Friday, January 6, 2017

A Year-End Special: My Top 45 Songs Of 2016

As we all know, 2016 has been a let down year for music in some aspects. There definitely wasn't a huge selection of music that I had to choose from for this list, as there was about a hundred songs last year. There was definitely a slimmer choice, with a little bit less. I'm not saying this was an awful year, because it certainly wasn't, it just wasn't the best year. The following post will consist of My Top 45 Songs Of 2016 here on Hits 1. So, before I begin, I will list the eligibility rules for this list.

1) Only songs that have debuted on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown in the past year are eligible. Songs that were on HitBound, The YouTube 15, and Hits & Misses, but were never on the countdown, are not eligible for this list.

2) Songs that were ranked in previous years are not eligible to be on this year's list. This is to prevent unfairly favoring a song for two years. I really wish I hadn't ranked Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods in 2014, when it was a one week song because I would have ranked it this year. That's pretty much all I can think of based on previous year's lists.

3) The final rule is that songs that have debuted past December 10, 2016 are not eligible for this list. The last songs that barely made the cutoff date and are eligible for the list are the following.
  • Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
  • James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
  • John Legend - Love Me Now
  • Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
The reason as to why I make a cutoff date is so we don't rank songs when they haven't reached their full potential yet. We also don't want to prematurely rank them, as we wouldn't be able to rank them the following year. The songs listed below have debuted too late to be on this list.
  • Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
  • Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Now that all of the rules have been taken care of, here are the honorable mentions for the Top 45 Songs Of 2016.
  • Adele - Water Under The Bridge
  • Adele - When We Were Young
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
  • Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
  • Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
  • Coldplay - Adventure Of A Lifetime
  • Conrad Sewell - Hold Me Up
  • Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
  • Demi Lovato - Body Say
  • Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
  • Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You
  • Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
  • Gwen Stefani - Used To Love You
  • Grace - You Don't Own Me
  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
  • John Legend - Love Me Now
  • Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
  • Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
  • Katy Perry - Rise
  • Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love
  • Meghan Trainor - Me Too
  • Nelly/Jeremih - The Fix
  • Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close
  • OneRepublic - Kids
  • Rihanna/Drake - Work
  • Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself
  • Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
  • The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
  • The Vamps - Wake Up
  • The Weeknd - In The Night
  • Tori Kelly - Hollow
  • Tove Lo - Moments
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
A few of these songs I am not considering rating due to prematurely ranking them due to their levels of successes thus far.

Before we get into the heart of the post, let's review my top 5 songs from last year (which may seem ridiculous to you).


5. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
4. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams
3. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
2. Taylor Swift - Blank Space

1. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd - Love Me Harder

That may look like the dumbest top 5 in the history of Year-End top 5's, but this year there will definitely be more variety. If you go back and read my reviews on this list last year, it looks rushed, so I don't recommend you go back and read my old work, because it looks rather idiotic compared to what I do now.

Anyways, now that we have established all of that and that you are probably sick of hearing me go on tangents, we have now reached the part of the post that will countdown My Top 45 Songs Of 2016. Before we begin, I don't want to see anyone picking arguments with me in the comments over my picks. This is my opinion. Not yours. Now, onto the list.

45. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
Mike-Posner_ITAPII_Remix.jpg (1500×1500)

I'm sure you all are pretty surprised that this is actually here. Yes, it is. The only problem I truly have with this song was that it was just too good for everyone that it got overplayed. I really enjoyed this comeback from Mike Posner after 2010's Cooler Than Me. This really brought his name back into the world of popular music. I can say that I never truly liked the original version of this song, just because it felt too slow for the lyrical content. SeeB made the song into a work of more sense, as an electronic pop sound is very interesting to convey they lyrical content through this song, but I really like it. Hopefully this song can leave the countdown soon, so I can enjoy it on the level I did before.


44. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
Major_Lazer_-_Cold_Water.png (300×300)

I could've placed this song higher on this list, but it just didn't reach the level I was expecting it to. I mean, sure I liked it, that's obviously why its here, but it was never anything super special to me. The drop wasn't as interesting as I had expected it to be and I'm glad Major Lazer has strayed away from his "bad song" reputation *cough* Bubble Butt *cough*. Justin Bieber contributes well to this song. MØ, however is okay, but she has a small part. The ending build-up is very well done, which is part of the reason it just barely made this list.


43. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
HymnfortheWeekend28SeeBRemix29-Single-2.jpg (1400×1400)

I really would have preferred that Hits 1 picked up on the original version of this song, rather than the SeeB remix. Hey, SeeB, you can't save everything. The reason as to why this is lower than what it would have been is that this is the version that Hits 1 picked up on was the remix, and the original was never on the countdown, so I have to grade this version. I really am sick of the remix now, as the new electronic vibe to it isn't fitting to the song at all, but I still liked it at some point. I like the original better as it conveys the beautiful sounds of singing birds and breezes in the trees before it fully goes into the song. The presence of Coldplay and the beautiful singing from Beyoncé, is just a vocal masterpiece. So, that my friends is exactly why this song was restrained.


42. Justin Bieber - Sorry
Justin_Bieber_-_Sorry_(Official_Single_Cover).png (300×300)

This song has always been something that I could see the message from right away. It's clear that this song was definitely Justin Bieber's apology to America from making headlines about shaky break-ups and his run-in with the law. It's definitely something that I'm glad Justin had the courage to do. He was really at a low point a few years ago and the perfect way to apologize is through song. I'm sure he had expected his comeback to be popular, so no problem there. All in all, this song is something very catchy and the lyrical base is something based on life experiences, which is something very interesting, especially nowadays.


41. Ellie Goulding - On My Mind
Ellie_Goulding_-_On_My_Mind.png (300×300)

This song is really something alright. I love how Ellie is never afraid to do what's on her mind. Funny? No. Okay, yeah, I get it. Anyways, there was speculation that this song was about none other than Ed Sheeran. I can definitely see as to how this could be about him. The lyrics are matching, and hey, why wouldn't she write a song about him, he fired the shots first with Don't.


40. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go
wherever-i-go.jpg (1000×1000)

This song was something very interesting from start to end. Of course, at first listen, it was clear this song would never top the marvelous whirl Apologize was, but it definitely was enjoyable. It was just something like BOOM! and then it was there. I wasn't expecting this song to be released at the time it was at all. Then I realized it was a single off of a new album. Wherever I Go is certainly something I would recommend, as it showcases an interesting sound of OneRepublic. This was definitely something that the band had to experiment with and they truly nailed it.


39. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible
FallOutBoyIrresistable.jpg (300×300)

This was definitely a song that I found myself jamming out to from time to time. I can surely say that Demi Lovato was a smart choice to be featured in the reissue of this song. The original version just had something missing from it, and sure enough Demi filled in all of the gaps with that powerhouse voice she has.


38. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Starboysingle.jpg (300×300)

I really may regret this being low, but it just had to make this list somewhere. It may be prematurely ranked at the moment, but this song was definitely something that allowed The Weeknd reach a new height in his music. Sure, it may not top The Hills, but it made great feats elsewhere. I mean, it sure was a risk for The Weeknd to recruit Daft Punk with this song, but all in all it turned out as a fabulous creation of electropop vibes that truly calls for a good song.


37. Demi Lovato - Confident
Demi_Lovato_-_Confident_(Official_Single_Cover).png (300×300)

This was definitely one heck of a song. I mean, Demi just has the best ideas for music. This is something that just conveyed a great message to be confident with yourself and not care about what others believe you are. Confident is a whirlwind of powerhouse vocals and fight worthy lyrics, and I certainly recommend you listen to it if you haven't already.


36. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
shawn-mendes-i-know-what-you-did-last-summer.jpg (620×616)

I was anticipating this very much before it came out and I have to say it was something very intriguing. I had never really begun to imagine these two breakout teens working together on a song and it actually working out, but man, did this one surprise me. The base of the song is rather interesting and experimental lyrically. The real thing with this song is just the great combination of vocals between Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello. I mean, if these two were an official duo, I would definitely not mind that at all.



35. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
TOP_Stressed_Out.jpg (300×300)

I feel as if many of people in this blogging community are placing this song on their year-end lists of bottom 5 songs. I just absolutely can relate to this song. I'm really not looking forward to growing up. This song really opened up my eyes and I really thank it for that. I really don't enjoy wasting my days. I'm glad I'm only fourteen and three quarters years old and still have a long life ahead of me. This song is to show the sorrows of growing older. While I'm still a kid, I am going to make the most out of my days, and when I am an adult, I will truly still have that kid spirit in me. Thank you, Twenty One Pilots, for putting this song out there. Not only is it great message-wise, I love what you have done with it vocally, a bundle of pop and rap infused adult sorrows.


