Monday, January 29, 2018

Imagine Dragons (5) - Week Of January 27, 2018


imagine dragons billboard music awards gi Imagine Dragons wins Billboard Music Award for 2 year old albumHey guys! Welcome back! I apologize for my year-end Hot 45 Chart post still not being out. I will have that out as soon as possible. This past week has been pretty hectic, as will this week. I have had so many midterms and a load of assignments that were due, because today is the official beginning of the second half of the year for me. Anyways, the Grammy's were on last night. I don't really know if I will be doing a review on them, though. The performances seemed a little all over the place in my opinion. So, we'll have to see what I do. Anyways, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the songs that we're saying goodbye to.
  • Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor (#26)
  • Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#39) [9 Weeks At #1]
  • Harry Styles - Kiwi (#43)
  • Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Thunder
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

The Countdown
45. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#45)
44. P!nk - What About Us (#42) [1 Week At #1]
43. Charlie Puth - Attention (#41) [1 Week At #1]
42. Sam Smith - Too Good At My Goodbyes (#20)
41. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#31)
40. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#35)
39. Kesha - Praying (#36)
38. WOLVES - Animal (DEBUT)
37. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#29) [1 Week At #1]
36. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#39) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. NF - Let You Down (DEBUT)
34. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (DEBUT)
33. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#37) [1 Week At #1]
32. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#32)
31. Symon - Lonely Girl (#34) 
30. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#16)
29. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#28) [5 Weeks At #1]
28. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (DEBUT)
27. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#30)
26. Justin Timberlake - Filthy (#23)
24. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#18)
23. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#24)
22. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#7)
21. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse [Remix] (#33)
20. Maroon 5 - Wait (#38)
19. G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I (#21)
18. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#25)
17. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#19)
16. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#14) [3 Weeks At #1]
15. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#17)
14. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#10)
13. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#11)
12. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#27)
11. Camila Cabello - Havana (#6) [1 Week At #1]
10. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#12)
9. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (#8)
8. Charlie Puth - How Long (#2)
7. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves (#13)
6. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#3)
5. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#15)
4. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#9)
3. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
2. Halsey - Bad At Love (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
1. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#1) [5th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (-22)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Maroon 5 - Wait (+18)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something

New Entrants

~ The first new song we see here this week comes from WOLVES. They enter with Animal. I don't love this song as much now as I did when it first made its appearance on Hits 1. It's still good, though. The chorus is without question my favorite part in this song. The production is alright, and the vocals say the same as the production on this track. They are alright, but they are nothing that is a complete stand out. Anyways, I really don't mind if this song does good here, but I can't really see it being a song that is going to do good. Oh well, we will have to wait and see.

~ Our second entrant this week comes from NF with Let You Down. So, I first heard this song a few months ago. I think it was around the time of October. This song struck me as something very different from most rap songs that we have nowadays, which may have been the main reason that I found this song quite entertaining. Also, around the time I listened to this song, I felt like I was really relating to its vibe and lyrics. I just find it to be a nice song. The chorus is especially my favorite part in this song. I feel like it is losing a lot of traction at this point, so I don't know how well it will do here, but hoepfully we will see some success out of this.

~ We find ourselves with a new P!nk song people. It goes by the name of Beautiful Trauma. I am definitely a fan of this song. I have not come to the conclusion if this is better than What About Us, but at this point they are just equal in my book. Her vocals sound really good in this song. The chorus is nice. This is definitely a stand-out track from her latest album, and I was throughly entertained with the music video for this song. If you have not seen that video yet, I recommend that you go and watch it. Nevertheless, I hope to see this song do good here. 

~ Our last debut this week, and the best one in my opinion, comes from Camila Cabello. We receive the amazing track this week, Never Be The Same. This song, in my opinion, is just breathtaking. The first time I ever heard this song, I think I had it on replay almost all night, and I still do. Also, by the way, if you are reading this and have not listened to her debut album, Camila, yet I highly suggest that you go and listen to it as soon as possible. Every song on the album could not have been done any better in my opinion. All set aside, this song is just amazing to me. Camila has amazing vocals on this track, and this is just the perfect example of why I am so happy that she decided to be a solo artist. She is one of the most talented artists that we have out there right now. The pre-chorus and chorus is absolutely my favorite part of this song. She showcases her vocals the most there. The verses flow very nicely as well. I just cannot stop listening to this song on repeat. This is probably just going to be one of those songs that I am never going to get sick of. I really hope that this one does well here.

Best Entrant Of The Week: Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

Hit-Bound
  • Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend
  • Troye Sivan - My My My!
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
  • The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
  • Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment (DEBUT)
  • Post Malone - I Fall Apart (DEBUT)
  • All Time Low - Last Young Renegade 
  • Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It (DEBUT)
  • Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (DEBUT)
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
  • Spencer - Whatever
My Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Troye Sivan - My My My!
2. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
3. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
4. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes


Never Blurb The Same

~ Well, Imagine Dragons log another week atop the chart with Thunder. At this point, I really hope that this is the final week we see this song atop the countdown. It is getting quite old at this point, and I would prefer any other song in the top 10 at the #1 position.

~ We welcome two new and very pleasing top 5 entrants this week. Both of these songs rose up here quite quickly, especially the latter. We receive Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days and Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game. I hope to see these songs continue to dominate here. They are easily two of the best songs on this countdown.

~ I am glad to see that Walk The Moon - One Foot is having tremendous success here. It is growing better and better after each listen.

~ Come on people. We are not making any progress with the amount of bad songs within this countdown's top 20. Rockstar, Believer, and Hold Me Tight Or Don't definitely need to be way lower than where they are at.

~ After that little mishap on its second week here, Finesse had a nice recovery this week with a twelve spot jump right outside of the top 20. This song just keeps growing more and more on me. Let's get this closer to the top 10 next week.

~ I absolutely do not understand how MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low had this spontaneous revival of success in the past couple of weeks. Just when I thought that we were going to get rid of this, it's become a problem again.

~ Well, this looks like the end for Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes. It's been a nice run with this one. I can't see it lasting much longer here.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Imagine Dragons - Believer
19. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
18. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
17. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
16. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

4-Good
15. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be

5-Great
14. Charlie Puth - How Long
13. Dua Lipa - New Rules
12. Lauv - I Like Me Better
11. Halsey - Bad At Love
10. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
9. Maroon 5 - Wait
8. Walk The Moon - One Foot
7. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
6. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves
5. G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
3. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
2. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
1. Camila Cabello - Havana

Score: 80% (B-)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Imagine Dragons - Believer
2. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
3. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
4. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
5. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Havana
2. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
5. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse [Remix]

Thanks for reading!

See you all next time!

~ Jack :)











7 comments:

  1. Lights Down Low's success here is probably from the success it is just now gaining elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Bulow - Not a Love Song

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPOILER ALERT: END GAME GOT #1 THIS WEEKEND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thunderbolt 1000T, please stop spoiling around the people, that's not nice.

      Delete
    2. It is a music alert, not a spoiler alert.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...