Sunday, August 6, 2017

Imagine Dragons (1) - Week Of July 29, 2017

NOS-Alive-Imagine-Dragons-FB-OG.jpg (1200×630)
Hey guys! I apologize again for the delay. My summer has been really hectic, and I was on a trip without wireless connection for a few days. So, here this is. This will be a quick post, with not much to it. The next post will have everything though, I assure you. Also, Summer Soundtrack Results should be out this week as well, so be on the lookout for that. Before we get started, here's the songs we are saying goodbye to. 

  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (#34)
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (#40)
Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

The Countdown
45. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#33)
44. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#45)
43. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#44) [3 Weeks At #1]
42. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#43)
41. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#42) [4 Weeks At #1]
40. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#41)
39. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#28)
38. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#38)
37. Linkin Park - One More Light (DEBUT)
36. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#36)
35. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#39)
34. Luis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (DEBUT)
33. Train - Play That Song (#29)
32. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#27) [8 Weeks At #1]
31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31) [2 Weeks At #1]
30. Bruno Mars & David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#30)
29. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#26)
28. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#32)
27. Julia Michaels - Issues (#24)
26. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#25)
25. James Athur - Say You Won't Let Go (#20)
24. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#17) [1 Week At #1]
23. AJR - Weak (#14)
22. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#8)
21. All Time Low - Good Times (#37)
20. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#21) [1 Week At #1]
19. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#35)
18. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#23)
17. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#22)
16. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (#19)
15. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#18)
14. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#7)
13. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#17)
12. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#15)
11. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#12) [9 Weeks At #1]
10. Halsey - Now Or Never (#13)
9. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#6)
8. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
7. Charlie Puth - Attention (#10)
6. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#3) [4 Weeks At #1]
5. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#10)
4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#9)
3. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#4) [3 Weeks At #1]
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (-14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: All Time Low - Good Times and Fall Out Boy - Champion (+16)

New Entrants

~ Our first new entrant this week comes from Linkin Park, who recently lost their vocalist Chester Bennington. It was a very sad death in the music industry. The song that debuted this week is meant to be a tribute to the late vocalist, and it is titled One More Light. I think it is a very good idea for a tribute single. At the time, I like the song's vocals and it's simplicity. I don't know if it will be one to stick with me forever, like their previous single, but for now, it is a very beautiful and nice tribute. I don't doubt it will do well here.

~ Finally, our second debut this week comes from Louis Tomlinson, Bebe Rexha, and Digital Farm Animals. The song is Back To You. I am absolutely loving this track. I can relate to the lyrics quite a lot, and I am very happy with the production. The vocal work is very good, and I really wasn't having high hopes for this one, but boy was I wrong. This is one of my favorites of the summer. I hope it does well here, I highly doubt it won't. All set aside, I am really enjoying the tune.

Best Debut Of The Week: Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You

HitBound
  • Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
  • Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
  • Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
  • Andy Grammer - Give Love
  • Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl 
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
  • Bebe Rexha - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
  • Paramore - Hard Times
  • The Chainsmokers - Honest
  • Kesha - Praying
  • Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low (DEBUT)
  • The All-American Rejects - Sweat
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Kesha - Praying
2. The Chainsmokers - Honest
3. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
4. Bebe Rexha - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
5. Shawn Mendes/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Train - Play That Song
2. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
3. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
4. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
5. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels
2. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
3. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You
4. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
5. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)





8 comments:

  1. Why don't you comment on Adrian's blog more often? You and Adrian are the only two who spend less time on blogging/commenting. Also, have you thought of joining Pulse Music Boards, because me, ., Graham, Scott and Parker have all done so, and we would like for you and Adrian to join. Montavis is also joined, but he needs to wait for his account to be approved. So, what do ya say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Montavis got approved. I'm following him already.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to see, but it sounds fun. I'll look into it, and I comment less lately, because I've been busy for months. Just since the end of school, it's really really hectic. But sounds cool, I'll check it out for sure.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to hear New Hits First every day - check out www.HitBoundRadio.com and the HitBound Radio iOS/Android app!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, tomorrow, after being Uptown Funk Part 2, Closer leaves the Hot 100.

    While many will be celebrating, I'm sure you'll be doing the exact opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will be doing the exact opposite. Still love the song! :(

      Delete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...