Friday, December 1, 2017

Imagine Dragons (2) - Week Of November 25, 2017

Image result for imagine dragons
Hey guys! I am terribly sorry that this is once again late. I have been overwhelmed to the maximum this week, by being sick, having to do my community service hours, and piles of homework assignments that I had to get done. School has just been a really stressful environment for the past month or so, which is why I have been posting these six to seven days later. I am going to talk to you guys about long-term plans for this blog at the end of this post, but let's get into this week's fresh 45 songs. Here are the exits.

  • Justin Bieber/BloodPop- Friends (#43)
  • The All-American Rejects - Sweat (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: P!nk - What About Us
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: The Chansmokers/Halsey - Closer

The Countdown
45. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#45) [1 Week At #1]
44. Evaride - Heartless (#42)
43. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#39)
42. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#40) [9 Weeks At #1]
41. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (#29)
40. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#41)
39. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#35) [3 Weeks At #1]
38. The Script - Rain (#34)
37. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (DEBUT) 
36. Charlie Puth - Attention (#36) [1 Week At #1]
35. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#32)
34. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#38)
33. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#31) [4 Weeks At #1]
32. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#27) [3 Weeks At #1]
31. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#23)
30. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#37)
29. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#33)
28. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place (#19)
27. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#30) [3 Weeks At #1]
26. Sabrina Carpenter - Why (#23)
25. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#24) [5 Weeks At #1]
24. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#21)
23. Linkin Park - One More Night (#24)
22. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#26) [2 Weeks At #1]
21. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#10)
20. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves (DEBUT)
19. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#22)
18. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#17)
17. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#13)
16. Charlie Puth - How Long (#20)
15. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (#9)
14. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#14)
13. Kesha - Praying (#18)
12. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#15) [3 Weeks At #1]
11. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#7)
10. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#11) [3 Weeks At #1]
9. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#5)
8. P!nk - What About Us (#1) [1 Week At #1]
7. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#12)
6. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#6) [1 Week At #1]
5. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#8)
4. Camila Cabello - Havana (#16)
3. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#3)
2. Halsey - Bad At Love (#4)
1. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#2) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!...Of The Week: Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (-12)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Camila Cabello - Havana (+11)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Walk The Moon - One Foot

New Entrants

~ The first new entrant we have this week is from a song that I had never expected being seen here. It is from Post Malone featuring 21 Savage. The track's title is Rockstar. I'm sure most of you already know that I despise most of the hip hop, rap music nowadays. I just don't think it's really all that good in terms of lyrics, production, and the vocals. This station definitely isn't one I'd expect to pick up a song like this, because they usually leave these ones untouched. I feel like this country is becoming more and more obsessed with this kind of music, but I just don't see the appeal. Hopefully this one doesn't last long, which I don't think it will anyways.

~ Our second and last new entrant this week comes in all the way at #20. The song is Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves. Now, I really like this one, and I find the production extremely appealing in my opinion. The vocals are nice and I find the drop really cool. I am glad that she is back after her health issues and I really feel like this is a great comeback single. It's safe to say that this one is going to do well, considering it debuting so high, but I still wish it the best of luck. 

Best Debut Of The Week: Selena Gomez & Marsmello - Wolves


HitBound
  • Nick Jonas - Find You
  • X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
  • WØLVES - Animal (DEBUT)
  • Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
  • P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (DEBUT)
  • Bruno Mars - Chunky
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You (DEBUT)
  • Harry Styles - Kiwi
  • Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
  • Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (DEBUT)
  • Walk The Moon - One Foot
  • Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
3. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
4. Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
5. Nick Jonas - Find You

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
2. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
3. Imagine Dragons - Believer
4. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
5. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Havana
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
4. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
5. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go


Now, this week, I did leave out the two other components normally found in these posts because I wanted to talk to you all about the long-term plans for this blog. I have been on this platform for about three years delivering posts to you on this blog and my other blog. Since the end of 2014, we have been losing a good number of people in this community as we have gone along. We have also gained a few here and there, but we have definitely lost a large amount of people in the past few months, venturing off elsewhere. I have certainly taken a dip in views over the past few months, averaging only about ten views a post on my other blog and significantly less on this blog, averaging about one hundred and fifty views a post, rather than the over five hundred I was used to previously receiving, and I know it's not just me that is losing viewers, because to all of you who still read this, I am truly grateful that you do. I have been far behind on my posts this year, mostly due to all of the schoolwork I have been having. I am not saying that I am completely discontinuing my posts, but it is very possible that starting in 2018, I will be posting less frequently, or changing formats of my posts to make it easier and less stressful for me to get out on time. As of next year, I will be taking four to five Advanced Placement classes in school, rather than the two I am taking this year, which are stressful and time-consuming enough. I will try my best, but I just wanted to let you know where things could be heading down the road.

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)


10 comments:

  1. Hey there.

    I can understand where you're getting at. Obviously, everyone here (including myself) has lives, whether it be college, work, etc. Despite me having to do both college and work, I've at least found a way to get these posts out on time one way or another. Heck, I review two charts (American Top 40 and Hits 1 Weekend Countdown) every week. Though, I've been working on improving the quality of my posts lately. Again, I completely understand that everyone here has lives outside of blogging.

    But yeah, I do still read your posts a lot, and I promise, I'll comment on them every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do still read your blog as well, and yeah. I don't know where the Hot 45 Chart is heading. No one really seems to read it anymore and those posts take me a very long time to make.

      Delete
  2. Now, I'll just share my thoughts here:

    - Your thoughts are basically the same as mines in terms of Rockstar. I wasn't thrilled to see it make its debut either. No worries, though. It'll get dethroned from #1 on Billboard soon, whether it be Havana or the remix of Perfect (with Beyonce).

    - Speaking of Havana, I'm sure you're happy about it making a big jump, because of course, you love Camila Cabello. And don't you mean it jumped 12 spots, not 11?

    - And of course, End Game is in purple, because Taylor Swift. I'm hearing that it's going to be the next single off of reputation, so it's almost certain to make its debut on the countdown soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see Havana dethrone Rockstar on the Billboard Hot 100. I have been waiting a couple of weeks for that, just hoping that Havana would stay at #1.

      Another error on my part, my bad.

      End Game is most likely to be the next main single off of reputation, mostly because of the presence of Future and Ed Sheeran which should allow it to be successful. It has already been released as a single in a few other countries and her ballad, New Year's Day, which is the last track on her album, has oddly enough been serviced as a single to American country radio.

      Delete
  3. I totally understand what you are talking about. I also have school which interferes with my posts at times. Which was why I stopped my Billboard Top 20 reviews. I love reading your posts and I hope you still find ways to post regularly, but if you can't, don't force yourself to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here’s my bottom 5 songs and my Lights Over Paris Award for 2017.
    My Bottom 5 Songs Of 2017:
    1. AJR - Weak
    2. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
    3. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
    4. Childish Gambino - Redbone
    5. The All American Rejects - Sweat

    2017 Lights Over Paris HitBound Hero Award Winner: Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me

    What is yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will all find out that information in the coming weeks. :) Stay tuned.

      Delete
  5. Here's this week's Billboard Hot 100, in case you're wondering:

    1. rockstar
    2. Havana
    3. Perfect
    4. Gucci Gang
    5. Thunder
    6. Too Good at Goodbyes
    7. Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
    8. No Limit
    9. What Lovers Do
    10. Feel it Still

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...