Sunday, October 23, 2016

Twenty One Pilots (1) - Week Of October 22, 2016


u15wGUnefUsKYZxEXoKuxzmQ.jpeg (1000×667)
Well, hey there guys! So, yesterday I went to the movies. It was raining all day yesterday, so I thought it would be a good idea. If you were wondering what I went to see, I saw Keeping Up With The Joneses. This movie got terrible reviews, but I was laughing the whole time and honestly it was definitely worth my money. I don't know what the critics thought was so bad about it. Well, whatever. Now, before this week's fresh 45, here's the songs that are making their departures:
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (#21)
  • DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#34)
  • Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#38)
  • The Strumbellas - Spirits (#41)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams

The Countdown
45. Meghan Trainor - No (#35)
44. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#40)
43. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#42)
42. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#43)
41. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#45)
40. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#36)
39. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#37)
38. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#33)
37. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#39)
36. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#23)
35. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#43)
34. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#32)
33. Runaground - Chase You Down (DEBUT)
32. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#27)
31. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#16)
30. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#30)
29. Calvin Harris - My Way (#31)
28. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#28)
27. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#14)
26. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#22)
25. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#24)
24. OneRepublic - Kids (#15)
23. Nick Jonas - Bacon (#29)
22. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien/Deepend - I Hate U, I Love U (#17)
21. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (DEBUT)
20. Niall Horan - This Town (#20)
19. Kiiara - Gold (#26)
18. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#13)
17. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (DEBUT)
16. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (#8)
15. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (DEBUT)
14. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#4)
13. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#25)
12. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#19)
11. Ariana Grande - Into You (#5)
10. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#11)
9. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#10)
8. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#6)
7. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#18)
6. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#9)
5. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#7)
4. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#12)
3. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#3)
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#1)
1. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (+12)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Little Mix - Shout Out To My Ex

#1 Recommendation For You: Rihanna - Love On The Brain

New Entrants

~ Our first entrant this week is Runaground with Chase You Down. This is a very random song to be here, but it's really catchy, that's about all I can say. I don't think I'll be remembering this long-term, but I wish it success on the countdown because it's very good at the moment.

~ Our second debut this week comes from someone no other than Sia with a guest appearance from Kendrick Lamar in the form of The Greatest. This is definitely a great follow up single to the notably successful Cheap Thrills. Sia has a great voice in this song and this is a good example of the kinds of songs that get you up and going as they are very fast paced and ready to be danced to. I didn't know if I was going to be a fan of Kendrick Lamar's verse, but things turned out differently, his verse flows very smoothly. All in all, this is a win for both Sia and Lamar, and I wish it well on the countdown.

~ Next up is Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful. This song is just absolutely amazing. Alessia's last two singles, Here and Wild Things were both good, and this one is notably good as well, but for very distinctive reasons. This is a very empowering song and sends a beautiful message. She is telling everyone that they are perfect the way they are and they don't have to change anything about them to fit the perfect standards our society looks for these days. Alessia's voice matches perfectly with the song, and I am really hoping to see some notable success out of this song because it's songs like these that people need to realize mean something wonderful.

~ Lastly this week is Maroon 5 and Don't Wanna Know. I was very convinced this was going to tie Carly Rae Jepsen's record of highest debut on here, but it didn't, so that's good. This song is very unique and something I had really never expected to hear from a band like Maroon 5. I'm liking the style of this song and the vocals are on point. I will probably get sick of this song due to radio overplay at some point, but for now I hope it does good while it is still good.

HitBound
  • John Legend - Love Me Now (DEBUT)
  • Gavin DeGraw - She Sets The City On Fire (DEBUT)
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain (DEBUT)
  • Jon Bellion - All Time Low
  • Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl (DEBUT)
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Mike Posner - Be As You Are
  • DNCE - Body Moves
  • Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • Bastille - Good Grief
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. TIE: Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
1. TIE: Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
3. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
4. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
5. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You


Blurbs To Your Beautiful

~ First off, let me just talk about our exits this week. I am extremely happy that Cake By The Ocean took it's well deserved departure. It's also a very good thing that Victorious left, even though I grew back into it over the course of the week. Spirits didn't deserve to leave so quickly, it should have stuck around a while longer. Lastly, let me just say how mad I am that The Little Things left after just 3 weeks here. That is freaking ridiculous. There is much worse on this countdown and this deserved to have a somewhat good tenure.

~ Oh boy, this better be the end of Meghan Trainor - No. I will not tolerate another jump back into the 30's.

~ Lukas Graham - Mama Said is deathly annoying. I can't listen to this anymore. Remind me why I even liked this in the first place.

~ It's good to see a reasonable jump back from Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You. I swear if this song were to leave this week, you would've had a very long rant blurb.

~ I really don't care how much longer Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion lasts, but it is kind of refreshing to see it have the biggest drop of the week.

~ Let's just get 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys out of here. Like now. This song sucks so bad.

~ It's actually quite ridiculous that Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out is still here, it would be pleasant to see a drop or possibly an exit in the near future.

~ Can The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy move? I want this song to have success and not be a flop.

~ It's very nice to see Kiiara - Gold bounce back into the top 20.

~ I'm very annoyed that Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire had the biggest jump this week. This song is pretty much trash.

~ Bruno Mars - 24K Magic is a really good jam. I'm glad it had a nice jump this week.

~ Why the heck is Twenty One Pilots - Ride back in the top 10?

~ Why the heck is X Ambassadors - Unsteady still in the top 10?

~ Twenty One Pilots - Heathens is a reasonable choice for #1. I don't think I'll mind it staying there for a while.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
19. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire

1-Bad
18. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
17. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

2-Mediocre
16. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
15. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For

3-Decent

14. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
13. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

4-Good

12. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
11. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
10. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
9. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
8. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
7. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You

5-Great

6. Niall Horan - This Town
5. Ariana Grande - Into You
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
3. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
1. Kiiara - Gold

Score: 66/100

The Hot 45 Chart from last week was released yesterday! I plan to get this week's out later today or tomorrow.

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
2. Meghan Trainor - No
3. Lukas Graham - Mama Said
4. AJR - I'm Not Famous
5. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. Kiiara - Gold
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
3. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
4. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)







6 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...