Saturday, January 28, 2017

Twenty One Pilots (2) - Week Of January 28, 2017


twentyonepilots-promo5-jabarijacobs4.jpg (946×532)
Well, this week was definitely interesting. From the guest hosts of Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson to a jump from a song into the top 10 that we never expected in a million years to be there, as well as a #1 song from Twenty One Pilots that hasn't been there in four months. All in all, it was a strange week, now that we've addressed that, we are saying goodbye to no songs this week, so let's get right to it.

Last Week's #1 Song: Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Adele - Hello

The Countdown
45. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#43)
44. Fifth Harmony/Camila Cabello - That's My Girl (#44)
43. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#45)
42. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (#42)
41. DNCE - Body Moves (#41)
40. Ariana Grande - Into You (#28)
39. OneRepublic - Kids (#29)
38. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Cold Water (#40)
37. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#39)
36. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#34)
35. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#37)
34. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#32)
33. Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#36)
32. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#31)
31. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#38)
30. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#35)
29. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#24)
28. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#33)
27. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#30)
26. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#25)
25. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#19)
24. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (#26)
23. Train - Play That Song (#27)
22. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#21)
21. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#23)
20. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#8)
19. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#14)
18. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#20)
17. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#12)
16. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#11)
15. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#16)
14. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#15)
13. John Legend - Love Me Now (#18)
12. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#9)
11. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#10)
10. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#13)
9. Runaground - Chase You Down (#22)
8. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#2)
7. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#17)
6. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#7)
5. Niall Horan - This Town (#6)
4. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#3)
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#1)
2. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#5)
1. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#4)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better and Ariana Grande - Into You (-12)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Runaground - Chase You Down (+13)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Zara Larsson/Ty Dolla $ign - So Good

#1 Recommendation For You: AJR - Weak

HitBound

  • Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (DEBUT)
  • Snakehips/MØ- Don't Leave
  • Little Mix - Shout Out To My Ex
  • Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
  • The Chainsmokers - Paris
  • Julia Michaels - Issues
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain
  • Bebe Rexha - I Got You
  • Hey Violet - Guys My Age
  • Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
  • Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Daya - Words
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. The Chainsmokers - Paris
2. Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
3. Julia Michaels - Issues
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
5. Rihanna - Love On The Brain

Castle On The Blurbs

~ I don't understand the jump of Twenty One Pilots - Heathens to the top again, the last time being in October. I really don't mind that much, but I would have preferred much more that Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest at #1.

~ I really do enjoy that Shawn Mendes - Mercy has jumped into the top 10 this week. I also don't find this surprising at all. Now that we're on the topic of top 10 entries, I don't understand how in the world Runaground - Chase You Down made it this high. I never would've thought this, but I'm not complaining. The final entrant from Adele - Water Under The Bridge is of course also a good thing.


~ I really hope that Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever doesn't just give up peaking at #12. I really hope this song can earn a top 10 entry. Mentioning this song, a very good music video was released with this song just a couple of days ago, and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it already.

~ I am enjoying that X Ambassadors - Unsteady failed to get into the top 20 this week. It soothes me.

~ Oh. So I guess this is the end of Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side. Well, it was very nice knowing you. 

~ I really had expected Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill to jump higher this week. On note of what else I expected, Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On would jump into the top 20, due to them hosting this week.

~ Well, James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go made a refreshing mini-comeback.

~ The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming didn't make the jump I wanted it to. Hopefully it'll get there next week.

~ I guess we didn't say goodbye to Lukas Graham - You're Not There. I still see as if it's on the losing end. I honestly don't care though, this song is very similar in respects to Lukas Graham - 7 Years, which was also just meh.

~ I would love if Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Cold Water would be replaced by Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave, as I have been enjoying that song thoroughly. I would love to see that song debut next week when we are going into the new month of February.

~ Yes. You saw it right. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight has earned the not-so-green title of being the worst song on the countdown. I just want this song to leave before I hate it even more than I already do.

~ Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes should leave next week, just to clear some clutter out of here.

~ The Hot 45 Chart is going quicker on track so far this week. If you're looking for last week's chart, I posted it last night. I hope to get the chart out tomorrow, or even later tonight. Then I will have time to get out the posts I am behind on.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
19. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

2-Mediocre
18. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
17. Niall Horan - This Town
16. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
15. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

5-Great
14. Runaground - Chase You Down
13. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
12. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
11. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
10. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
9. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
8. John Legend - Love Me Now
7. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
6. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
5. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
4. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
2. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Score: 86% (B)

Bottom 5 Songs This Week
1. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
2. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
3. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
4. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
5. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

Top 5 Songs Of The Week
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
2. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
3. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
4. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)

9 comments:

  1. Interesting how Greelight is in orange instead of *cough* Unsteady *cough*.

    Also, could you possibly do a review on my top 10 worst songs of 2016?

    http://siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-top-10-worst-songs-of-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Shawn Mendes - Lights On

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...