Thursday, August 24, 2017

Shawn Mendes (4) - Week Of August 19, 2017

tien-concerten-van-shawn-mendes-nog-niet-uitverkocht.jpg (1280×720)
Hey guys! I apologize for the delay with this post, but it's better late then never. I have had to volunteer and work all week, but I hope you all enjoyed the solar eclipse on Monday. Also, something I'm very excited about is Taylor Swift (my favorite artist) releasing her new single tonight, as well as her new album Reputation on November 10! I know it will be great, and I cannot wait to hear the new song later! Before we get to this week's countdown, hosted by Charlie Puth, here's a list of songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#40)
  • Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#43)
Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Believer
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! 

The Countdown
45. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#44)
44. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#45)
43. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#42)
42. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#41) [4 Weeks At #1]
41. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#36)
40. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#38) [8 Weeks At #1]
39. Julia Michaels - Issues (#39)
38. Train - Play That Song (#37)
37. Hey Violet - Hoodie (DEBUT)
36. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#27)
35. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#33)
34. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#34) [1 Week At #1]
33. P!nk - What About Us (DEBUT)
32. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#15) 
31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31)
30. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#29)
29. AJR - Weak (#23)
28. Halsey - Now Or Never (#19)
27. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#11)
26. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#25)
25. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (#28)
24. Bruno Mars & David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#24)
23. Kesha - Praying (#35)
22. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#20)
21. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#22)
20. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#26)
19. The Chainsmokers - Honest (#30)
18. All Time Low - Good Times (#14)
17. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (#13)
16. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#18)
15. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#21)
14. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#16) [3 Weeks At #1]
13. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#32)
12. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#10)
11. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
10. Linkin Park - One More Light (#12)
9. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#6)
8. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#3)
7. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You [9 Weeks At #1]
6. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#7) [4 Weeks At #1]
5. Charlie Puth - Attention (#9)
4. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
3. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#17)
2. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#4)
1. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2) [4th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (-17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (+19)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Justin Bieber & BloodPop - Friends

#1 Recommendation For You: Walker Hayes - You Broke Up With Me

New Entrants

~ Our first entrant comes from Hey Violet, returning to the countdown with their new song, Hoodie. At first, I had mixed feelings about this song, but after repeated listens over the past week, I have grown into it. The song serves up several allusions to that one obsessive ex we have all had, and we have all probably been, at one point or another. The vocals aren't too outstanding, but I can live with them. The pace is very good and moves steadily. So, all said and done, this song is good at the time, and I would like to see how it does here, compared to this group's previous songs on the countdown this year.

~ Our second and final entrant of the week comes from P!nk, returning with What About Us. This song is a little different from what she usually does, but it is undeniably good either way. I like the slower, less crazy side to this song, and I am waiting to see how her new album, Beautiful Trauma, will turn out. In the end, this a great choice for a lead single, and I would like to see how it does here. I expect it to do good, regardless of everything.

Best Debut Of The Week: Tie Between: Hey Violet - Hoodie and P!nk - What About Us

HitBound
  • Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (DEBUT)
  • Halsey - Bad At Love
  • Andy Grammer - Give Love
  • Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • Sabrina Carpenter - Why (DEBUT)
  • Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
  • The All-American Rejects - Sweat
  • Selena Gomez - Fetish (DEBUT)
  • Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
  • Rita Ora - Your Song
  • Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low
  • The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
2. Selena Gomez - Fetish
3. Rita Ora - Your Song
4. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
5. The All-American Rejects - Sweat

What About Blurbs

~ Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back is back atop the countdown. I definitely prefer this over last week's #1 song, so I'm fine with it being here.

~ Liam Payne - Strip That Down has made a rather large jump into to the top 3 this week. I wasn't exactly expecting this, but I don't really care what it does. It's just an okay song right now.

~ As we already addressed, Imagine Dragons - Believer did indeed fall from the #1 spot this week, much to my happiness. Hopefully we can see a reasonable decline from this song in the coming weeks.

~ As we all know this station loves to flatter their guest hosts, so Charlie Puth - Attention jumping into the top 5, after being at the end of the top 10 for months, was expected, but I'm definitely not complaining.

~ Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito dropped out of the top 3 after that very large jump last week. At least it's still in the top 10, so I won't complain.

~ The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This was in the top 10 for what seemed like forever. Hopefully we can see a little more of a drop from this song, before it starts becoming "old" to me.

~ Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry made a massive jump into the top 20 this week. I am very glad this song is already doing well. It's one of my feel-good revenge anthems at the moment. Trust me, I need some revenge songs in my life.

~ Randomly, MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low has been jumping higher, after months of being forgotten and doing poorly. I would have liked this success at first, but now parts of the song aren't with me anymore.

~ The Chainsmokers - Honest also made a very good second week jump into the top 20. I would like to see this one continue to rise as well.

~ Kesha - Praying didn't make as big of a second week as I was hoping, but at least it jumped. It is the best song here, and I was looking for a rise into the top 20, but that will probably happen next week.

~ Julia Michaels - Uh Huh is starting to revert back into the original opinion I had of it. I had expected this to happen. The song doesn't have enough to keep you hooked forever.

~ Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls almost reached a top 10 status last week, but this week it dropped to almost the end of the top 30. I was hoping to see this song keep going, but we never know what'll happen here.

~ Halsey - Now Or Never took a little bit of an overdue drop out of the top 20 as well. This is a good thing.

~ Over the past week, I completely forgot we still had James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go here. I guess it's just becoming that unimportant to me.

~ DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts had the biggest drop this week. I am not complaining, this song is just a "meh" one to me.

~ The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer has officially been here for one year! I am so happy we finally have a song worthy of the title. I am very happy to see that this is that song.

~ Noah Cyrus - Stay Together looks like it may have reached the end of the road. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
19. Imagine Dragons - Believer
18. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
17. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
16. All Time Low - Good Times

4-Good
15. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
14. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
13. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
12. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
11. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You

5-Great
10. Linkin Park - One More Light
9. Fall Out Boy - Champion
8. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
7. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
6. Charlie Puth - Attention
5. The Chainsmokers - Honest
4. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You
3. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
2. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
1. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels

Score: 77% (C+)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Train - Play That Song
2. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
3. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
4. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
5. Imagine Dragons - Believer

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Kesha - Praying
2. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels
3. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
4. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
5. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You

Love you guys!

LISTEN TO TAYLOR'S NEW SONG! :)

~ Jack :)





4 comments:

  1. How is Good Times already getting old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been listening to it for a while. Before it debuted on this station, it's just making me lose interest.

      Delete
    2. Honest is flopping radio stations.

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: In Real Life - Eyes Closed

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...