Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Chainsmokers (6) - Week Of November 19, 2016

MI0004083594.jpg (400×217)
Well, hey there everyone! I hope everyone had a fantastic week. If not, hopefully it will get better in time for Thanksgiving Week this week! So, on Tuesday afternoon, I am out of school until Monday morning. So, hopefully there will be some time to get the 50,000 pageview special out. I anticipate it to be out by this coming Wednesday, but it may be later. There also will be no pageview special until we reach 100,000 pageviews. I have made this a final decision that 75,000 pageviews will not be a special, as it will likely be reached this week and I don't want to put a bunch of extra weight on my shoulders. Also, tonight is the American Music Awards. on ABC. The lineup looks pretty good, so I'm excited to do a review of that for you guys. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here is the lone exit this week: 
  • Kiiara - Gold (#39)
Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Adele - Hello

The Chart
45. Calvin Harris - My Way (#35)
44. Nick Jonas - Bacon (#32)
43. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (#43)
42. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#42)
41. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#37)
40. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#38)
39. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#41)
38. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#42)
37. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#45)
36. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#34)
35. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#33)
34. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (DEBUT)
33. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#31)
32. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#18)
31. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#29)
30. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#28)
29. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#21)
28. Runaground - Chase You Down (#20)
27. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#19)
26. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#26)
25. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#15)
24. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight (#24)
23. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#23)
22. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl (#16)
21. DNCE - Body Moves (#36)
20. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#30)
19. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#23)
18. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#22)
17. Bastille - Good Grief (#40)
16. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#9)
15. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#25)
14. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water (#14)
13. Niall Horan - This Town (#13)
12. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#11)
11. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#10)
10. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#8)
9. Ariana Grande - Into You (#12)
8. OneRepublic - Kids (#17)
7. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#7)
6. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#6)
5. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#5)
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#4)
3. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#1)
2. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#3)
1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (-14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Bastille - Good Grief (+23)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Sia - Never Give Up

#1 Recommendation For You: Britney Spears/Tinashe - Slumber Party

New Entrants

~ Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha both return to the countdown this weekend, now together with In The Name Of Love. This song is certainly a catchy tune and I would like to see it have some success on this countdown. Even though it has already departed from The Hot 45 Chart, I still highly regard it as a good song. You also may be seeing a re-entry on the chart in the near future, but possibly not.

HitBound

  • Lukas Graham - You're Not There (DEBUT)
  • Daya - Words
  • Gavin DeGraw - She Sets The City On Fire
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain
  • Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
  • Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own (DEBUT)
  • Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
  • Adele - Water Under The Bridge (DEBUT)
  • Train - Play That Song
  • Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
  • John Legend - Love Me Now
  • The Summer Set - The Night Is Young
  • James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Daya - Words
2. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
3. John Legend - Love Me Now
4. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
5. Shawn Mendes - Mercy


In The Name Of Blurbs

~ I am very pleased to see that The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer has made its way back up to the top of the countdown.

~ I would really enjoy seeing both Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend and Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty leaving the top 10 next week. I legitimately haven't loved these songs since March, they are too old to be here.

~ On note of songs that shouldn't be in the top 10, OneRepublic - Kids makes an entrance this week. I think its safe to say that I was being generous this week by putting it in blue, it is very close to being pink. So, I would appreciate it if this song didn't clog the top 10 up.

~ Bruno Mars - 24K Magic isn't really doing much. It's pretty much staying in the teens, which I'm okay with at the moment anyway.

~ Well, I guess my luck is rubbing off. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes shouldn't be this high up. In fact, I would be very happy if it wasn't even here at all.

~ Okay, this is ridiculous. Bastille - Good Grief shouldn't be higher than songs like Side To Side, Starboy, Body Moves, That's My Girl, and I Hate U, I Love U. This song is just a space filler and frankly popular nowhere else.

~ I would've enjoyed seeing Jon Bellion - All Time Low jump a little more this week. Oh well.

~ X Ambassadors - Unsteady needs to leave for good. This song should've been gone months ago after that 27 spot drop out of the top 10, but of course Hits 1 logic prevents it from leaving.

~ There are worse songs worthy of the biggest decline in spots rather than Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills. This is so annoying.

~ Well, I don't know about you, but I am freaking sick of 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys being here. This song is so stupid, the title has no meaning, and the voices are so suckish. I swear, this is one of the worst songs this year, if not, the worst.

~ Well, I didn't want to see Nick Jonas - Bacon and Calvin Harris - My Way drop like this, especially considering that they weren't very successful here, which is crazy.

~ Lastly, I would like to recognize how ridiculous it is that Kiiara - Gold has left. I mean, come on Hits 1. You have had songs here for almost a year that are long overdue for a departure. Yet, you have to take one of the best songs here and give it the boot so early. When I heard Spyder Harrison announce this I was so mad.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
20. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
19. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes

2-Mediocre
18. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
17. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
16. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

3-Decent
15. OneRepublic - Kids
14. Bastille - Good Grief

4-Good
13. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
12. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
11. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
10. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

5-Great
9. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
8. Niall Horan - This Town
7. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
6. Ariana Grande - Into You
5. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
3. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side

Score: 75/100

Bottom 5 Songs This Week
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
2. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
3. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

Top 5 Songs This Week
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
3. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
4. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
5. TIE: The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
5. TIE: Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl

The Hot 45 Chart will be out this week! I am hoping to get it out tomorrow.

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)


8 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...