Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Chainsmokers (3) - Week Of October 15, 2016

The-Chainsmokers.png (1024×687)
Hey guys! I really hope you all had a fantastic week! I know I did (mostly because it was a three day school week), and I had a three day weekend again this weekend. Well, let's just say that this countdown was a little strange, and not the good kind of strange. These are the first signs of the dark ages of the countdown (once again). Now, before we review this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the songs we are saying goodbye to this week:

  • Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#34) [Yes!]
  • Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#45) [Thank the heavens!]
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - Stitches

The Countdown
45. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#29)
44. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#37)
43. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#12)
42. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#32)
41. The Strumbellas - Spirits (#22)
40. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#42)
39. Mike Posner & SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#36)
38. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#38)
37. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#39)
36. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#43)
35. Meghan Trainor - No (#44)
34. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#38)
33. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#40)
32. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#33)
31. Calvin Harris - My Way (#17)
30. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#16)
29. Nick Jonas - Bacon (DEBUT)
28. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#31)
27. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#27)
26. Kiiara - Gold (#19)
25. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#35)
24. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#27)
23. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#23)
22. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#22)
21. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (#21)
20. Niall Horan - This Town (#30)
19. Bruno Maris - 24K Magic (DEBUT)
18. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#18)
17. Gnash & Deepend/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#24)
16. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#21)
15. OneRepublic - Kids (#26)
14. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#5)
13. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#4)
12. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#12)
11. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#13)
10. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#6)
9. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#7)
8. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (#14)
7. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#15)
6. Coldplay & SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#11)
5. Ariana Grande - Into You (#9)
4. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#10)
3. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#8)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#2)
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#1)

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (-31)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: OneRepublic - Kids (+11)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)

#1 Recommendation For You: Bridgit Mendler/Kaiydo - Atlantis

New Entrants

~ First up this week is Nick Jonas returning with Bacon. This song isn't his best but it isn't his worst either. I can't really say at the moment where it lands. At first listen, this song was generally unappealing to me. Then, when it debuted on HitBound I began to grow into it. I'm not really a big fan of Ty Dolla $ign's part in the song, so I'm fine with them cutting it out. I'm not really seeing this song having success on this countdown, so, if it stays long, it will be good, but if it leaves sooner, I won't be devastated.

~ The second debut we have this week is Bruno Mars - 24K Magic. This song definitely is nowhere near Bruno Mars's best, but, for now it's somewhat acceptable. I can tolerate it at the moment, but I don't know how long that'll last. I honestly think that this song should've debuted lower than #19, but whatever. I don't really care what this song does here, but it will probably be successful.

HitBound
  • DNCE - Body Moves
  • Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
  • Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky
  • Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (DEBUT)
  • Bastille - Good Grief
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (DEBUT)
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy (DEBUT)
  • Jon Bellion - All Time Low
  • Mike Posner - Be As You Are
  • Runaground - Chase You Down
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
2. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
3. DNCE - Body Moves
4. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
5. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You

24K Blurbs

~ I would greatly appreciate it if Lukas Graham - Mama Said were to leave soon. It has slowly come unbearable. Mama said...la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la. Yeah kids, you know when I hear this I want to scream. 

~ What a drop from Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You. Let me say that I am definitely not happy about this. This song is still really good and we can't afford to have good songs like this loitering around in the bottom 5.

~ Yeah, on the somewhat note of things that are bad, let's get AJR - I'm Not Famous out of here.

~ We have worse music to be clogging up the bottom 5 than The Strumbellas - Spirits.

~ Let me just say how freaking annoyed I am to see Meghan Trainor - No still here and making a big jump. I mean, it's ridiculous. This song is nowhere near her best, yet Hits 1 can't let go of it. It would've been a lot better if this left instead of Me Too this week.

~ Okay, Taylor Swift - New Romantics has the freedom to leave at this point. If it doesn't want to, I'm totally fine with that though.

~ Why in the world is Calvin Harris - My Way dropping this much after being here for 4 weeks? This frankly makes me mad because this song is good and deserves to be higher up and not already flopping. 

~ I am really happy that the stupid excuse of a song called 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys took a tumble this week. When I hear this song, I want to laugh because of how lyrically dumb it is, mixed with the awful sound of their voices.

~ We have a new best song on the countdown. The title is given to Kiiara - Gold. Now, I know most of you guys despise this song. So, let me give you my reasoning for why it has achieved this title. First off, I listened to this song a heck of a lot of times this week. Secondly, I find the part where her vocals are mixed and it sounds like gibberish to be very cool sounding and I love that it plays like that throughout the song. Lastly, this girl has a strange and mysterious voice, but it somehow manages to wow me. So, there is my reasoning. Might I add, that this song should still be in the top 20.

~ I am loving how sweet and slow Niall Horan - This Town is. Every time I hear it, I get in a relaxed mood and sing it like Niall does. 

~ I am now slowly seeing what's so stupid about Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion. It's still an okay song, but it may not be like that for long.

~ I am not exactly understanding why X Ambassadors - Unsteady is in the top 10, or why it's even still here.

~ I would appreciate it if Coldplay & SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend left soon, or just left the top 10.

~ I'm not really liking that Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For and Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better are hitting new peaks just now. These songs are really becoming mediocre. 

~ It's good to see a song like The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer dominating right now. It's actually quite a breath of fresh air.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

1-Bad
19. Coldplay & SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
18. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

2-Mediocre
17. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
16. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
15. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
14. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

3-Decent
13. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
12. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For

4-Good
11. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
10. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
9. OneRepublic - Kids
8. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You

5-Great
7. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
6. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
5. Ariana Grande - Into You
4. Gnash & Deepend/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
3. Niall Horan - This Town
2. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Score: 67/100

The Hot 45 Chart for this week and last week will be up fairly soon!

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
2. Meghan Trainor - No
3. Lukas Graham - Mama Said
4. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire
5. Mike Posner & SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. Kiiara - Gold
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
5. Ariana Grande - Into You

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

15 comments:

  1. Aw, my favorite song for 5 weeks is in orange. But nice post anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. A few months ago, over the summer.

      Delete
    2. https://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/07/americas-got-talent-judge-cuts-episode-4.html?showComment=1469228340238#c79097872559362253

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Olivia O'Brien/Blackbear - Root Beer Float

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Zay Hilfigerrr & Zayion McCall - Juju on That Beat (TZ Anthem)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NEW THE BLACK EYED PEAS COMING SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...