Saturday, March 30, 2019

Jonas Brothers (1) - Week Of March 30, 2019














Hello there everyone! I hope that you have all had a great week. It has been a very, very long week for me, but I am glad that it is over after today. Anyways, back here in countdown land, we have had a somewhat interesting shake up, especially in the top 20--and we have a new #1, which is very good. All set aside, let's get right to it. Here are the songs leaving this week.
  • Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me (#34)
  • Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#43)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It

The Countdown
45. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#45)
44. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#44)
43. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#41)
42. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#42)
41. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#33) [1 Week At #1]
40. Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (DEBUT)
39. Kelsy Karter - Harry (#39)
38. LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius (#35)
37. Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell (#36)
36. Post Malone - Wow. (#40)
35. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#28)
34. P!nk - Walk Me Home (DEBUT)
33. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#27)
32. Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me (#31)
31. Zedd & Katy Perry - 365 (#38)
30. Grandson - Apologize (#26)
29. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#20)
28. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#25) [5 Weeks At #1]
27. Maren Morris - Girl (#32)
26. Khalid - Better (#24)
25. YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#23)
24. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#21)
23. Meghan Trainor - All The Ways (#30)
22. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen - I've Been Waiting (#29)
21. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#18)
20. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#17)
19. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#22)
18. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#16)
17. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#13)
16. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#37)
15. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#15)
14. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#12)
13. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#7) [7 Weeks At #1]
12. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#4)
11. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#6) [2 Weeks At #1]
10. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#9)
9. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#19)
8. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#11)
7. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#8)
6. Halsey - Without Me (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
5. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#14)
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#10) [8 Weeks At #1]
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Anne-Marie - 2002 (-9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (+21)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved


New Entrants

~ We get yet another bad song added onto the countdown this week. It seems as if all of the worst songs off of Hit-Bound are the ones that are getting spots on the countdown. This week we get Austin Brown - In Betweenin'. This song is pretty typical of what we hear from aspiring teen musicians. He kind of reminds me of Musical.ly teenagers that used to attempt to get big with their music. While he is better, I just can't take this song seriously. His voice also does not make it any better. I guess that this kid can have potential, but this song is just generic, hard-to-take-seriously teen pop.

~ We also receive Walk Me Home from P!nk this week. This song is good. I have been enjoying it lately. P!nk can pretty much always please me with her music, so it wasn't a surprise that I enjoyed this. While it is certainly not her best, she still gives a powerful vocal performance, and gives the song a powerful set of lyrics. I also like the unique production here that is not typical of P!nk songs. Overall, this one adds up nicely and I would like to see it have some success here.

Entrant Rankings:
  1. P!nk - Walk Me Home
  2. Austin Brown - In Betweenin'

Hit-Bound 
  • Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
  • Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
  • Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend
  • NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Ciara - Thinking Bout You (DEBUT)
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid 
  • Ally Brooke - Low Key
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Lizzo - Juice (DEBUT)
  • Fletcher - Undrunk
  • Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
  • Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
~ New to Hit-Bound this week, we have Ciara with Thinking Bout You. Now, I am usually partied to thinking that Ciara's music is pretty average and mediocre, but this song is really, really good. Her voice sounds amazing here, and she usually doesn't utilize it very well. So, I applaud her on that. I would definitely like to see this be successful.

~ We also have Lizzo - Juice debuting to Hit-Bound this week. This song is kind of fun, but I can't really take it too seriously. However, I enjoy it to some extent. It is an okay song, but I don't think it will really grow on me. We'll see. More on this if it ever debuts to the countdown.

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
2. Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
4. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
5. Ciara - Thinking Bout You


Blurb Me Home  

~ It is good to see the Jonas Brothers already take over the #1 spot with Sucker, after only three weeks on the countdown. We needed a little shake up from the usual Panic! At The Disco and The Chainsmokers limbo.

~ I am very happy to see The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer enter into the top 10 with Who Do You Love, which is my favorite song on the countdown at the moment. It is refreshing to see the inferior song from The Chainsmokers, This Feeling, fall out of the top 10 after weeks and weeks up there.

~ It is impressive to see Shallow jump so high after a re-entry. Perhaps Hits 1 is finally realizing that this one shouldn't have had such a crappy first run, and that it should have been here all along. So, they must be trying to make up for lost time. I believe this is just about as high as it peaked the first time it was here.

~ So, funny thing. I was listening to Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine on the way home this week, and now I am having second thoughts about it. I actually don't find it that bad anymore. Crazy thing. I actually started singing along to the chorus. So, yeah. This may be temporary, but for now I think it is okay.

~ I am not happy that All The Ways made a second-week jump. I was hoping that it would drop like a number of our other debuts from last week. Fingers crossed this mess will not gain access into the top 20.

~ It is disappointing to see that the best debut from last week, 11 Minutes, has already made a drop. It does not look promising. I really don't want this to flop.

~ On the other hand, it is nice to see our "meh" debuts not do so good. Here is to getting the space-fillers Hurts Like Hell, Genius, and most importantly, Harry out of here as fast as possible.

~ Oh my goodness. Can we just get The Way I Am out of here already? This song is so irrelevant! Why has it been here for almost a year?

~ As for the exits, it is nice to see the departure of Don't Go Breaking My Heart. That song was here for far too long. It is kind of sad to see Sue Me go, but after last week's drop, I was kind of expecting its departure this week.

~ Personal Chart (3/30/19): http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/hot-45-chart-98

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
18. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
17. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
16. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
15. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly 

4-Good
14. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
13. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
12. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
11. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
10. Halsey - Without Me
9. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings 

5-Great
8. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
7. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More
6. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
5. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
4. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love

Score: 77% (C+)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
2. Kelsy Karter - Harry
3. Dan + Shay - Speechless
4. Anne-Marie - 2002
5. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
3. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
4. YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Thanks for reading!

~ Jack :)

 

       

5 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...