34. Rachel Platten - Stand By You
Rachel_Platten_-_Stand_by_You.png (300×300)

If you have ever heard this song you would understand the beautiful meaning and the true blood, sweat, and tears poured into this true magnificent piece of work. This song did the job it deserved on the countdown this year. Rachel Platten really showcases her vocals and this has a true, nice meaning, a definite song worth your time, but there was just more music that stood out this year, it had to be this low.




33. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness
Kill_Em_With_Kindness_(Official_Single_Cover)_by_Selena_Gomez.png (300×300)

This song didn't do too well here on Hits 1, but it managed to captivate my attention. I just appreciate the meaning behind that song. We truly need songs like this one because it reminds us that it is important to be kind to one another and to defeat the ones that aren't, truly spreading the message to them that it is something wonderful to be kind in this world. Thank you, Selena Gomez, for this song.



32. DNCE - Body Moves
CtDk47YUIAAoZmv.jpg (768×768)

This is something so catchy. I mean this song is just filled with sex intentions, and I believe DNCE made a nice choice with this song. This is something I find myself dancing to every once in awhile. I really would have hoped that this song had done better on the countdown, but whatever. If you would like to get a general understanding of this piece of music, go check out the music video.


31. Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex) [w/Camila Cabello]
220px-FifthFettyAIMH.jpg (220×220)

One piece of interesting stuff right here. Fifth Harmony was seemingly obsessed with releasing sex songs this year, but hey, their vocals are just so fun, who even cares. Its just starting to hit me now how sad I am that Camila Cabello is out of this band. They really had it all this year, but Camila just didn't want to stay for another album. Taking a road to a solo career can be risky, as if she had stayed with the girls, she could've still been rater successful as she had been. Starting all over can just be a pain and that is something that the girls have struggled with in the past, getting people to notice them and their music. All I can say is that I wish her well. All In My Head (Flex) is just something you'll be aiming to listen to at a summer get together or just by yourself and feeling good.


30. G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I
MeMyself&I.png (600×600)

I really have come to appreciate this song for what it is. I am glad this song made it big worldwide, because it is just a blast of everything that you want in a song. I mean, you have a pop and rap collaboration with a great beat for compliment and lyrical content that the whole of America can relate to. Me, Myself, & I will have you telling yourself over and over that you are the only person that you need to get you through your life when no one is there for you.


29. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
DNCE_-_Cake_by_the_Ocean.png (300×300)

This truly may be the song of 2016 that shadows its meaning of sex very secretively. The analogies are very overwhelming and you understand the song right away. The song seemed strange to me at first, but then I was like, hey, this is pretty darn catchy. So, even though I may think its okay right now, I am on the track to liking the crazy song Cake By The Ocean again.



28. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart
Jbh.jpg (480×480)

This is by far 5 Seconds Of Summer's best song. Jet Black Heart obviously had plenty of work put into it, as you can see the lyrics are a full bloom of genius. The vocals aren't at their peak, but the words are easily one of the best sets written this past year. Fan or not, 5 Seconds Of Summer will have you raising eyebrows over this song.


27. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
Scars_To_Your_Beautiful_(Official_Single_Cover)_by_Alessia_Cara.png (300×300)

We all know the beauty and power of this song. Alessia Cara truly hit a home run with this one, as it showcases that you are not alone in the world, you are "beautiful just the way you are". That is something we all need to realize. No matter if we're different from everyone else, that is what makes us perfect. Alessia Cara truly should be recognized with something for this song, as it is definitely something special. Listening to Scars To Your Beautiful, you'll realize why it is great to be you and there is no room for changing the you you are just to please someone.


26. Kiiara - Gold
05ba96cb46d98118bb3ca5e315b5729f.1000x1000x1.png (1000×1000)

I just can't see all the hate for this song. I mean it's just so good. That mix of fast vocals throughout the song really grabbed my attention at first and still to this day just mesmerizes me for some reason. In case you would like to know what she says in that fast mix of vocals, she says "roof is falling let me love me falling I just know". Kiiara seriously made it big with this song, considering it being her first single. I really am looking forward to what this girl has to put out in the future.



