Sunday, March 10, 2019

Panic! At The Disco (1) - Week Of March 9, 2019














Hey guys! It has been another great week. Coming up soon I have some interactive content and some special content for you guys. So, stay tuned for that. Anyways, this week's countdown had very little going on. We didn't really see much moving around, so needless to say it was kind of a boring week. But, we got our first fresh #1 song in what seems like forever. With that being said, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here are the songs that are leaving us this week.
  • David Guetta & Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#27)
  • Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#36)
  • Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#42) [2 Weeks At #1]
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling

The Countdown
45. lovelytheband - Broken (#44)
44. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#45)
43. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#43)
42. George Ezra - Shotgun (#40)
41. Jennifer Lopez - Limitless (#41)
40. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#38)
39. Travis Scott - Sicko Mode (#39)
38. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#37) [1 Week At #1]
37. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (DEBUT)
36. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#35)
35. Post Malone - Wow. (DEBUT)
34. Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe (#32)
33. Grandson - Apologize (DEBUT)
32. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#34)
31. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me (#25)
30. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#29)
29. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#28) [5 Weeks At #1]
28. Zedd & Katy Perry - 365 (#30)
27. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#31)
26. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#33)
25. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#17)
24. Seeb & Bastille - Grip (#24)
23. Khalid - Better (#21)
22. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#22)
21. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#15)
20. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#26)
19. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over (#12)
18. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#19)
17. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#18)
16. Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me (#23)
15. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#20)
14. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#13)
13. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#16)
12. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#11)
11. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#14)
10. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#7)
9. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#8) [8 Weeks At #1]
8. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#9)
7. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#10)
6. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
5. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#4)
4. Halsey - Without Me (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
3. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#6) [2 Weeks At #1]
2. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#1) [7 Weeks At #1]
1. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2) [1st Week At #1] 

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (-8)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Lauren Daigle - You Say (+7)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Ellie Goulding - Flux


New Entrants

~ Our first, and best new entrant to the countdown this week comes from Lauv and Troye Sivan with I'm So Tired.... I really like this song. Although it is extremely repetitive, I just find this one to suit itself well because it is also extremely catchy. Both artists do a very articulate job on their verses, and I like the subtle feeling of it all. The romantic, yet infectious vibe of this song as it transitions from verse to chorus is very nicely orchestrated. Needless to say, I am hoping to see this one stick around for a while.

~ After a while on Hit-Bound, we finally get Wow. from Post Malone. I have lost a bit of interest in this song since its release a few months ago. It is pretty similar to songs that we have heard from Post Malone like Better Now. There isn't a huge amount of rapping present here--it is mostly pop oriented. His vocals aren't bad here, and the production is decent. As I said, it is nothing that has hooked me in for the long run, but I have been enjoying this track for a little bit now.

~ Finally, with my least favorite new entrant to the countdown this week, we have Grandson with Apologize. I don't really like this song. The production is kind of weird and this guy's voice hasn't really grown on me. This song is definitely closer to red than it is to green. I don't know, it is just a weird song--and we get those from Hits 1 every once in a while. But, I don't really see this one lasting long here, so I guess if it lives up to my expectations, I shouldn't be too annoyed with it here--even if it is pretty much just a space filler.

Best New Entrant Of The Week: Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...


Hit-Bound
  • LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius
  • P!nk - Walk Me Home
  • Austin Brown - In Betweenin'
  • Kelsy Karter - Harry
  • Ally Brooke - Low Key
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Maren Morris - Girl
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
  • Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (DEBUT)
  • Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (DEBUT)
  • YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
  • Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
  • Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (DEBUT)
  • Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us (DEBUT)
~ The first of our Hit-Bound entrants this week comes from a jam in the form of Dumb Blonde by Avril Lavigne and Nicki Minaj. This song is just fun. Avril kind of lets loose here, and she hasn't really done that in a while, which is nice. Nicki also sounds nice here. All in all, it is just a fun song and I would love to see it make it onto the countdown.

~ Bebe Rexha brings us Last Hurrah this week, which is another very good song. She sounds great here, especially in the chorus. The production is nice, and the lyrics are unique and nice. This has potential to be one of her best songs, and it is still growing on me. I hope to see it be successful on Hits 1.

~ With our only "meh" entrant to Hit-Bound this week, we have Bury A Friend from Billie Eilish. I don't really know how to feel about this one. I have only heard it twice, and it's not that great. It is very weirdly set up, and her vocals are kind of strange. It is just a weird and honestly a kind of creepy song. I will get back to you on this one after I take a few more listens.

~ Finally, we have the return of Louis Tomlinson after a bit of a hiatus with his new single, Two Of Us. He sounds nice here, and the production is good. The lyrics are very nicely written, and I am just an overall fan of this song. He hasn't really disappointed me yet with his solo music, and the other members of the band have, so I am just hoping that he continues to release content like this.

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
2. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
3. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
4. Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
5. P!nk - Walk Me Home   


I'm So Blurbed...

~ We have a fresh #1! It feels nice to have a different song atop the countdown after a little while with the same songs circulating up top. Hey Look Ma, I Made It is definitely the best song in the top 5 right now, so I am glad it was this if nothing else. 

~ Well, 2002 is finally out of the top 20, and that is something to celebrate. It was there for far too long. Seriously, guys. I have no idea what to talk about this week. It was pretty uneventful.

~ Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next has left the top 20. I am guess I am okay with it. It received a nice level of success here.

~ Limitless is still here and I totally forgot. This song is so irrelevant. It has not even made it out of the bottom 5 the entire time it has been here. Maybe it reached #40 at some point. But, come on. A song this unsuccessful is just a space filler at this point.

~ As for the exits this week, The Last Of The Real Ones and Nothing Breaks Like A Heart will be missed, even though I am kind of getting sick of the latter. But, good riddance to Don't Leave Me Alone. One more bad song off the countdown is a good thing. 


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Dan + Shay - Speechless
18. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
17. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine 

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
16. Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me
15. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
14. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
13. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
12. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
11. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
10. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes  

5-Great 
9. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
8. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
7. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
6. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
5. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
4. Halsey - Without Me
3. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
2. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love

Score: 76% (C)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
2. George Ezra - Shotgun
3. Dan + Shay - Speechless
4. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
5. Anne-Marie - 2002

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
2. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
4. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
5. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me

~ Interested in seeing my personal rankings for the week? Please click here to see my top 45 songs this week. It is updated each Friday. :)
 
Thanks for reading! Have a great week!

~ Jack :) 

2 comments:

  1. First.

    Great, now let's get Sweet but Psycho at #1 this week, shall we? Although your post looks really nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: HOZIER - Almost (Sweet Music)

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...