Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hailee Steinfeld & Grey (4) - Week Of January 21, 2017

Cnb3sYoWgAAdHPP.jpg (1200×800)
Well, after just over two years, we've done it! This blog has officially made its way onto having 100,000 pageviews. I would love suggestions in the comments for what you want me to do for the special. No idea will be overlooked, so just tell me what you think it should be. In the end, I will pick the idea that will probably be of best fit, as its a pretty big milestone. Anyways, thank you all for letting this blog reach this height. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45, here's the two songs we're saying goodbye to:
  • Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#29)
  • Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#40)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: One Direction - Perfect
Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know

The Chart
45. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#41)
44. Fifth Harmony/Camila Cabello - That's My Girl (#42)
43. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#45)
42. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (#44)
41. DNCE - Body Moves (#43)
40. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Cold Water (#36)
39. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#30)
38. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (DEBUT)
37. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#39)
36. Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#31)
35. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#28)
34. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#38)
33. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (DEBUT)
32. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#33)
31. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#35)
30. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#25)
29. OneRepublic - Kids (#24)
28. Ariana Grande - Into You (#23)
27. Train - Play That Song (#22)
26. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (#18)
25. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#25)
24. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#27)
23. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#17)
22. Runaground - Chase You Down (#21)
21. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#15)
20. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#37)
19. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#12)
18. John Legend - Love Me Now (#19)
17. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#20)
16. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#34)
15. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#32)
14. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#6)
13. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#11)
12. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#16)
11. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#13)
10. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#14)
9. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#7)
8. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#9)
7. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#10)
6. Niall Horan - This Town (#5)
5. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#8)
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#3)
3. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#4)
2. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#1)
1. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lukas Graham - You're Not There (-9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (+18)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Halsey - Not Afraid Anymore

#1 Recommendation For You: Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave

New Entrants

~ First out of the two great debuts this week, we have The Weeknd and Daft Punk returning with another collaboration with I Feel It Coming. I haven't been able to determine if I think this song is better than Starboy yet, but there is a very good chance it is. I really enjoy the blend of The Weeknd and Daft Punk's styles, as it makes for yet another catchy song like an electropop adventure. It's really quite cool. I hope this song doesn't get overlooked here. I would love to see this as a top 10 hit on this station.

~ Our next great debut this week comes from Ed Sheeran again. Castle On The Hill doesn't quite top Shape Of You, so I would like to see Shape Of You as the higher of the two on this countdown. This song is definitely catchy, but I feel as if it's missing a piece that would make it catchier than Shape Of You. All in all, I would like to see this song do well here as it is definitely at the top of some of my playlists right now.

Best Debut Of The Week: The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming

HitBound

  • Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
  • Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (DEBUT)
  • Daya - Words
  • Hey Violet - Guys My Age
  • The Chainsmokers - Paris
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave (DEBUT)
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain
  • Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
  • Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
  • Julia Michaels - Issues
  • Bebe Rexha - I Got You (DEBUT)
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. The Chainsmokers - Paris
2. Julia Michaels - Issues
3. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
5. Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To

I Feel It Blurbing

~ I still like Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving, so I honestly don't care that it is #1 again. It can stay there for another month for all I care.

~ I am very happy seeing that Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest has made an entry into the top 5, I would love to see a top 3 entry from this song if that's possible, maybe even a #1.

~ I really do not understand the need to keep voting for Treat You Better when his better song is getting held back because of this. I really would love to see the two trade spots, as Treat You Better currently holds the title of the worst song in the top 20.

~ It's nice to see that Zayn & Taylor Swift are inching closer to the top 10 with I Don't Wanna Live Forever. I would love to see this song in the top 10 next week.

~ It's clear to see that Adele - Water Under The Bridge is the one Adele song that Hits 1 isn't favoring as much as the others. I would've thought this would be in the top 3 by now and #1 in the coming weeks.

~ I am enjoying the drop from Bruno Mars - 24K Magic, as it is on the verge of becoming a turquoise song possibly next week. I would just love to see this song let up a little.

~ I am liking the quick jumps from Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You and Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things, especially since they are two of the best songs here at the moment.

~ I would think the drop from Side To Side would have something to do with something that happened this week, but who knows?

~ Yes! We got X Ambassadors - Unsteady out of the top 20! Now let's get it out of the countdown altogether.

~ I would also think that the drop from Into You would have something to do with something that happened this week, but who knows?

~ I am very happy seeing that OneRepublic - Kids has let up a little, as it is very close to becoming a song colored in red.

~ I don't understand the drops from James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go and Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love. Two good songs about to leave is not a good sign.

~ Well, it was nice knowing you Lukas Graham - You're Not There, send me a postcard from the island of forgotten songs.

~ Well, its nothing good considering we have three good songs in the bottom 5. Here's to hoping DNCE - Body Moves, Fifth Harmony/Camila Cabello - That's My Girl, and Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U stay a while longer.

~ The Hot 45 Chart and its year-end chart will be out as soon as I can get them here. The 2016 Awards will also be out as soon as I can get them out as well. I have a gigantic project due in the coming weeks, and I am expected to get it done, as I am an AP student. I will try my best and please bear with me.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
20. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
19. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
17. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor

4-Good
16. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
15. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
14. Niall Horan - This Town

5-Great
13. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
12. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
11. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
10. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
9. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
8. John Legend - Love Me Now
7. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
6. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
5. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
4. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
2. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Score: 82% (B-)

Bottom 5 Songs Of The Week
1. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
2. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
3. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
4. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
5. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

Top 5 Songs Of The Week
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
2. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
4. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
5. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)



21 comments:

  1. #1 Recommendation for Jack: James Arthur - Can I Be Him

    ReplyDelete
  2. So In My Mind is the 14th HitBound song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone - City of Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. We're gonna wrap it up, the neighbors are complaining.

      Delete
    2. 'Cause after the afterparty, we're gonna stay 'til mornin'

      Delete
    3. I couldnt post on my blog because I was busy so Ill do 2 posts to try my best

      Delete
  5. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Britney Spears - What You Need

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...