25. Halsey - New Americana
Halsey_-_New_Americana_(Single_Cover).jpg (300×300)

This song is probably nothing any of you like, but if you actually listen to this you'll understand the pop brilliance New Americana is. If you just associate Halsey with "being that girl featured on Closer whose name I don't remember" you are sorely mistaken. Halsey has some great pop music if you actually give a chance with her. I personally believe a song like this has a good tune and the vocals are just something that match it just right. Halsey has a vaguely mysterious voice that just somehow interests me tune after tune, more and more. I highly recommend you listen to Badlands, her debut album, a sea of underrated pop just waiting to be noticed. With geniuses like Castle and Ghost and the almighty wonderful burst that Colors is, the album and New Americana won't seem so dull anymore.


24. Shawn Hook - Sound Of Your Heart
220px-Shawn_Hook_-_Sound_of_Your_Heart_(2016).jpg (220×220)


This is just one of those songs that I just can't explain why I like that much. Sound Of Your Heart is just a song, but there's something about it that just makes me like it more and more after each listen, and I can't put my finger on it.


23. Alessia Cara - Wild Things
Alessia-Cara-Wild-Things-2016.jpg (1080×1080)

This is Alessia Cara's second song on this list. Wild Things is an imaginative mess of embracing the misadventures of life when you are young. Wild Things will truly have your spirits lifted no matter if you're fifteen or fifty. I truly love Wild Things as it is a large wild, imaginative mess that works perfectly. Every time I listen to this song, it gets me into some sort of spirit that I have never experienced before.


22. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
DJ-Snake-Let-Me-Love-You-2016-1.jpg (1000×1000)

I really appreciate the level of work put into this song. DJ Snake definitely surprises me more and more with his EDM skills each time he releases a song. Justin Bieber definitely did twice as good on this song compared to his other EDM work, Cold Water. I can say that these two work in perfect harmony and I wouldn't mind seeing another song like this from Justin.


21. Jordan Fisher - All About Us
f8e2358de863810189a672868d151e98.720x720x1.jpg (720×720)

I really had high hopes for this song on Hits 1. Unfortunately, this song didn't last too long. Jordan Fisher had some decent success with All About Us around the world, so that's good. This song just has that essence of being alive. Jordan Fisher has quite the set of pipes. I really am excited to see what's next from this guy.


20. Zara Larsson & MNEK - Never Forget You
092e01d2.jpg (1000×1000)

Well, this song is just really something special. I can just say that this is just a great single by Zara Larsson. Her vocals mix great with MNEK's and Never Forget You just has that lyrical base that makes the vocals shine more than they already do. This is definitely a song that I will never forget. Funny? No. Okay, moving on.


19. Troye Sivan - Youth
Troye_Sivan_-_Youth_(single_art).png (300×300)

I really just like the fabulous whirlwind this song leads you into. Youth is definitely a true spiral into a magnificent world of lovely feeling of being young. Troye Sivan truly hit a home run with this one, and I send it the most praise I can. This is what made it this deserving to be as high as it is this year.


18. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
09d4020c.jpg (1000×1000)


17. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
978a751aae9b75bfabc8aed93f88e440.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000×1000)

Even if this is lower than Cheap Thrills on this list (spoiler alert), I am still not quite sure if I enjoy this more than Cheap Thrills or not. The Greatest is certainly something interesting. Kendrick Lamar has that one verse, but it just ties all of the vocals and lyrics together. Sia has great vocals like usual, so no problem there, and the lyrical base is just something great, as I had expected it to be.


16. Zayn - Pillowtalk
Zayn_Malik_-_Pillowtalk_(Official_Single_Cover).png (300×300)

This was Zayn's first solo venture, and I am very pleased with the way Pillowtalk turned out. Although its been out for almost a year, this song still has me jamming along with it. I just solely enjoy this song, I'm not sure about the other opinions in this blogging community, but this is definitely a song that is worth my time.


