Sunday, March 17, 2019

Panic! At The Disco (2) - Week Of March 16, 2019













Hey guys! I hope that you all had a fantastic week and that you are enjoying St. Patrick's Day weekend. I am just glad that the snow is hopefully, finally gone! Anyways, this week's countdown was much more eventful than last week's more anticlimactic one. So, I am excited to get right into it. Before we get to this week's fresh 45, here are the songs that we are saying goodbye to this week.
  • Travis Scott - Sicko Mode (#39)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Hailee Steifeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It

The Countdown
45. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#44)
44. lovelytheband - Broken (#45)
43. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#43)
42. Jennifer Lopez - Limitless (#41)
41. George Ezra - Shotgun (#42)
40. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#40)
39. Seeb & Bastille - Grip (#24)
38. Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe (#34)
37. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#36)
36. Post Malone - Wow. (#35)
35. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#26)
34. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#30)
33. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#38) [1 Week At #1]
32. Zedd & Katy Perry - 365 (#28)
31. Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me (#16)
30. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over (#19)
29. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#32)
28. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#27)
27. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
26. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#25)
25. Grandson - Apologize (#33)
24. Khalid - Better (#23)
23. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me (#31)
22. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#17)
21. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#21)
20. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#11)
19. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#37)
18. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#22)
17. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#20)
16. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#18)
15. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#13)
14. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#14)
13. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#15)
12. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#12)
11. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#7)
10. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#10)
9. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#9) [8 Weeks At #1]
8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#6)
7. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (DEBUT)
6. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#2) [7 Weeks At #1]
5. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#5)
4. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#8)
3. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#3) [2 Weeks At #1]
2. Halsey - Without Me (#4) [5 Weeks At #1]
1. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Seeb & Bastille - Grip and Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (+18)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Julia Michaels - Happy


New Entrants

~ Our only, and record-breaking entrant to this week's countdown comes from the return of the Jonas Brothers with Sucker. This debuts in the top 10 all the way at #7, beating the previous record for the highest debut that was held by Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe when it debuted at #13. This song has had me hooked in from first listen, and it has just gotten better after each listen. It is a fun, and very catchy song. Both Joe and Nick sound superb on this track, and the production is nicely executed. Seeing as it is clearly Hits 1's favorite track at the moment, it is inevitable that it will hit #1 in the coming weeks. I am happy about that, as it is only one of the three great songs in the top 10 right now, and the best on the countdown in my opinion.

Exit-to-Entrant Comparisons:
  • Sicko Mode < Sucker


Hit-Bound
  • NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku - So Close (DEBUT)
  • Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
  • Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
  • Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Fletcher - Undrunk (DEBUT)
  • Austin Brown - In Betweenin'
  • Ally Brooke - Low Key
  • Kelsy Karter - Harry
  • Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (DEBUT)
  • LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius
  • P!nk - Walk Me Home
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
~ First up this week we have NOTD, Felix Jaehn, and Captain Cuts coming together on So Close, which features Georgia Ku. So Close is NOTD's best song yet in my opinion. Even though it is quite repetitive, the three producers on this track do an excellent job keeping it lively and Georgia Ku delivers pretty good vocals.

~ Next up this week we have Fletcher with Undrunk. It is definitely a good song. Her voice is nice, and the beat here is unique. Additionally, I enjoy the lyrical content of this song, and I think that is very different from traditional breakup tracks. I would hope to see this song be successful in the future.

~ Lastly, we have Hits 1 picking up on Ariana Grande's most recent, and best, if you ask me, single off of her most recent album (aside from Imagine--if that was even a single?). Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored joins Hit-Bound this week. At first, going into this song, I had expected it to be kind of offbeat compared to the other songs off of the album--but it is really catchy. Of course, it nowhere meets her vocal capability, but the beat is fun and the lyrical content is kind of silly. Nevertheless, it is just a song that I can have fun with, which is what I think she was going with on 7 Rings--but fell short of for me.

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Kelsy Karter - Harry
2. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
3. Ally Brooke - Low Key
4. Austin Brown - In Betweenin'
5. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
2. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
4. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku - So Close
5. P!nk - Walk Me Home


Blurber

~ We see a continuity of Hey Look Ma, I Made It atop the countdown. This is nice. I am just glad that none of the other songs that are currently in the top 5 have taken its spot. Now it is just a matter of getting Sucker up there.

~ Ariana Grande - 7 Rings rises into the top 5 this week. At this point, the song is getting a little annoying, and I feel as if it is unnecessary for it to go any further. 

~ I am glad to see the couple of songs that we have entering the top 20 this week, especially I'm So Tired.... I am glad that this song is doing well here already. Additionally, we get Miss Me More, which also makes for a nice replacement for one of the two bad songs that exited the top 20 this week.

~ Songs like I've Been Waiting and 365 aren't really doing much here, which is kind of a shame. They are doing well right now, especially the former more recently. 365 has kind of not taken off, which is kind of sad considering that it is a good song from Zedd--which we haven't heard from him in well over a year.

~ Wow. "Wow." didn't do so good in its second week. I wouldn't be surprised if this one were to exit in the coming weeks.

~ Sexual Vibe looks to be near the end of its countdown life. The track really didn't do all that well here, which doesn't surprise me. However, I still wish it were able to maintain its position in the top 20 for a little while.

~ Seeb & Bastille - Grip makes a significant drop this week, which I am okay with. It really isn't all that great of a song, and it is pretty much trying to be Happier 2.0--but it fails. I would like to hear Bastille on their own again, not on these EDM tracks.

~ As for the sole exit this week, Sicko Mode deserved a bit more in my opinion. But, it is not a traditional song that Hits 1 would pick up, so I knew that it was doomed from the start. However, I give Travis Scott credit for not making something completely awful, which is what we normally hear from today's rap artists.

~ Personal Chart (3/16/2019): http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/hot-45-chart-96


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
18. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine 

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
17. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
16. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower 

4-Good
15. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
14. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
13. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
12. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
11. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
10. Halsey - Without Me
9. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings 

5-Great
8. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
7. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
6. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More
5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
4. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
3. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
2. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker

Score: 76% (C)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
2. Dan + Shay - Speechless
3. Anne-Marie - 2002
4. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
5. George Ezra - Shotgun

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
2. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
3. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
4. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
5. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over


Thanks for reading! Have a great week!

~ Jack :) 
   













1 comment:

  1. First.

    Yes I said it first.


    And yeah this song The Way I Am needs to leave already. I hate it so much.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...