Monday, May 1, 2017

The Chainsmokers (1) - Week Of April 29, 2017

The-Chainsmokers-620x360.jpg (620×360)
Hey everyone! This week was collectively better than last weekend, even though there were some bad points (two good songs dropping significantly), but with the bad points, we had the good points, like two bad songs leaving the countdown, and three good songs entering, as well as a good, new #1. This coming week is also fellow blogger, Adrian Carrazco's birthday. So, I'd like to wish him a very happy birthday. It is also one of my very good friends's birthday this week too. Before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the three songs that are leaving us this week.
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#38) [2 Weeks At #1]
  • Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#42) [2 Weeks At #1]
  • Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

The Chart
45. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#43)
44. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#21)
43. James Hersey - Miss You (#39)
42. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#45)
41. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#41)
40. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#30)
39. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#11)
38. Niall Horan - This Town (#40)
37. Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave (#35)
36. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#25)
35. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#26) [4 Weeks At #1]
34. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#28)
33. Charlie Puth - Attention (DEBUT)
32. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#33)
31. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#29)
30. Halsey - Now Or Never (#36)
29. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (DEBUT)
28. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#31)
27. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#32) [3 Weeks At #1]
26. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#34)
25. Lady Gaga - The Cure (DEBUT)
24. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#27)
23. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#22)
22. AJR - Weak (#17)
21. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#14)
20. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#37)
19. Train - Play That Song (#20)
18. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#19)
17. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#23)
16. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#24)
15. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#18)
14. Julia Michaels - Issues (#15)
13. Maroon 5 - Cold (#12)
12. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (#9)
11. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#16)
10. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#13) [8 Weeks At #1]
9. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#8)
8. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#7)
7. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#10) [1 Week At #1]
6. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#1) [1 Week At #1]
5. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#6)
4. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#3)
3. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#4)
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#2) [9 Weeks At #1]
1. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#5) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (-28)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (+17)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Cashmere Cat/Ariana Grande - Quit

#1 Recommendation For You: G-Eazy & Kehlani - Good Life

New Entrants

~ All of our entrants this week were the three debuts on HitBound last weekend. Our first entrant this week is from Charlie Puth with his new single, Attention. I have been really enjoying this song since its release last weekend. This song is very simple, but is very good. Sometimes, the simple aspect of a song doesn't work, but Charlie Puth always makes it work with his music. All set aside, the vocals and the production are both very good, with the above stated simple lyrics. This calls for a good song, and I hope to see it do well here in the future.

~ Next, we have Shawn Mendes, replacing himself with a much better song than what he left us with this week. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back is very good lyrically, and the beat and strong voice makes me want to get up and dance, due to its very infectious vibe. Shawn Mendes said that he thinks this song is his best one yet, and I'm starting to think that might be true, although a few of his past singles have been pretty good. Likewise, I am hoping to see it have success here.

~ Finally, we have Lady Gaga returning with a new single this week. She debuted quite high this week with The Cure. I have been addicted to this song since I first heard it. I was starting to think that Lady Gaga's old pop song vibe was fading with the release of her past few singles, but this one proves that she still has it. Sure, it's not as involved as her past singles, but it's making me have hope that she's veering back into her old style. Back then, all of her music was pretty much good. All set aside, the song has a strong set of lyrics, good vocals, and nice production. This song definitely closed off a very strong week of entrants here, and I would definitely hope to see it do well here.

Best Entrant This Week: Lady Gaga - The Cure

HitBound
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
  • Hey Violet - Break My Heart
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
  • Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (DEBUT)
  • ZAYN/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time
  • DNCE - Kissing Strangers
  • Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
  • Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
  • Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace (DEBUT)
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
  • Katy Perry - Bon Appétit (DEBUT)
  • ONE OK ROCK - American Girls
  • G-Eazy & Kehlani - Good Life
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. G-Eazy & Kehlani - Good Life
2. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
3. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
4. Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
5. ONE OK ROCK - American Girls

There's Nothing Blurbin' Me Back

~ This is the fourth week straight we have had different countdown topping songs. This week, for the first time, The Chainsmokers made a leap to the top with Paris. I had a feeling this would eventually happened, and now that it has, it doesn't seem very eventful, I definitely don't mind it there though.

~ Shawn Mendes - Mercy continues to hold on in the top 10. I really don't understand the long-lasting success of this song, it really wasn't all that popular on other charts, but it's okay because I grew back into it this past week. 

~ Bruno Mars - That's What I Like followed the pattern this week, having a rather reasonable decline out of the top spot, just like our past three #1's over the course of these past four weeks. If we keep this up, Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me could be seeing a #1 next week. We can only hope.

~ Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee was a late bloomer and it payed off, it's almost to the top 10. Finally, one song from this band that actually deserves a top 10.

~ Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy slightly discontinued its pattern it's had over the past few weeks. I am just happy it made an incline, at least.

~ Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake is only getting worse from this jump. I requested it had limited success, this better be as far as it gets, but knowing Hits 1 and their obsession for the lead artist in this song, I can not see that happening.

~ MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low finally decided to move. I hope it can make it out of the top 30. This song is very nice, calm, and slow. I enjoy it as it makes me feel so many pleasant emotions.

~ Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know needs to turn itself around and go in the other direction. We had this song down low and it needs to stay there.

~ Halsey - Now Or Never is now in the top 30. I would appreciate it if it could continue to rise, because I am having high hopes for this one, as I have been enjoying it very much lately.

~ Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On is still here? Wow, I didn't realize seeing it as the dreadful bore it has become.

~ In things I didn't see coming, Sign Of The Times has dropped this week out of a recently reached peak in the top 30. With Hits 1's obsession with Harry Styles, this song was expected by me to go in the other direction this week. Maybe this station is healing, even though this song is good right now, I still feel like this station needs to learn a slight lesson.

~ Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave continues to fail at succeeding here. Oh well, I had a glimmer of hope for this one that has now officially faded out.

~ The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming and Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm both took mounting falls this weekend. This saddens me as they are both tolerable songs. I really want to see a recovery, because this was a hard hit.

~ Rihanna - Love On The Brain has been screwing around in the bottom of this countdown for what seems like forever. I don't know when this one is going to leave.

~ I apologize for the three late charts on the Hot 45 Chart blog. I am working on one that will be out as soon as possible. The other two will be out as soon as I can. Again, I apologize, I will let you know when they are released.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Awful
20. Train - Play That Song

1-Bad
19. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
18. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill

5-Great
17. Maroon 5 - Cold
16. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
15. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
14. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
13. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
12. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
11. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
10. Imagine Dragons - Believer
9. The Chainsmokers - Paris
8. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
7. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
6. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
5. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
4. Julia Michaels - Issues
3. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
2. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
1. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy

Score: 90% (A-)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
2. Train - Play That Song
3. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
4. Niall Horan - This Town
5. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
2. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
3. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
4. AJR - Weak
5. Julia Michaels - Issues

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)

11 comments:

  1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Harry Styles - Sweet Creature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Recommendation for Hits 1: The Weeknd - Reminder

      Delete
  2. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Niall Horan - Slow Hands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess The Song:
    I left solo on the WC.
    I am sung by The Chainsmokers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess The WC:
    A song by AaronChupa left my week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Forever in Your Mind - Smooth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suggest you should vote for my 2016 Hits 1 Year-End List rankdown. If you don't want to vote, it's up to you. But if you've participated in a Song Wars before, you'll like this too. It would be more fun if there were more votes, so I suggest you vote if you want. I currently have 4 votes, including myself. The form closes in 10 days, and here is the link:
    https://goo.gl/forms/8nJ3Lox8liGXG9QR2

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...