15. Disclosure/Lorde - Magnets
Magnets_single_cover.jpg (316×315)

Definitely one of the the strangest, but strange in a cool way, song of this past year. I never had really thought of Lorde on an electronic-pop sounding track, but this was definitely something interesting. Magnets just has this cool sound. The reason I believe it got this title was just those cool sounds that sounded like magnets in the background. Strange, I know, but this song always had me going "oh, oh let's embrace the point of no return".



14. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
rs_600x600-150910043757-600.Selena-Gomez-Same-Old-Love-JR-91015.jpg (600×600)

Yes. I like this song. Yes. I realize that most of you don't. Well, I just don't know why I like this song. Same Old Love is definitely something good, as it is #14 on this list, but I can't explain why. I just honestly can't find a legitimate answer. So, I guess you can call this song a guilty pleasure of mine, since most of you despise it.


13. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
2d2da75168b8b3ae2b549b32157a568e.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000×1000)

Some of you are probably wondering how in the world this song was catapulted so high up to #13. All I can say is this song really had the ability over the past couple of months to impress me. I really am glad I came across this song as it is very interesting and something I wouldn't mind hearing more of. Jon Bellion was clearly very experimental with this song and it really worked out in his favor. All Time Low is definitely something I'll have on repeat, until that repeated line of "low" takes over my brain.


12. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses
2d5fc41144c1ff554dcfb412a95a558e.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000×1000)

This song is just an explosion of beautiful color. The vocals from Rozes are really nice and I enjoy the electronic work from The Chainsmokers. This song just fits together in all aspects and that is what launched it this high.


11. Ellie Goulding - Something In The Way You Move
Ellie_Goulding_-_Something_In_the_Way_You_Move_(Single).png (300×300)

This song is really something I can just get down to once in a while. It's just so energetic and it has the slightest of flaws. Ellie Goulding never fails to impress me. This song may not have been the success it was destined to be, but Something In The Way You Move will be something I will never forget.


Now, it's time we get into this year's top 10!


10. Gnash/Olvia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
I_hate_u,_i_love_u.jpg (800×800)

This is one heck of a song. I can just feel the emotion and long process put into this song. Even though this song did very suckish on the countdown, I believe that was just the work of Hits 1. This song was rightly deserving of its success elsewhere. I had never even heard of Gnash or Olivia O'Brien since the release of this song, and I can confidently say that this was a well done breakout song for two very talented artists. The lyrical content in this may be one of the best in this past year and I just really want to enjoy this more and more.


9. P!nk - Just Like Fire
PinkJustLikeFireOfficialCover.jpg (650×650)

Although I did manage to get sick of this song at some point, it was definitely one of my jams at some point as well. This song was just another unexpected release of the year. I had never really thought of P!nk releasing a song for a movie, but man did this song turn out great. The mythical and magical base for the song perfectly fits P!nk's vocals. This was definitely something I liked for months, but it eventually got old, but thankfully redeemed itself after it left the countdown and the overplay stopped.


8. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
Sia_Cheap_Thrills.png (300×300)

This song is something that I believe everyone in the blogging community brought themselves to get sick of. I, personally, haven't got sick of Cheap Thrills yet. This song was originally intended for Rihanna, but she sadly turned it down, but as I can say, Sia's vocal work turned out real good on this song, so I'm glad it stayed that way. On a re-release, Sean Paul was an interesting choice, but that worked out well, too. So, all in all, very deserving of this list. This is the song you should be playing at every party.


7. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
Ariana_Side_to_Side_Cover.png (300×300)

I honestly just can't get sick of this girl's music. Side To Side proves itself as yet another hit that I will probably never get sick of from Ariana Grande. I was widely anticipating this song, as I enjoyed Nicki Minaj's collaborations with Ariana in the past. All in all, this is one sexy song and I just can't get it out of my head. I didn't rate higher as there were more deserving songs later on. Their vocals are on point on this track and the lyrical base is quite interesting, I'll admit, but in a good way.


6. Adele - Hello
Adele_-_Hello_(Official_Single_Cover).png (300×300)

We all expect amazing things from AdeleHello definitely is something amazing. I really was shocked to find out that I somehow failed to rate this on my last year's list. I thought that was strange as I thoroughly enjoyed this song at the time. Her vocals are exceptional like usual, and the simple word that we all greet each other with is just something quite interesting for the title of a song, so I credit her with that.


5. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home [w/Camila Cabello]
Work_From_Home_(featuring_Ty_Dolla_$ign)_(Official_Single_Cover)_by_Fifth_Harmony.png (300×300)

Let me stop you right there. I don't want to hear any nonsense about this choice in the comments. My picks. My opinion. The ladies are very well versed in the world of pop and this is a perfect example of it. Work From Home fits pop music today and the girl's voices are peaked in this song, maybe the best they've ever been. Fifth Harmony is the best girl group I have heard in the past few years and although I am sad about Camila's departure, I am excited to venture into their new pop sound without her. Work From Home is definitely something Camila contributed well to, but I would love to see some new music from the girls in the future.


4. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
TCS-FT-HALSEY-CLOSER-ARTWORK.jpg (2172×2172)

I can't explain this song more than I already have to you all. Closer is just something that I miraculously liked for some reason and again, it is just one of those songs I cannot tell you exactly as to why. I have enjoyed this song for months on end and I don't think I will ever get sick of it.


3. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Dangerous-Woman.jpg (1000×1000)

This song is something I had been waiting for for months. I'm glad it came in the past year, as this year was something big for Ariana Grande. I very much enjoyed her music over the course of the past year and this is a perfectly good example. Her music is just very well written and her voice is always something new that I am impressed with track after track and time after time.


2. (and 1.) Taylor Swift - New Romantics
Taylor_Swift_-_New_Romantics_(Official_Single_Cover).png (300×300)

Taylor Swift will probably remain my favorite female artist. Her music has just been phenomenal for the past few years. New Romantics was not something I was expecting to be released as a single, but I can totally see why she made the choice. This is technically tied for the top spot as it easily comes close to being the best song of the year. The next song is also tied for the runner-up spot. I just really didn't know. New Romantics is a song I'll never get sick of and the next one, as I'm sure you all can guess by now, is something I'll never get sick of.


1. (and 2.) Ariana Grande - Into You
Into_You_Ariana_Grande_cover.png (300×300)

You may now be able to tell why it is this song and New Romantics were head to head for the top spot and why I still can't decide between them. I listened to Into You again just a while ago and realized how vocally amazing this track is. I mean, Ariana Grande really shows off her amazing set of pipes on this song and I just love how she always hits those high notes. Into You is also a sweet song and a very mood-setting song. I just can't wait to hear more from her, as there is a new single out from her Dangerous Woman album, that I have already heard. So, cheers to you miss Ariana Grande for having the supposed #1 song of the year for me. As you can all tell, I was addicted to this song for months. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 12.03.02 AM.png (2560×1360)

I hope you all read the entire way through, because I put way more work into this than I had expected to. I hope you all have a great weekend and thank you for reading. I will be out tomorrow with the new edition of the countdown.

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)










15 comments:

  1. I don't like Halsey anymore because of Closer. I loved Badlands though

    And what are your comments on Starving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite odd. I typed comments for Starving, apparently they didn't show up when I published. It was just stating that I enjoyed the risk Steinfeld took on this song and it turned out well in the end. That's the general consensus.

      Delete
  2. Nice post! There are a couple of songs here that I don't really agree with. *cough* #26 *cough*. But great list and I was really happy to see I Took a Pill In Ibiza and Hymn For The Weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of putting Hymn For The Weekend in the 30's but it was just the remix I graded, so it was lowered unfortunately.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Graham is gonna be infuriated by that #1. :P But not me. I still love that one even now.

    And of course your entire Top 10 are female fronted acts, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exept for #10, which is fronted by Gnash. And #4 is actually fronted by The Chainsmokers, males. Other than that, yeah, haha.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Also quick question, why didn't you explain why you liked Staring? Its the only one without any explanation.

      Delete
    2. http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-year-end-special-my-top-45-songs-of.html?showComment=1483785896826#c4135367422402012665

      Delete
    3. Yeah, for some reason Starving's review didn't show up when I posted. So, when I try to update the post it still won't work. Read the comment above for a general consensus.

      Delete
  5. Nice post! I think Into You would be the real #1, as it was #1 on your chart for a long time. Also, I agree with #23. That was one of my favorites this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! Anyways, thanks for keeping Wherever I Go at #40.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...