Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Chainsmokers (7) - Week Of November 26, 2016

imagegen.ashx (796×420)
This week was very bad. I didn't care for it at all and it may have been our worst countdown week this year, but I'll talk more about that in the blurbs. Anyways, I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving and a fun Black Friday, because I did. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs here's the only song we are saying goodbye to:

  • Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#36)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Adele - Hello

The Chart

45. Nick Jonas - Bacon (#44)
44. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#43)
43. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#38)
42. Calvin Harris - My Way (#45)
41. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#39)
40. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#40)
39. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#42)
38. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#32)
37. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#35)
36. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#37)
35. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#33)
34. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#41)
33. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#31)
32. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#30)
31. Train - Play That Song (DEBUT)
30. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water (#14)
29. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#27)
28. Runaground - Chase You Down (#28)
27. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#23)
26. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#26)
25. DNCE - Body Moves (#25)
24. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl (#22)
23. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#19)
22. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#18)
21. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#6)
20. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#34)
19. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#29)
18. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#26)
17. Niall Horan - This Town (#13)
16. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (#24)
15. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#10)
14. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#20)
13. Bastille - Good Grief (#17)
12. Ariana Grande - Into You (#9)
11. OneRepublic - Kids (#8)
10. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#11)
9. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#25)
8. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#7)
7. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#15)
6. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#12)
5. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#3)
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#2)
3. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#5)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#4)
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Cold Water (-16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (+16)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Tove Lo - True Disaster

#1 Recommendation For You: The Veronicas - On Your Side

New Entrants

~ Our only new entrant this week is Train - Play That Song. This song really was only good for about two weeks. Then, I started to get sick of it, and I didn't even listen to it that much. All in all, I would say that it's a space filler at the moment, but it could change to being a good song again. So, I would pretty much like it if it didn't stay long or do good whatsoever because it will probably be in red before you know it.

HitBound
  • Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
  • Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
  • Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
  • John Legend - Love Me Now
  • Lukas Graham - You're Not There
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain
  • James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
  • Daya - Words
  • Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
  • Gavin DeGraw - She Sets The City On Fire
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy
  • Adele - Water Under The Bridge
  • The Summer Set - The Night Is Young
  • Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (DEBUT)
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Daya - Words
2. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
3. John Legend - Love Me Now
4. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
5. Rihanna - Love On The Brain

Blurb That Song

~ Well, at least something decent has happened. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic is at #6.

~ Okay, someone pinch me, I'm in a freaking nightmare. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes is at #7. This is terrible. I swear, this could be the worst week we've had all year.

Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor in the top 10 and having the biggest jump of the week is a big no no. I would love if this song just stayed where it was.

~ Okay, I guess Bastille - Good Grief is getting better in my eyes, but that might not last long.

~ At least two good things came out of this week. Jon Bellion - All Time Low and The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy both jumps, with jumps they deserve.

~ I would love it if X Ambassadors - Unsteady stopped jumping and dropping and just freaking left already! I swear, every week this song spends on this countdown doing this I get progressively angrier.

~ I had to make a separate blurb for the drop of Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side because this is freaking ridiculous. This is the #4 song in America right now and she just won Artist Of The Year and she gets this treatment? I mean, this is probably the catchiest song on Pop Radio right now. This is seriously making me mad. I really hope to see this jump next week, and if it drops, there will be a longer rant. 

~ What in the freaking name of...oh sorry, excuse me. Are you kidding me? I mean Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U, Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest, DNCE - Body Moves, and Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl are all dropping this is freaking ridiculous. I can't believe this. This is so bad.

~ Okay, I am really having a hard time not putting Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire in orange, considering how bad it is. I would love it if it left soon.

~ I would appreciate it if songs like Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water didn't have the biggest drop of the week, considering that they are good.

~ I would love to see Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza's ghost at this point, but oh well. I mean seriously, this song can't keep doing this random jumping and dropping. Just leave.

~ Okay. I am literally done. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys needs to leave. I am sick of this. This song is terrible and I don't know who is still voting for this. This is literally the stupidest song this year lyric wise. The production isn't good, and the voice content sucks. I think this may be the worst song this year. I'm not even kidding.

~ I really would have appreciated it if Taylor Swift - New Romantics hadn't left this week. I mean, there was much worse that we needed to get rid of and I wasn't really ready to say goodbye to 1989's countdown reign just yet.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
19. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes

1-Bad
18. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
17. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

2-Mediocre
16. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
15. OneRepublic - Kids
14. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
13. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
12. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
11. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
10. Bastille - Good Grief
9. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
8. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
7. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
6. Niall Horan - This Town
5. Ariana Grande - Into You

5-Great
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
2. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Score: 62/100

Bottom 5 Songs Of The Week
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
2. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire
3. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

Top 5 Songs Of The Week
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
3. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
4. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
5. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U

The Hot 45 Chart will most likely be out tomorrow!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)




5 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...