Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bruno Mars (1) - Week Of April 22, 2017

3e378e34ab4a1324d74cf407893ff9cc.jpg (610×343)
I hope you all had a great Easter Sunday last weekend and had a great week this past week. Countdown-wise, this was a step down from last week's craziness, but was definitely not free from any. We had another large drop out from the #1 spot, and a large jump into the #1 spot. This was my birthday weekend countdown. It wasn't a great one, but it certainly wasn't awful. Tomorrow, I will be fifteen years old. Before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the one song we're bidding goodbye this week.

  • The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#41)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran -  Castle On The Hill
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

The Chart

45. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#25)
44. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#44)
43. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#45)
42. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#28) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#43)
40. Niall Horan - This Town (#42)
39. James Hersey - Miss You (#39)
38. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#38) [2 Weeks At #1]
37. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (DEBUT)
36. Halsey - Now Or Never (#40)
35. Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave (#36)
34. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#37)
33. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#29)
32. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#33) [3 Weeks At #1]
31. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#16)
30. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#30)
29. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#26)
28. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#21)
27. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#32)
26. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#20) [4 Weeks At #1]
25. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#35)
24. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#34) 
23. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#22)
22. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#17)
21. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#23)
20. Train - Play That Song (#19)
19. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#31)
18. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#5)
17. AJR - Weak (#24)
16. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#27)
15. Julia Michaels - Issues (#18)
14. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#11)
13. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#14) [8 Weeks At #1]
12. Maroon 5 - Cold (#13)
11. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#10)
10. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#1) [1 Week At #1]
9. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (#12)
8. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#15)
7. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#4)
6. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#3)
5. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#6)
4. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#7)
3. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#2)
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#9) [9 Weeks At #1]
1. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#8) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#25 -> #45, -20 spots)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#31 -> #19, +12 spots)

New Music Alert:

LISTEN NOWShawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
PROCEED WITH CAUTION- Sigrid - Plot Twist 
SKIP IT- Paramore - Hard Times

Instead of continuing to give recommendations, I will give you suggestions on what songs to listen to and which ones not to listen to. This will consist of one song in each category, while off to the side, there will be a bit more of bulky review of the new songs that came along this week. :) If you liked what I previously did, let me know down below. If you liked that more, I will continue to do it, but if you think this is a good idea, then just tell me. I'll keep what most of you all like.

New Entrants

~ We only have one new song here this week. The song is Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake. You're probably asking yourself, "how can a song be old when it first debuts on the countdown?". The answer would be that this song has spent what seems like forever on HitBound. I enjoyed it for some reason for a few weeks. Then, I just kind of started ignoring it was there and thought of it as a "whatever" song for awhile. In the past few weeks though, this song has been progressively getting worse due to its stupid premise and awful set of lyrics. I would prefer if it didn't stay here, but knowing Hits 1's obsession with the overrated Flo Rida, this song will likely stay for what seems like forever.

HitBound

  • ONE OK ROCK - American Girls
  • Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (DEBUT)
  • ZAYN/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time
  • Lady Gaga - The Cure (DEBUT)
  • G-Eazy & Kehlani - Good Life
  • Hey Violet - Break My Heart
  • Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
  • Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
  • Charlie Puth - Attention (DEBUT)
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
  • DNCE - Kissing Strangers
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
2. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
3. Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
4. Hey Violet - Break My Heart
5. Lady Gaga - The Cure

Sign Of The Blurbs

~ We had another week with a pretty reasonable sized jump up to the top spot. This week, the song that performed the stunt was Bruno Mars - That's What I Like. Although, it's a good song, I don't know if this was the best choice for my birthday weekend. I would have enjoyed even Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You, but Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay would have been nice up there. At least it wasn't as bad as last year, due to the almost extremely good looking top 20.

~ Shawn Mendes - Mercy made a little bit of a leap back up to #4. I would prefer if this song leave the top 10, just because I am losing interest in it, and it really shouldn't have stayed here long, due to it being not extremely popular.

~ Imagine Dragons - Believer took a reasonable jump into the top 10 pretty quickly this week. I'm almost joyful about this. I'm getting there. It's a good song.

~ Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill took a drop from the top spot this week, as we got a large jump into the top spot. Everyone knew that this song wasn't going to last long there, and frankly, it was quite strange it jumped several spots to get there in the first place.

~ After a slow start, Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee is finally catching on. I know it will annoy me eventually, but right now, it's a pretty good jam of mine. Not gonna lie, I was dancing to this in the shower yesterday.

~ AJR - Weak is finally in the top 20, to my delight. This song really is one of the best songs on mainstream radio right now. Even though it's not that popular there, it's a very good tune, with great vocals, and a very weird, but good production.

~ Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy needs to make up its mind. Or maybe the "voters" do. This song needs to stop constantly having huge drops and jumps all over this countdown. It's the best song here, and frankly, I would like it if it stayed higher up on this countdown.

~ Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide and Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times both jumped up ten spots this week. That seems reasonable considering the pieces of work they are. I would have thought a jump into the top 20 would be less appropriate for their second week jumps.

~ Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things is starting to lose steam. I'm okay with it, just because there's better songs here. This one is still considered "great" by my color coding standards, even though it's pretty close to being "okay".

~ Okay, what is going on with MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low and Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave? These songs need to make moves. They may just be late bloomers, though. I really hope so.

~ Halsey - Now Or Never clearly didn't make a good second week jump. I hope to see this one catch on soon, it's a catchy tune.

~ Lady Gaga - Million Reasons made a pretty decent decline this week. I am glad about this, because I'm hoping to see it leave next week, before I absolutely hate it. I like her new song, though, so maybe that will take its place.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Train - Play That Song

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
19. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

4-Good
NONE

5-Great
18. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
17. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
16. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
15. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
14. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
13. Imagine Dragons - Believer
12. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
11. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
10. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
9. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
8. Maroon 5 - Cold
7. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
6. Julia Michaels - Issues
5. The Chainsmokers - Paris
4. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
3. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
2. AJR - Weak
1. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy

Score: 94% (A)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
2. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
3. Niall Horan - This Town
4. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
5. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
2. AJR - Weak
3. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
4. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
5. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

Love you guys!

The Hot 45 Chart for the last two weeks will be out this week at some point.

~ Jack :)






16 comments:

  1. Why is Sooner or Later a "proceed with caution" song when it's #2 in your Hit-Bound picks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! And happy birthday! I've only heard Hard Times from new music thing and in my opinion it's decent. It has a nice throwback vibe to it, but feels a little too cheesy for my liking. And I just realized it's on the sidebar too. Good idea! The first 2 for listen now there are only alright for me. The last one is pretty good though. The first 2 proceed with cautions's are also only alright for me but I like Flame a lot. I really like HUMBLE. as well. And I'll skip the John Mayer if it's anything like Love On The Weekend. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And didn't mean to put 2 periods and I'm just pointing this out so . doesn't think I'm talking to him.

      Delete
    2. Why does he even have such a strange name

      Delete
    3. So I don't have to say my full real name. To be honest I don't even know why I chose . as my name though.

      Delete
    4. Haha. I have to change the sidebar, just because it's been up for a couple of weeks now...😬😂
      No one noticed I guess and thank you Graham!

      Delete
  3. So, happy birthday! Something we both have in common, much cool (=

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOTT, Now or Never, and At My Best are so old already!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the oldest out of those was released a month and a half ago...

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...