Saturday, April 1, 2017

Ed Sheeran (8) - Week Of April 1, 2017

ed-sheeran-inside-cover-story-ftr.jpg (1240×775)
Hey guys! If you haven't already checked out last weekend's countdown review that I posted just last night, then I recommend you check it out! This week wasn't really all that active, it should have been considering today is the exact day of April Fool's Day, but it also marks that we have made it one quarter of the way through 2017! Also, April is my birthday month, and my birthday is in about three weeks! I'll be 15 years old, and we, likewise, have Easter Sunday and spring break. So, I've rambled long enough about this magnificent month. Before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the only song we're finally bidding good day to.

  • X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Flo Rida - My House

The Chart
45. Daya - Words (#45)
44. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#42)
43. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#41)
42. Niall Horan - This Town (#36)
41. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#43)
40. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#40)
39. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#37)
38. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#38) [3 Weeks At #1]
37. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#33)
36. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#34)
35. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#35)
34. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#32)
33. James Hersey - Miss You (#39)
32. AJR - Weak (#26)
31. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#28)
30. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#29) [2 Weeks At #1]
29. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#18)
28. Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday (DEBUT)
27. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#19)
26. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#20) [2 Weeks At #1]
25. Jon Bellion - All Rime Low (#22)
24. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#25)
23. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (#31)
22. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#27)
21. Julia Michaels - Issues (#21)
20. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#24)
19. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#16)
18. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#30)
17. Train - Play That Song (#14)
16. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#15)
15. Maroon 5 - Cold (#12)
14. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#13)
13. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#23)
12. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#17)
11. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#11)
10. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#10)
9. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#7)
8. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#5) [4 Weeks At #1]
7. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#8)
6. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#2)
5. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#6)
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#9)
3. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#3)
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#4) [8 Weeks At #1]
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#1) [8th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Adele - Water Under The Bridge (-11)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (+12)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Stargate/P!nk/Sia - Waterfall

#1 Recommendation For You: Hey Violet - Break My Heart

New Entrants

~ We again have only one entrant this week. That entrant would be Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday. Ariana Grande never fails to impress me with her music. However, this song was very questionable at first listen. Ariana's vocals were very repetitive, but I eventually started to develop a liking for it. I enjoy what Future has to offer and his section is very catchy. I'll admit the production isn't the most amazing thing I've ever heard, but it's good enough. I am absolutely loving this song right now. So, I hope to see this song do well here, and I don't doubt it will.

HitBound

  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (DEBUT)
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low 
  • Lorde - Green Light
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
  • The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • ONE OK ROCK - American Girls
  • Little Mix - Touch
  • COIN - Talk To Much
  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Lorde - Green Light
2. Little Mix - Touch
3. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
4. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
5. Jon Bellion - Overwhelming

Blurb Ain't Me

~ Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You continues to hold atop the countdown for an eighth week. By now, I'm almost entirely confident that this song will be at #1 for four more weeks, collecting a total of twelve, as no song has ever reached above that amount of #1's, but have only tied that number.

~ The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer is definitely not giving up. It has been up here for months now, and is still going strong at #2. I am still enjoying this song and I don't think overplay will ever kill it, so I hope it continues to have success.

~ Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill continues to rise up the chart, and is in the top 5 now. I am surprised that the Hits 1 rules have not been in play. I don't mind, but this is pretty cool that this station is deciding to, for once, switch things up.

~ James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go has been jumping all over the place lately. I just think it should stay put, as I honestly think it is at a good spot at the moment. It's a good song, and I would appreciate it if it stuck up here for a bit longer, but that probably won't happen.

~ Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul finally made its way back into the top 20. I am very glad that it had the biggest jump this week, and it may only be at #18, but it's a start. 

~ Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye had a reasonable second week jump. I hope to see it make its way into the top 20 next week, though.

~ Adele - Water Under The Bridge took a surprising decline this week. I guess all Adele songs to not need to be the main attention here, like usual.

~ Rihanna - Love On The Brain still has a weird tenure in my book. So far, this one has the strangest tenure of 2017. Next week we'll probably be seeing a jump into the teens or a drop all the way to the bottom of the countdown.

~ AJR - Weak hasn't been successful at all in these past weeks. I really had high expectations for this song, but when they finally have one amazing song, it can't do well. Just my luck. 

~ James Hersey - Miss You made some kind of comeback. I mean, it wasn't exactly at the height I had hoped for, but it'll do. At least it jumped.

~ Bruno Mars - 24K Magic is now the worst song on the countdown. I just thought I would point that out if you haven't noticed already.

~ Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee is really not doing anything at all. I wish it would overtake the other song they have here, because this one is way better at the moment.

~ Daya - Words is still at the butt of the countdown. This song really didn't have much success here at all. So, I wouldn't recommend that it continues to try, as it is beginning to become old.

~ The delayed Hot 45 Charts will be out as soon as I can get them out to you. I have a very busy day planned tomorrow. So, maybe Monday will be the day.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
20. Train - Play That Song

4-Good
19. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
18. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
17. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving

5-Great
16. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
15. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
14. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
13. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
12. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
11. The Chainsmokers - Paris
10. Maroon 5 - Cold
9. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
8. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
7. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
6. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
5. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
4. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
3. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
2. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
1. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

Score: 95% (A)

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
2. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
3. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
4. Niall Horan - This Town
5. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

Top 5 Countdown Song
1. Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
2. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
3. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
4. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
5. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Happy April Fool's Day everyone! If you want to see my special fool post, it's before this one! So, enjoy!

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)





35 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sees orange song* Oh, you are not making friends with me and Miles there. Or Triff for that matter.

    Wonder how long it'll be before That's What I Like follows suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's What I Like is probably going to stick with me a while longer, just because it has more appeal.

      Delete
    2. I still find 24K Magic enjoyable, and That's What I Like is one of my favorites right now. I'd prefer any other song in your bottom 5 to be in orange.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Your top 5 has epic songs (#2-4) and horrible songs (#1 and 5) for me. But seriously, I am so happy that so many people like those songs #2-4. Thnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Haha. Last year my bio teacher called me that. XD

      Delete
  11. This comments section needs a cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #babytellmehowdidyougetsocoldenoughto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #chillmybonesitfeelslikeidontknowyouanymore

      Delete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...