Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Chainsmokers (1) - Week Of October 1, 2016


150000_hk_Website_Transparent_Chainsmokers_NEW.png (780×498)
Hey guys! So, last night I didn't go to my first homecoming dance. Only one of my friends was going, but he had a date, so he would be with her most of the time and I'm not really a social butterfly in other words. The rest of my friends just stayed home, so I figured it wouldn't be too much fun. So, instead I stayed home and rented a movie. I'm not thrilled that I missed it, but the movie was pretty good, so I don't care, even though I probably missed out on a lot of fun, but I'll try to rope my friends into going next year. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the songs we're saying goodbye to:
  • Symon - Say (#31)
  • DNCE - Toothbrush (#41)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance

The Countdown
45. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#39)
44. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#45)
43. Meghan Trainor - No (#44)
42. All Time Low - Missing You (#35)
41. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#42)
40. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#43)
39. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#40)
38. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#32)
37. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#37)
36. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#33)
35. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (DEBUT)
34. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#34)
33. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#38)
32. The 1975 - The Sound (#24)
31. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#21)
30. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#28)
29. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#27)
28. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#29)
27. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#22)
26. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#25)
25. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#17)
24. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (DEBUT)
23. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#30)
22. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#20)
21. OneRepublic - Kids (#19)
20. Kiiara - Gold (#23)
19. The Strumbellas - Spirits (#26)
18. Calvin Harris - My Way (#36)
17. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#2)
16. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (#14)
15. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#11)
14. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#18)
13. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#13)
12. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#12)
11. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#16)
10. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#15)
9. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#5)
8. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#9)
7. Ariana Grande - Into You (#8)
6. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#6)
5. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#1)
4. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#4)
3. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#3)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#7)
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#10)

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Twenty One Pilots - Ride (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Calvin Harris - My Way (+18)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: The Chainsmokers/Phoebe Ryan - All We Know

#1 Recommendation For You: DNCE - Body Moves

New Entrants

~ First up this week is Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U. Let's just say that I can relate to this song so much right now. They turned this true feeling into a song and I think that's amazing. Gnash is an amazing rapper and Olivia O'Brien is an amazing singer. Amazing+Amazing=Amazing, well I can't lie when I say that this is an amazing song. I really would like to see this song do good on the countdown.

~ Our second debut this week is from Big Gigantic and Angela McCluskey in the form of The Little Things. I looked it up and was shocked to see this woman was 53 years old. I had no idea. She still has some killer vocals for that age. Anyway, I have lost a bit of interest in this song, but nevertheless, it's still pretty good. I don't particularly expect this song to do good here or bad here.

HitBound


~ Here's the list:
  • Nick Jonas - Bacon
  • Pitbull/Flo-Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
  • Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky
  • DNCE - Body Moves (DEBUT)
  • Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
  • Mike Posner - Be As You Are
  • Runaground - Chase You Down
  • The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Niall Horan - This Town (DEBUT)
  • Bastille - Good Grief
  • Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
2. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
3. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
4. Nick Jonas - Bacon
5. Bastille - Good Grief

The Little Blurbs

~ I'm still finding it surreal that Panic! At The Disco - Victorious is here. At least it got bearable over the we week.

~ Well, it looks like Lukas Graham - Mama Said is coming to an end.

~ I'm liking to see The 1975 - The Sound and AJR - I'm Not Famous in the bottom half of the countdown, let's just get rid them and some other crap down here.

~ I honestly have no care in the world that Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire is dropping. The same thing with Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick.

~ Well, it's unfortunate that DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You is already dropping. 

~ I'm in love with Kiiara - Gold. So. Freaking. Catchy.

~ I'm so glad that Calvin Harris - My Way had the biggest jump this week. This song is really catchy.

~ I would like it Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water was in the top 10, it's worthy of it.

~ I am liking that Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You jumped up this high.

~ Ouch. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down took a hard drop from #1.

~ Well, at least The Chainsmokers replaced themselves at #1 with Closer featuring Halsey.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
19. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
18. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
17. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
16. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
15. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

4-Good
14. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
13. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
12. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
11. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
10. The Strumbellas - Spirits

5-Great
9. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
8. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
7. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You
6. Calvin Harris - Mu Way
5. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
3. Kiiara - Gold
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Score: 79/100

Bottom 5
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2. Meghan Trainor - No
3. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys

Top 5
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
3. Kiiara - Gold
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
5. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U

The special Hot 45 Chart double feature will be out soon!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

23 comments:

  1. You said Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MO - Cold Water in the blurbs. Also Gnash is not a rapper, if you look him up it says he's a singer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um...no. That song is as old as the dinosaurs.

      Delete
    2. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Major Lazer & SHOWTEK - Believer

      Delete
    3. When We Were Young and the one you just recommended Chase I dislike as well.

      Delete
  3. Haha wow, if 7 Years was at #45, that'd literally be perfect, having your least favorite at the very bottom and your favorite at #1.

    Also, you have Hymn For The Weekend in green but under Decent below the other blue songs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Recommendation For Jack: Sabrina Carpenter - On Purpose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've listened to it many of times, and I love it! On the Hot 45 Chart it has peaked at #4.

      Delete
  5. #1 recommendation: The Chainsmokers/Phoebe Ryan - All We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. When will the Hot 45 Chart(s) be out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 Recommendation for the Hot 45 Chart: DNCE - Body Moves
    #2 Recommendation: for the Hot 45 Chart: Zedd - Ignite (You have to check this one out!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When will the Hot 45 Chart(s) be out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1 Recommendation For Jack: Jess Godwin - Fool Me Once

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Jonas Blue/JP Cooper - Perfect Strangers

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...