Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Chainsmokers (2) - Week Of September 17, 2016


chainsmokers-press-2016-Frank-Apollonio-billboard-650.jpg (650×430)















Hey fam! Well, today I went to see the new movie, Sully based on Captain Chesley Sullenberger who successfully landed an aircraft on the Hudson River, with everyone on board surviving. I highly recommend that you go see this movie. It is definitely worth your time and money. The acting was very good and the story was always full of suspense. Anyway, now onto the countdown, with four exits this week. 
  • The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#38)
  • Timeflies - Once In A While (#41)
  • Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance (#42)
  • Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex) (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face

The Countdown
45. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#43)
44. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#44)
43. Meghan Trainor - No (#39)
42. DNCE - Toothbrush (#40)
41. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#37)
40. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#36)
39. Kiiara - Gold (DEBUT)
38. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#34)
37. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (DEBUT)
36. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#33)
35. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#35)
34. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (DEBUT)
33. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#29)
32. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#32)
31. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#31)
30. OneRepublic - Kids (DEBUT)
29. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#27)
28. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#30) 
27. Katy Perry - Rise (#25)
26. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#18)
25. Symon - Say (#21)
24. All Time Low - Missing You (#24)
23. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#23)
22. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#28)
21. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#20)
20. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#26)
19. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#16)
18. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (#19)
17. The Strumbellas - Spirits (#22)
16. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#17)
15. The 1975 - The Sound (#10)
14. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#13)
13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#14)
12. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#15)
11. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#11)
10. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#7)
9. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#4)
8. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#6)
7. Ariana Grande - Into You (#8)
6. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#12)
5. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#9)
4. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#3)
3. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#4)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#2)
1. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lukas Graham - Mama Said (-8)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between: Twenty One Pilots - Heathens, Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire, and Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (+6)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Twenty One Pilots - Cancer

#1 Recommendation For You: Calvin Harris - My Way

New Entrants

~ Our first debut of the week comes in the form of Kiiara - Gold. At first, I didn't enjoy this song. I actually find it really interesting and creative. I don't know what's going on in the chorus, but it sounds so freaking cool. She's got my vote for this song. This one is definitely a debut single win. I have found myself really enjoying this and I know most of you don't. Well, I wish it the best of luck on the countdown.

~ The next newbie is Hailee Steinfeld teaming up with Grey for a heck of a track with Zedd. Starving really grabbed my attention at first listen. Sure, by now I've over saturated it, but it's still good. Hailee's vocals are great on this track and Grey and Zedd do a phenomenal job with the electronics. All in all, this isn't that close to the height of Love Myself, but it's a respectable song. I hope it does well.

~ Third is Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion. Well, I have to say I was a little disappointed with this song. It's absolutely nowhere near her best like Just Dance and Poker Face. While this song is green, don't expect it to stay that way for long, it may even be blue or red in the next coming weeks. I would've thought of better from her. I would like it if this song didn't hit high peaks.

~ Lastly, we have OneRepublic - Kids. This song is actually really cathcy. I think these guys rarely disappoint. I mean, their songs get old quick, but that's fine, at least they're enjoyable when they need to be. I really would like to see some success out of this song. 

HitBound

  • Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (DEBUT)
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky (DEBUT)
  • Nick Jonas - Bacon
  • Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (DEBUT)
  • Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
  • Calvin Harris - My Way (DEBUT)
  • Mike Posner/JordanXL - Be As You Are
  • Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You (DEBUT)
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (DEBUT)
  • Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (DEBUT)
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
2. Nick Jonas - Bacon
3. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
4. Mike Posner/JordanXL - Be As You Are
5. Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky

Blurb Illusion

~ Lukas Graham - 7 Years has been done to death. Let's move on.

~ It's strange that Taylor Swift - New Romantics is still here, but I like it.

~ P!nk - Just Like Fire is getting old, well kind of.

~ Mike Posner and SeeB can't take this long to take a pill in Ibiza. This is going on too long. I Took A Pill In Ibiza, what a name.

~ Katy Perry - Rise is dropping already. Well, I guess two spots doesn't mean the final nail is in.

~ Why is Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You holding? Let's get this jumping.

~ The Strumbellas - Spirits keeps me in high spirits whenever I listen.

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer are becoming extremely overrated. Girls Talk Boys is a lame title and frankly a lame song.

~ I'm loving that The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer is jumping. Well, slowly and not getting too much closer to the #1 title.

~ I don't really care that The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down is #1. It's not awful, but we could have better.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys

1-Bad
19. The 1975 - The Sound

2-Mediocre
18. AJR - I'm Not Famous
17. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
16. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

3-Decent
15. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
14. Kenny Chesney/P!nk- Setting The World On Fire
13. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
12. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down

4-Good
11. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
10. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
9. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
8. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
7. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
6. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For

5-Great
5. The Strumbellas - Spirits
4. Demi Lovato - Body Say
3. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Score: 68/100

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2. Meghan Trainor - No
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
4. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
5. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
3. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You
4. OneRepublic - Kids
5. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving

The Hot 45 Chart will be out sometime soon!

Love ya fam!

Stay strong!

~ Jack :/ :)




22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I guess he's not a fan of most rap *cough Downtown cough*. But I do find it odd seeing as it was on his Hot 45 not long after it first dropped.

      Delete
    2. Greenlight and Downtown both were never on the Hot 45. Greenlight spent a week in Applicantz, though.

      Delete
    3. It sucks. LunchMoney Lewis' voice is annoying and the rapping is suckish.

      Delete
  2. I really don't like BIGGEST JUMPS and DROPS like these

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that Make Me did not make a eight-debut week on Hit-Bound and I Hate U I Love U did makes me extremely mad

    I am also sad that cruel left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell Make Me... isn't going to debut on HitBound at this point. But, eh, it's Hits 1, you can never be sure.

      Delete
  4. Why are GTB and Mama Said not in green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girls Talk Boys has become seemingly lame and obnoxious over the course of the week. Mama Said is just getting old.

      Delete
  5. IMPORTANT NOTE: Blogger is being dumb and won't put Don't Let Me Down in blue, even though it is. Agh, this drives me so freaking insane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSSSSS LETS GET NEVER BE LIKE YOU JUMPING!!!!
    The Pop 20 Chart is out. I was very sick this weekend (I still am)

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 Recommendation for Jack: Ellie Goulding - Still Falling for You

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...