Sunday, April 7, 2019

Jonas Brothers (2) - Week Of April 6, 2019













Hello everyone! Welcome back! I hope that you all had a fantastic week. Overall, we had a decent week for the countdown. There were some much needed jumps and drops this week, and we still have the same #1, which is good. Anyways, before we get to this week's fresh 45, here are the songs that we are saying goodbye to this week.
  • Zedd & Katy Perry - 365 (#31)
  • Kelsy Karter - Harry (#39)
  • Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#43)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker

The Countdown
45. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#44)
44. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#45)
43. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#42)
42. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#41) [1 Week At #1]
41. Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell (#37)
40. LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius (#38)
39. Meghan Trainor - All The Ways (#23)
38. Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me (#32)
37. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#35)
36. Post Malone - Wow. (#36)
35. Maren Morris - Girl (#27)
34. Lizzo - Juice (DEBUT)
33. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#28) [5 Weeks At #1]
32. Ally Brooke - Low Key (DEBUT)
31. Grandson - Apologize (#30)
30. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (DEBUT)
29. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#22)
28. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#29)
27. YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#25)
26. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#33)
25. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#20)
24. Khalid - Better (#26)
23. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#34)
22. Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (#40)
21. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#24)
20. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#19)
19. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#18)
18. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#15)
17. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#16)
16. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#21)
15. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#7)
14. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#17)
13. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#4) [8 Weeks At #1]
12. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#14)
11. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#8)
10. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#11) [2 Weeks At #1]
9. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#10)
8. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#9)
7. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#13) [7 Weeks At #1]
6. Halsey - Without Me (#6) [5 Weeks At #1]
5. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2) [3 Weeks At #1]
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#12)
3. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#5)
2. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [2nd Week At #1] 

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Meghan Trainor - All The Ways (-16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (+18)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Avril Lavigne - Birdie


New Entrants

~ First up this week we have Lizzo with Juice. I was not expecting this song to debut on the countdown so swiftly. If anything, I was expecting to see Ciara - Thinking Bout You debut seeing how Hits 1 did a big premiere for it last week. Anyways, Juice isn't that bad. I don't love it, but it certainly isn't awful. It has a fun vibe, but I can't really take the lyrics seriously (they are kind of funny, actually). But, her voice isn't awful. So, I don't exactly hate this song. It is just one of those songs that is "there".

~ Second up this week, we have a song that I was hoping wouldn't enter the countdown. That song is Low Key from former Fifth Harmony member, Ally Brooke. Every single piece of this song is utter trash. She is probably the worst of the girls. Camila and Normani have wowed me, the rest of them--not so much. This track has shitty production, grating vocal content, and idiotic lyrics. I am thankful that Hits 1 did not air the Tyga version of this song, because that would have made it worse. Either way, there is no saving this song. It's just that bad. Ally Brooke is trying too hard to be impressionable.

~ With our final (and best) debut of the week, we have Bebe Rexha with Last Hurrah. I do like this song. Almost everything that Bebe Rexha has put out to date has been pretty good, and this is no exception. Last Hurrah has a nice production and good vocals. It sounds kind of similar to I'm A Mess, but I am okay with it. I liked that song a lot. So, yeah. I am hoping that this one is going to do well here.

Entrant Rankings:
  1. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
  2. Lizzo - Juice
  3. Ally Brooke - Low Key

Hit-Bound 
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Jordan McGraw - Flexible (DEBUT)
  • Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
  • Ciara - Thinking Bout You
  • Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool (DEBUT)
  • MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (DEBUT)
  • Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Fletcher - Undrunk
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
  • NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku - So Close
~ New to Hit-Bound this week, we have the son of Dr. Phil, Jordan McGraw, with Flexible. This song is good. It has nice vocals and and interesting beat. It is something worth a few listens here and there, but definitely not the best thing ever. It could be a grower, but for now it is alright.

~ Next up is the Jonas Brothers with Cool. This song is pretty good. It doesn't top Sucker in my book, but it is still enjoyable. The vocals have nothing wrong with them, and the production is good. Overall, pretty good. More on this if it debuts, which I am not doubting it will. It does sound similar to something that I have heard before, but I might have to get back to you on that.

~ Finally, we have, in what is my opinion, the best debut of the week, Love Me Less from MAX and Quinn XCII. I was a fan of Quinn XCII's song Flare Guns with Chelsea Cutler a few years back, so I am glad to see that he is getting a bit of attention, being on a song with MAX. Love Me Less is super catchy and both of them deliver superb vocals. I am hoping that this gains some traction, because it could definitely be a fun summer song.

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
2. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend
3. Fletcher - Undrunk
4. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
5. Jonas Brothers - Cool


Blurb Hurrah

~ In a rather crappy top 10, and top 10 this week, we have the three diamonds in the rough shining above it all. It is nice to see the continuation of Sucker at #1, and the little jumps from Sweet But Psycho and Who Do You Love.

~ Although I am glad that High Hopes has finally left the top 10, I did not mean that was the signal to bump back in Let Me Down Slowly all the way to #4, or This Feeling for that matter.

~ Speaking on behalf of second week jumps, I thought it was pretty horrible that Austin Brown - In Betweenin' had that skyrocket jump to #22. But, it will probably drop next week, seeing as it doesn't really belong here. However, it was nice to see that fairly-sized jump from P!nk - Walk Me Home.

~ It is kind of sad to see that 11 Minutes is failing. I was hoping to see that song have a little bit of success, but I am not so sure about that at this point.

~ I literally only find one song good in the entire lower third of the countdown. One. That song is 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood. This just shows how much trash and space-filling content is being held onto here--and it has to go.

~ I am very pleased to see that jump from Meghan Trainor - All The Ways did not last long. Now all we have to do is get this song off of the countdown.

~ I do not understand why Hits 1 is still hanging onto The Way I Am. This song is unbelievably irrelevant. What is so good about it that it has to stay floating in the bottom 5 for months? Nothing, if you ask me. Let's just get this gone, and the entire bottom 5 for a matter of fact. 

~ As for our exits, 365 will be missed, but it was frankly going nowhere and I am very glad that Harry did not last long here. Additionally, it is refreshing to see Girls Like You finally go. I was getting kind of sick of it.

Personal Chart (4/6/2019): http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/hot-45-chart-99


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
18. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
17. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
16. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
15. Dean Lewis - Be Alright 

4-Good
14. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
13. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
12. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
11. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
10. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
9. Halsey - Without Me
8. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
7. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine 

5-Great
6. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
5. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
3. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love

Score: 75% (C


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
2. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
3. Dan + Shay - Speechless
4. Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
5. Anne-Marie - 2002

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
3. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
4. YUNGBLUD & Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
5. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

~ Jack :)      
 
  

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Jack. This is Gelography from who knows how long back, you might remember me? If so please consider checking out my new blog (weeklyweekendcountdownreview.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Gelography and Pyoris are separate people???

      Delete
  2. Jack I have to tell you this.

    #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Greyson Chance - shut up

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...