Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Chainsmokers (7) - Week Of March 2, 2019













Hello again everyone! I hope that you all had a fantastic week! I cannot believe that it is March already. This year is going by quite fast insofar. Anyways, the countdown wasn't super eventful this week. Some major jumps and drops occurred this week, and we still have the same song atop the countdown. Anyways, more on that later on in the post. Before we get to this week's fresh 45, here are the songs that we are saying goodbye to this week.
  • Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999 (#29)
  • Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life (#33)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling

The Countdown
45. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#45)
44. lovelytheband - Broken (#41)
43. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#43)
42. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#30) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. Jennifer Lopez - Limitless (#44)
40. George Ezra - Shotgun (#38)
39. Travis Scott - Sicko Mode (#42)
38. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#34)
37. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#25) [1 Week At #1]
36. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#39)
35. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#36)
34. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#40)
33. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#28)
32. Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe (#24)
31. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (DEBUT)
30. Zedd & Katy Perry - 365 (#37)
29. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#26)
28. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#12) [5 Weeks At #1]
27. David Guetta & Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#27)
26. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (DEBUT)
25. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me (#22)
24. Seeb & Bastille - Grip (#16)
23. Bruno Mars & Cardi B - Please Me (#31)
22. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#35)
21. Khalid - Better (#18)
20. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#19)
19. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#14)
18. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#23)
17. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#20)
16. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#21)
15. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#7)
14. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#15)
13. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#11)
12. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over (#17)
11. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#32)
10. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#10)
9. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#13)
8. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#6) [8 Weeks At #1]
7. Ellie Goulding & Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#9)
6. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
5. Halsey - Without Me (#3) [5 Weeks At #1]
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#8)
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#5)
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2)
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#1) [7th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (-16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (+21)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Bazzi - 3:15


New Entrants 

~ First up this week, we have another posthumous release from Lil Peep, who has passed away almost a year and a half ago. This new release is titled I've Been Waiting with assistance from iLoveMakonnen and Fall Out Boy. Compared to what I have been used to hearing from Lil Peep, this one is above the mark of pretty much the rest of his other songs. However, I mostly like this song because of the vocals that we are given by iLoveMakonnen and Patrick Stump. I am not a huge fan of the vocal offerings given to us by Lil Peep on this song. However, iLoveMakonnen sounds decent, and Patrick Stump sounds pretty good here. The production on this track is fairly good and the chorus is nicely orchestrated. In the end, though, I find it more likely that I will see myself grow out of this song before really growing into it. It is on the edge of blue anyways at the moment. 

~ Our other new entrant to the countdown comes from Imagine Dragons, with their best single from their latest album Origins. This one is called Bad Liar. Many of the songs that this band has released have not stuck by me for the longest time. Bad Liar, however, I feel can have the potential to be different. The production here is nice, the lyrics are more put together than most of the other songs that this band has released, and the vocals given to us by Dan Reynolds are pretty good. I am hoping that this song does decent here, and that Hits 1 doesn't kill my mood on the song.

Best New Entrant Of The Week: Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar


Hit-Bound 
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Post Malone - Wow.
  • Maren Morris - Girl
  • P!nk - Walk Me Home (DEBUT)
  • Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Kelsy Karter - Harry
  • Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (DEBUT)
  • Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
  • Ally Brooke - Low Key (DEBUT)
  • Grandson - Apologize
  • Jonas Brothers - Sucker (DEBUT)
  • LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius
  • YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
  • Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You (DEBUT)
~ P!nk is back, after a while out of the spotlight. She brings us Walk Me Home, which is a very nice indication of the quality of her upcoming album. It is definitely a bit different than what we are used to hearing from her, but I am a huge fan of the powerful vocals she delivers. By no means is this her best song, but I definitely like it for what it is. I am hoping it is able to make it onto the countdown.

~ Next up this week, we have the introduction of In Betweenin' from Austin Brown. This song is alright, but I don't know if I am going to have strong feelings for it in the long run. The vocals here are kind of annoying and the style of this song is rather childish. I might just end up indifferent on this song.

~ Next up, we have another song from a former Fifth Harmony member. This time it is from Ally Brooke. In my opinion, Lauren Jauregui and Ally Brooke are the two worst singers from the group. Dinah Jane is decent, but we haven't heard much from her since the band broke up. I am really only a fan of the solo work of Camila Cabello and Normani Kordei. Low Key is a pretty shitty song. The production is awful here, and her vocals are mediocre. I am hoping that this doesn't debut on the countdown.

~ Next up, we have quite a catchy song that has been stuck in my head virtually all weekend. It is the return of the Jonas Brothers. Sucker is the title of their new song. The vocals here are superb and I really like the production on this track. It has a nice vibe for song of the summer, but it may have been released too early. However, I am hoping that this song is successful nonetheless.

~ Finally, with our class of new Hit-Bound entrants, we receive another great song from Kygo and Valerie Broussard. This guy can produce great songs, and Think About You holds true to that characteristic. The drop here is really good, and the vocals that we are given are nice. This isn't Kygo's best, but I definitely appreciate the song for what it is--like many of his other songs.

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
2. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
3. YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
4. P!nk - Walk Me Home
5. Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You


Bad Blurber

~ We continue to see This Feeling atop the countdown this week. At this point, I believe the song has reached its fill atop the countdown. I would prefer if either Hey Look Ma, I Made It or Sweet But Psycho were to take over the countdown--but I think that the latter is less likely to do so.

~ We see 7 Rings enter the top 10 this week, which is fine by me, seeing that we got rid of 2002--but this song is definitely starting to show me its poorly executed roots. It wouldn't surprise me if it made its way down the color ranks in the next few weeks.

~ After a week of being static, we see a massive jump almost into the top 10 from Sam Smith and Normani's Dancing With A Stranger. I am happy about this.

~ We see a bit of a jump from Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More. It didn't enter the top 20 like I preferred--but hopefully that will come in the following weeks. We need a good country track in the top 20.

~ It is quite a surprise to finally see the demise of 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood. It was quite high up in the ranks for a long while.

~ Sexual Vibe is kind of losing traction, after one successful week. I am hoping that this doesn't mean the end of this song soon.

~ So, I have finally squared things away with the Hot 45 Chart. It will be updated weekly on a website called Crownnote. If you would like to view the chart dated for this week, please click here. It is a simple way to keep up your personal charts, and keeps all data for you so you don't have to! 


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Anne-Marie - 2002
18. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
17. Dan + Shay - Speechless
16. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine 

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
15. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
14. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
13. Ellie Goulding & Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me
12. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
11. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes 

5-Great
10. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
9. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
8. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
7. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
6. Halsey - Without Me
5. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
4. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
2. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love

Score: 74% (C-)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
2. Anne-Marie - 2002
3. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
4. George Ezra - Shotgu
5. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
2. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
4. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
5. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me


Thanks for reading!

~ Jack :)        

4 comments:

  1. First.

    Yes I said it.

    Quick question, is This Feeling going to be the next Closer? I was wondering if you noticed this. BTW, nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope not. Because This Feeling is 102935703295702938570982375892375982375823759382759823759823 times worse than Closer.

      Delete
    2. ^^ Closer is the best song by The Chainsmokers.

      Delete
    3. Jack, well that's cool that you like it, but I don't.

      Delete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...