Sunday, January 21, 2018

Imagine Dragons (4) - Week Of January 20, 2018


Hello everyone and welcome back! I am still in the process of making the year-end list for the Hot 45 Chart and that should be posted by next week. We are inching further to this year's Grammy Awards, which is next weekend. I don't know if I will be reviewing the show at this point. It honestly depends on how good, or how bad I found it. At the moment, the lineup for performers looks okay, but it could be a bit better. Anyways, you are all here for the countdown this time around. Before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, there is one song leaving us this week.
  • Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#42) [4 Weeks At #1]
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Perfect
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving 

The Chart
45. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#41)
44. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#44) 
43. Harry Styles - Kiwi (#45)
42. P!nk - What About Us (#37) [1 Week At #1]
41. Charlie Puth - Attention (#40) [1 Week At #1]
40. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#39) [9 Weeks At #1]
39. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#38) [3 Weeks At #1]
38. Maroon 5 - Wait (DEBUT)
37. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#36) [2 Weeks At #1]
36. Kesha - Praying (#33)
35. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#32)
34. Symon - Lonely Girl (#27)
33. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse [Remix] (#30)
32. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#32) [4 Weeks At #1]
31. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#35)
30. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#43)
29. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#28) [1 Week At #1]
28. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
27. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#21)
26. Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor (#26)
25. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#19)
24. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#14)
23. Justin Timberlake - Filthy (#24)
22. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#34)
21. G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I (#20)
20. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#13)
19. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#18)
18. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#23)
17. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#16)
16. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#15)
15. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#22)
14. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#17) [3 Weeks At #1]
13. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves (#8)
12. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#25)
11. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#12)
10. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#7)
9. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#10)
8. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (#4)
7. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#11)
6. Camila Cabello - Havana (#5) [1 Week At #1]
5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
4. Halsey - Bad At Love (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
3. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#6)
2. Charlie Puth - How Long (#9)
1. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#3) [4th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (-10)

Biggest Rise Of The Week: Tie Between MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low and Walk The Moon - One Foot (+13)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy


New Entrants

~ We only had one new song that made it to the countdown this week. Maroon 5 enters the countdown this week with their latest single off of their album, Red Pill Blues. The track is simply titled, Wait. I believe that they have reached their peak of redemption after their two atrocious singles, Don't Wanna Know and Cold. What Lovers Do is still going strong with me and this song pretty much holds the same opinions I had on that one. The chorus in this song is especially good, as Adam really does nice here with his falsetto, and doesn't unnecessarily utilize it. He uses it in the right places with this track. Although the band cannot really be picked up in this song, I'm not complaining, as it definitely is good. However, I would like to hear a little more of them. They have been kind of in the shadows on most of the songs on this album. I like how the lyrics are very good, too. They tell a little bit of a story. I would like to see this song become successful, but I just don't see it going too far. It seems like one people would easily forget about. We'll just have to wait and see with this one.


Hit-Bound
  • NF - Let You Down
  • Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
  • Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
  • P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
  • Spencer - Whatever
  • Troye Sivan - My My My!
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (DEBUT)
  • WOLVES - Animal
  • All Time Low - Last Young Renegade
  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
  • Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend
My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
2. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
3. Troye Sivan - My My My!
4. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
5. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman


Blurb Game

~ Thunder is back at #1 people. I really would appreciate it if this was it's final week at the top. It is really getting old at this point. Let's get last week's #1 back up top here.

~ Not really sure how or why How Long or Meant To Be are in the top 3. It just doesn't feel right. Especially the former. I had not even expected that song to be in the top 10. The latter should get back out of the top 5, as there are better songs at the moment that could take its place, but I'll take it, it is certainly not bad. 

~ I am also surprised to see Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask in the top 10. I had expected this song to do good here, but I wasn't expecting a #7 kind of good. 

~ I am very glad to see Walk The Moon - One Foot doing so good here. It is one of those underground picks and it is a good one. I like it when Hits 1 picks up these songs and they do well. It's just kind of something to shake up the countdown, so it isn't just hit after hit after hit. However, I wish this one was a lot more popular than it is right now.

~ Just when I thought Imagine Dragons - Believer was going on its way down the countdown, we have it back at #14. Seriously people, stop voting for this song. I don't understand how you still have not got sick of it yet, but I do respect your opinion.

~ End Game is now in the top 20. I am very happy that this one is doing well here. It is my favorite single that has been released off of Taylor's latest album. I do like each song off the album on a different level. Nevertheless, this is my favorite single that has been released. 

~ Sadly, Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River is already losing steam. I would appreciate if this drop would not last too long. This is one of the better songs here at the moment and we need it back in the upper third of the countdown.

~ One of the major things that really just tested me this week was the large jump from MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low. I don't even understand how this song even got this many votes to push it up thirteen more spots. I seriously hope that this jump was just a random thing and we can see this back at the bottom of the countdown next week, or even better, off of it.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Imagine Dragons - Believer
19. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
18. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
17. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

4-Good
16. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
15. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
14. Dua Lipa - New Rules

5-Great
13. Charlie Puth - How Long
12. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
11. Lauv - I Like Me Better
10. Halsey - Bad At Love
9. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
8. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
7. Walk The Moon - One Foot
6. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
5. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
1. Camila Cabello - Havana

Score: 83% (B)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Imagine Dragons - Believer
2. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
3. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
5. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Havana
2. Ed Sheeran - Perfet
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
4. G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I
5. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River


Thanks for reading!

~ Jack :)








4 comments:

  1. I am surprised you didn't put Lights Down Low in red. Also, totally agree that How Long being #2 doesn't feel right. That song to me is a copy of Attention and does not deserve to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Thirty Seconds to Mars - Dangerous Night

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's atr or anonymous why oh cause he's dead

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...