Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Imagine Dragons (2) - Week Of August 5, 2017

Music_bisides_ImaginDragons2-1024x536.jpg (1024×536)
Hey guys! After a few hectic weeks, I'm back here for you with a full length post with everything included. This week was definitely interesting in both good and bad ways. I will do my best to get everything else caught up before school starts for me on September 6th. Also, Summer Soundtrack Results were posted before this post, so go check out to see if the ones you voted for made the cut for the playlist! Before we get started, here's the song we're saying goodbye to this week.
  • Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#35)
Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Believer
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

The Countdown
45. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#43) [3 Weeks At #1]
44. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#38)
43. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#39)
42. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#44)
41. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#45)
40. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#41) [4 Weeks At #1]
39. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#40)
38. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#36)
37. AJR - Weak (#23)
36. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#32) [8 Weeks At #1]
35. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (DEBUT)
34. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#20) [1 Week At #1]
33. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#15)
32. Train - Play That Song (#33)
31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31) [2 Weeks At #1]
30. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#42)
29. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#29)
28. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#24) [1 Week At #1]
27. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#17)
26. Julia Michaels - Issues (#27)
25. Bruno Mars & David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#30)
24. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#25)
23. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#22)
22. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#34)
21. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#26)
20. All Time Low - Good Times (#21)
19. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#28)
18. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#19)
17. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#18)
16. Linkin Park - One More Light (#37)
15. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#12)
14. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#13)
13. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#3) [3 Weeks At #1]
12. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (#16)
11. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#14)
10. Charlie Puth - Attention (#7)
9. Halsey - Now Or Never (#10)
8. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#9)
7. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#11) [9 Weeks At #1]
6. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#6) [4 Weeks At #1]
5. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#5)
4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#4)
3. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#7) [3 Weeks At #1]
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (-18) 

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Linkin Park - One More Light (+21)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana

#1 Recommendation For You: Kelsea Ballerini - Legends 

New Entrants

~ We only have one new entrant this week. That song is Julia Michaels - Uh Huh. At first, I believed this song was just "okay", but after repeated listens, I grew into it. Of course it isn't as good as Issues, but it's not bad. I don't think it will stick with me that long, but for now I'm enjoying the whisper pop vibe, and the strange production of this song. The lyrics, though, are the most flawed part of this song. They are just bland. We'll have to see how long this track sticks with me, but for now I'd like to see how it does. I won't be devastated if it flops, or if it succeeds. Either way, right now, I don't care. 

HitBound
  • Bebe Rexha - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
  • Kesha - Praying
  • Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
  • Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
  • The Chainsmokers - Honest
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • The All-American Rejects - Sweat
  • Andy Grammer - Give Love
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
  • Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
  • Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low
  • Rita Ora - Your Song (DEBUT)
  • The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (DEBUT)
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Kesha - Praying
2. The Chainsmokers - Honest
3. Bebe Rexha - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
4. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
5. Rita Ora - Your Song

Uh Blurbs

~ Imagine Dragons - Believer is no longer a good song. I would really appreciate it everyone stopped voting for this song. I wouldn't have minded it being #1 a few months ago when it was good, but now it's been done to death. It needs to be replaced, and I wouldn't mind if #2, or even #4, swooped in and took the title from it.

~ Another song we can do without in this top 5 is Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road. This song has no quality, and Hits 1 picked the worst country song to play on their station.

~ I completely forgot Lady Gaga - The Cure was still here and it's in the top 10. This just shows how unimportant the song is becoming to me.

~ Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels is almost to the top 10. I would like to see it make it. This is best song here, and we have some questionable songs in the top 10 at the moment.

~ Thank god you voters got Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill out of the top 10. It was definitely way overdue.

~ Linkin Park - One More Light has had the biggest jump this week. It doesn't surprise me, and it is a very good thing that a good tribute single like this is having good success. It just shows how much the world cares.

~ What I would like to know is why Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito is doing so poorly here, compared to every other chart across the world. It needs to at least be in the top 10, then maybe I will feel better.

~ Childish Gambino - Redbone just keeps rising. Again, I never thought Hits 1 would pick up on such a creepy and weird hip hop, funkish song like this. I don't like it, but apparently others like this strange stuff.

~ I'm so glad Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You had a reasonable second week jump. I am loving this song a lot, and I would like to see it continuing to do well in the coming weeks.

~ DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One made a big jump just when we thought we were going to get rid of it. Oh well, at least it's not the worst here.

~ Train - Play That Song has no business continuing to be here. This song did poor all over the world, so I highly doubt that many people could still be voting for it. It needs to leave guys, it's the worst song here.

~ I am so upset Selena Gomez - Bad Liar had the biggest drop this week. This song is one of the best here, and I wish it had done better than what it did. Oh well, I guess I just have to see what happens in the coming weeks.

~ Speaking of decent drops, Bruno Mars - That's What I Like took a very good tumble this week. Likewise, AJR - Weak also dropped, much to my dismay.

~ Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later looks like it might be coming to it's end. I really wanted this song to do well. At least it was here, right? I guess that's okay, considering the several misses this station had this year.

~ Ugh. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know just needs to get the boot. Enough is enough already.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
19. Imagine Dragons - Believer
18. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
17. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
NONE
4-Good
16. Lady Gaga - The Cure
15. Halsey - Now Or Never
14. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts
13. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
12. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
11. All Time Low - Good Times

5-Great
10. Linkin Park - One More Light
9. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
8. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
7. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
6. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down
5. Fall Out Boy - Champion
4. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
3. Charlie Puth - Attention
2. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
1. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels

Score: 78% (C+)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Train - Play That Song
2. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
3. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
5. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels
2. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You
3. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
4. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
5. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)



3 comments:

  1. Nice post, as always!

    My countdown post is out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/08/imagine-dragons-3-week-of-august-12-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with I wish I knew you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything seems promising at first, but it all goes downhill, as nothing is interesting enough for me to stay hooked for four minutes.

      Delete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...