiiara - Gold

The Hot 45 Chart is being worked on at the moment, as is the 50,000 Pageview Special.

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

16 comments:

  1. I think us and Parker are the only ones here that hate Setting the World on Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, I really, really, REALLY like your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for All Time Low debuting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, more unwanted Fifth Harmony debuting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the production, especially those annoying trumpets, seriously it sounds like someone is fucking farting. And did they need to keep slathering auto-tune all over their voices in the chorus? Its better than **** **** **** I'll tell you that, but its production is almost as bad if not worse. If **** **** **** had nothing to its production, this is loud and obnoxious enough that its almost impossible to ignore.

      Delete
  5. If you think Worth It is better than Work From Home, then how did you get sick of Worth It in late 2015/early 2016?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know why... That's actually very strange considering that I like it...you know, I kind of liked it better with Kid Ink, and I was grading the one without him, so that may be a factor.

      Delete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Jack: So Below - Hard

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just randomly grew into Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl




    Like, a lot;)

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...