Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Chainsmokers (3) - Week Of September 24, 2016

the-chainsmokers-2016.jpg (2048×1365)

Hey guys! So, yes, this is my first homecoming week. I will be participating in the dress-up days as it is school spirit week. I will also be attending and playing in pep band for the Friday night football game. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to go to the dance, but I don't think I want to. If you want to tell me what I should do, feel free to in the comments. Anyways, enough about my problems, onto the countdown, here's the songs leaving us this week:

  • Katy Perry - Rise (#27)
  • Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#35)
  • Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down 
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance

The Countdown
45. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#44)
44. Meghan Trainor - No (#43)
43. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#38)
42. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#41)
41. DNCE - Toothbrush (#42)
40. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#36)
39. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#33)
38. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#31)
37. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#40)
36. Calvin Harris - My Way (DEBUT)
35. All Time Low - Missing You (#24)
34. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#29)
33. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#26)
32. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#32)
31. Symon - Say (#25)
30. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (DEBUT)
29. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#21)
28. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#20)
27. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#16)
26. The Strumbellas - Spirits (#17)
25. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (DEBUT)
24. The 1975 - The Sound (#15)
23. Kiiara - Gold (#39)
22. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#22)
21. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#19)
20. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#34)
19. OneRepublic - Kids (#30)
18. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#14)
17. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#4)
16. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#23)
15. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#11)
14. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (#18)
13. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#10)
12. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#37)
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#13)
10. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#12)
9. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#28)
8. Ariana Grande - Into You (#7)
7. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#6)
6. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#5)
5. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#8)
4. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#9)
3. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#3)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#2)
1. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (-13)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (+25)

#1 Reccomendation For Hits 1: Sabrina Carpenter - All We Have Is Love

#1 Recommendation For You: The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy

New Entrants

~ First up this week is Calvin Harris - My Way. First of all, many people are speculating that this song is about Taylor Swift. All in all, it sounds like it is. I don't want these two writing songs about each other, because they were such a great couple, but I guess all good things have to come to an end. Anyways, I like when Calvin sings because he has a pretty good voice. All in all, the drop is better in this song than in This Is What You Came For. Whether or not I think this is better than This Is What You Came For, time will tell. Right now, I would like to see this have some success on this countdown.

~ Our next debut comes from Panic! At The Disco with Death Of A Bachelor. Now, this song hasn't been officially released as a single, which is strange, because they haven't released a single off of this album in about a year. So, I don't know why it's here. Anyways, the vocals are good and it just has a real old school vibe. So, all in all, I like it. Well, I hope it doesn't become what Victorious is, so that's all I have to say.

~ Lastly, we have DJ Snake and Justin Bieber with Let Me Love You. This song is just really catchy. The drop is great and Justin's vocals really are a good fit for this song. I hope it will have some success on this countdown. There is a very likely chance that it will be a top 10 song, but all I want is that it doesn't get overplayed.

HitBound
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (DEBUT)
  • Bastille - Good Grief (DEBUT)
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
  • Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Green Light
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky
  • Nick Jonas - Bacon
  • Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
  • Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
  • Mike Posner/JordanXL - Be As You Are
  • Runaground - Chase You Down (DEBUT)
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
2. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
3. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
4. Nick Jonas - Bacon
5. Mike Posner/JordanXL - Be As You Are

Let Me Blurb You

~ It feels so surreal that Panic! At The Disco - Victorious is here. It was never an actual hit and if it lasts a year it will be ridiculous.

~ Why is DNCE - Toothbrush lower in position to DNCE - Cake By The Ocean. I mean, that's just ridiculous.

~ I 'm not lying when I say that I forgot Symon - Say was here.

~ Yeah, I kind of also forgot that Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick was here as well.

~ I'm so happy that Kiiara - Gold jumped. This song is definitely top 10 worthy, so let's get it there.

~ It's actually a bit abnormal that Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out is still this high up.

~ I couldn't care less with Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) having the biggest drop this week.

~ What a heck of a jump from Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving on its second week. I think we're eyeing a top 10 entry next week.

~ Why the heck is X Ambassadors - Unsteady back in the top 10? It's official, this song has had the weirdest countdown tenure this year.

~ Well, its okay that The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down is at #1, I guess.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys

1-Bad
19. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
18. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
17. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
16. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
15. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
14. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

4-Good
13. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
12. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
11. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
10. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
9. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion

5-Great
8. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
7. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
6. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You
5. OneRepublic - Kids
4. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Score: 76/100

Bottom 5
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2. Meghan Trainor - No
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
4. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
5. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

Top 5
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
3. Kiiara - Gold
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
5. Calvin Harris - My Way

The Hot 45 Chart is coming soon!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)





11 comments:

  1. When your least favorite and one of your most favorite songs are both in the bottom 5 of someone else's :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. JordanXL is not in the Hits 1 version of Be As You Are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Closer in purple… Doesn't surprise me. It's still #1 on Billboard, wonder how much longer it'll be for that. Possibly a while, seeing how far ahead in points it is…

    Also, in case you forgot, 10/8 won't be a year for Victorious, seeing as it left at the beginning of the year and was a re-entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October 8 will be the one year anniversary, but its 52-week mark will be November 12.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it will be November 12, I almost forgot that it left and re-entered.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing I Took A Pill In Ibiza not only in red, but in the Bottom 5 picks was a little painful. It's still one of my favorite songs this year. But I can understand if you're sick of it.

    I will also never understand what is so good about Gold. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait...








    New Romantics is still here???

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 Recommendation for Jack: twenty one pilots - Cancer

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...