Saturday, September 3, 2016

Justin Timberlake (10) - Week Of September 3, 2016

c269447f-6fbb-4290-8584-ed2d8d27d2e5.jpg (770×433)
Well, hey guys! I'm kind of bummed that school starts on Tuesday. I feel like summer went by way too fast. So, I may be late on some posts and I will try to get them out when it's convenient for me. In other news, I am going to the movies today to see Suicide Squad. So, I'll let you guys know how that went. I've been talking too long, so let's get onto the countdown. Before this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the songs we're saying goodbye to:

  • Jordan Fisher - All About Us (#28)
  • OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#41)
  • Kent Jones - Don't Mind (#44)
  • Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance

The Countdown
45. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#43)
44. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#39)
43. Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance (#21)
42. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#36)
41. Timeflies - Once In A While (#16)
40. Katy Perry - Rise (DEBUT)
39. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#42)
38. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#40)
37. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
36. The Strumbellas - Spirits (DEBUT)
35. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#33)
34. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#7)
33. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#32)
32. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#37)
31. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (DEBUT)
30. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#29)
29. Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex) (#26)
28. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#34)
27. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#31)
26. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#30)
25. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (DEBUT)
24. DNCE - Toothbrush (#27)
23. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#12)
22. All Time Low - Missing You (#24)
21. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#23)
20. Symon - Say (#35)
19. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#22)
18. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#15)
17. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#18)
16. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#19)
15. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#25)
14. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#20)
13. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#17)
12. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#13)
11. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#14)
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#11)
9. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#10)
8. Ariana Grande - Into You (#8)
7. The 1975 - The Sound (#9)
6. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#6)
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#4)
4. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#2)
3. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#1)
2. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#5)
1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#4)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: X Ambassadors - Unsteady (-27)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Symon - Say (+15)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Rebecca Black/Crash Cove - The Great Divide

#1 Recommendation For You: Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault

New Entrants

~ Katy Perry is finally back! Rise is nowhere near her best, but it's still good. It definitely has a message of self empowerment and Katy does good on the vocals. Overall, I hope it has some success, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is top 5 material.

~ Our next debut is from new artist The Strumbellas with Spirits. I have to admit, this song didn't appeal to me at first, and I disliked it for a short time. Then, in the past few weeks I started to enjoy it out of the blue. The chorus really grabs my attention. I don't know if I'll like it much longer, but I hope it does pretty good on this countdown.

~ Next up is Flume and Kai with Never Be Like You. This song is definitely one of the best EDM songs of this year. While the singing isn't always consistently at it's best, the beat makes it sound like it is, it fills in all the cracks as if it were a self-fulfilling prophecy. Anyways, this song is definitely one of my favorites at the moment. I'm wishing it does good here.

~ Last, but definitely not least is Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water scoring the highest debut of the week. Justin Bieber has great vocal work in this song and so does MO. The beat matches perfectly and it's in my top 10 songs at this point in time. I'm not worried about this song doing good here because it's destined to.

HitBound

~ Here's the list:

  • Snakehips/Zayn - Cruel
  • Nick Jonas - Bacon (DEBUT)
  • Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
  • OneRepublic - Kids
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
  • Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
  • Kiiara - Gold (DEBUT)
  • Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
  • Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon - Back 2 U
  • Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (DEBUT)
  • Mike Posner/JordanXL - Be As You Are (DEBUT)
  • MKTO - Superstitious 
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
2. Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
3. Nick Jonas - Bacon 
4. Kiiara - Gold
5. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor

Never Be Like Blurbs

~ It's clear that Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness was a flop on this countdown. Oh well.

~ The drop of Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance was destined to happen sometime. This song definitely wasn't going to last forever.

~ It's refreshing that Timeflies - Once In A While took a big tumble this week. 

~ I'm realizing how stupid and sloppy the lyrics in Meghan Trainor - No are.

~ It's my pleasure that X Ambassadors - Unsteady has dropped out of the top 10! From #7 to...#34. Ouch.

~ P!nk - Just Like Fire is annoying me more and more after each listen. It's still good enough to put in green though.

~ How is it that Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex) keeps dropping? Can I speak with someone about this outrage?

~ All Time Low - Missing You is beginning to annoy me with mediocrity. 

~ What the heck? Why is Symon - Say in the top 20? I'm going to look for who did this. Why do mediocre songs keep getting voted so high?

~ Is it possible to get The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer jumping faster and not behind songs people have never heard of...*cough* AJR - I'm Not Famous *cough*?

~ It's strange to see The 1975 - The Sound at #7, but whatever. It looks like it's taking the same path as X Ambassadors - Unsteady. It's been #9-#7 and so was the latter. I would laugh if it was at #34 next week.

~ It's annoying to see Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! at #1 again. That win from another artist last week looked promising. Oh, who am I kidding?

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
20. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
19. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
18. Symon - Say
17. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire

3-Decent
16. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
15. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
14. AJR - I'm Not Famous
13. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore

4-Good
12. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
11. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
10. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
9. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
8. The 1975 - The Sound
7. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

5-Great
6. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
5. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
4. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
3. Demi Lovato - Body Say
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Score: 74/100

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Meghan Trainor - No
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
3. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out
4. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
5. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
2. Ariana Grande - Into You
3. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
4. Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex)
5. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You

The Hot 45 Chart will be out later.

I posted my reviews for the 2016 VMA's performances last night, in case you missed it. Link: http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2016/09/2016-vmas-performance-reviews.html

I also posted the final results for the song wars this morning! Find out who's the best of the best: Hymn For The Weekend or Into You? and find out the best of the worst: Wherever I Go or Rise?. Read it to find the answer. Link: http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/p/song-wars-round-6-results.html

I think we're going to reach 50,000 pageviews this week! Let's do it guys! Expect a special soon!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)






10 comments:

  1. "I'm realizing how stupid and sloppy the lyrics in Meghan Trainor - No are." And what about in Me Too, which sounds like the worst Britney Spears song I've ever heard, and was produced by will.i.am.

    "P!nk - Just Like Fire is annoying me more and more after each listen." I can kinda agree. I'm starting to realize that this is basically just Sober with all the good stuff taken out. The pounding percussion, gone. The violins, gone, The complex leading guitar melody, gone. The cohesive narrative, gone. The emotion in P!nk's voice being more important than hitting notes, gone. The one thing I've always respected about P!nk is that she didn't sound like what she was, a 35-year old trying to be hip with the cool kids.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just notice you and me share 3 songs in our top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YOU LOVE NEVER BE LIKE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty One Pilots - Ride was #3 last week, not #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is Setting the World on Fire in pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I didn't know what else to put it in. :/

      Delete
  6. So, Don't Mind joins the "leaves right after you call it your least favorite" club with Adventure of a Lifetime, Drag Me Down and My House. I just think that's kinda funny. :P

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...