Sunday, July 3, 2016

Justin Timberlake (3) - Week Of July 2, 2016

justin-timberlake.jpg (570×388)
Hey fam! Yes, Justin Timberlake managed to snatch the top spot again with Can't Stop The Feeling!. I really would appreciate it if there wasn't so much overplay on this song, because I can see myself possibly getting sick of it by the end of this month if radio kills it, but for now, it's still a very good song. So, before we get to the rest of this week's patriotic fresh 45, here is our lone departure:
  • Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (#30)
Last Week's #1 Song: Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza 
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again

45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I (#43)
44. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (#44)
43. Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (Fl#41)
42. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#21)
41. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#45)
40. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
39. Kent Jones - Don't Mind (DEBUT)
38. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#29)
37. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#39)
36. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#23) [1 Week At #1]
35. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#36)
34. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#33)
33. Flo-Rida - My House (#34) [1 Week At #1]
32. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#25)
31. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#31) [4 Weeks At #1]
30. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (#28)
29. Troye Sivan - Youth (#35)
28. All Time Low - Missing You (#40)
27. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#20)
26. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#42)
25. Timeflies - Once In A While (#26)
24. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#37)
23. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#12)
22. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#32)
21. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#22)
20. DNCE - Toothbrush (#19)
19. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#27)
18. Alessia Cara - Wild Things (#24)
17. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#17)
16. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#16)
15. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#15) [5 Weeks At #1]
14. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#11)
13. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#18)
12. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#13)
11. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#14)
10. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#10)
9. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
8. One Direction - History (#8)
7. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#7)
6. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#9)
5. James Bay - Let It Go (#5)
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#1) [1 Week At #1]
3. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#3)
2. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#6)
1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#2) [3rd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lukas Graham - 7 Years (-21) [Yes!]

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ruth B. - Lost Boy (+16) [Yes!]

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You

#1 Recommendation For You: Fergie - M.I.L.F. $

Entrants

~ Kent Jones - Don't Mind has debuted! This song for the moment is under the title of my guilty pleasure of 2016. This song has an undefined meaning to me, but it's odd and really fun to jam out to. All in all, I'm really hoping to see some success out of this song.

Hit-Bound

  • Flo-Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday
  • Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • AJR - I'm Not Famous
  • Alesso/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know
  • 1975 - The Sound
  • Symon - Say
  • Lukas Graham - Mama Said
  • Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence
  • Jordan Fisher - All About Us
  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
  • Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance
  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
  • Ben Rector - Brand New
~ Again, we only had one new Hit-Bound entrant this week and that would be Drake returning with One Dance featuring Wizkid and Kyla. Hits 1 was definitely late with this song, but I feel like if it debuts the countdown, it will do better than Hotline Bling. Anyways, this song has been good for a long while, and it still is, so I don't mind it debuting Hits 1 now. That's all I really have to say this week.

Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Jordan Fisher - All About Us
2. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
3. Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts 
4. Alesso/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know
5. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick

Blurb Mind

~ I'm honestly speechless that Make Me Like You has lasted this long, I mean, it has been in the bottom 5 for most of its tenure, but Gwen Stefani is a great artist and is pretty much always underrated on Hits 1.

~ I am beyond excited that Lukas Graham - 7 Years has dropped. I am hoping that it doesn't make a comeback or stay here much longer, I just need it to leave to repair my ears because it's so old and at some points he yells and that annoys me in the song.

~ I feel like Rihanna/Drake - Work hasn't been above the #39 spot in two months, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

~ Panic! At The Disco - Victorious is really starting to fade on me, I'm glad that this song is one of the few bad songs on the countdown anymore, we had a great cleanout these last couple of weeks, let's make next week another as well.

~ I am absolutely failing to grow out of Hands To Myself. I have no idea what it is about Selena Gomez's voice in this one, I just can't get sick of it, even though her older tracks were better.

~ I'm really sad that Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness made a sizable drop after the jump to the top 20, I hope it doesn't flop more.

~ Ruth B. - Lost Boy jumping actually makes me happy, because it was her birthday weekend and I guess it's somewhat of a little unknown surprise for her, right? Being a debut artist and all.

~ It was truly a pleasure to listen from #24 to #9 (16 songs) without hearing a single song I didn't like. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go started the chain jumping back up, which makes me very happy.

~ No! Why did Fifth Harmony - Work From Home depart the top 20? Come back!

~ I'm glad Alessia Cara is getting some good recognition late on with Wild Things.

~ I almost forgot Grace - You Don't Own Me was still in the top 20! Keep going, girl!

~ I'm loving Hits 1 a lot at this moment! Calvin Harris and Rihanna's This Is What You Came For is jumping! Stay strong, guys!

~ Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman is also failing to depart on my opinion, I'm glad it's still in the top 10.

~ One Direction - History is the only bad song in the upper half of the countdown. Wow. That's great.

~ Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills is the new best song on the countdown! This song is just so fun to dance to and is just so catchy. If it hits #1, I would really love it, it's just so good.

~ Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! at #1? Fine by me for a few more weeks.

Top 20 Review

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. One Direction - History

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
19. James Bay - Let It Go
18. Grace - You Don't Own Me
17. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
16. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out
15. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
14. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

5-Great
13. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
12. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
11. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
10. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close
9. Taylor Swift - New Romantics
8. Alessia Cara - Wild Things
7. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
6. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
5. DNCE - Toothbrush
4. P!nk - Just Like Fire
3. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
2. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
1. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills

90/100 Fantastic

Bottom 5 Songs
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
3. One Direction - History
4. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
5. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible

Top 5 Songs
1. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
2. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
3. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
4. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go
5. P!nk - Just Like Fire


This was late because I had a 4th Of July party yesterday and I have another one today, so The Hot 45 Chart will possibly be out tonight, if not, definitely tomorrow.

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

27 comments:

  1. When I saw Can't Stop The Feeling in red, I thought that you hated it because of the overplay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Fat Joe & Remy Ma/JAY Z/French Montana/InfaRed - All the Way Up

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you grew into Hello Friday I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good/bad song to me. It was blue and then it was red and now it's blue again. It's an odd/off song in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. Uh-oh. Looks like History is about to follow the same ugly path its two predecessors went down. And to think last week it was in blue... That escalated quickly!

    Good choice for your favorite song on the countdown, it is nice to have Sia after Chandelier in 2014 and Elastic Heart in 2015 (the latter of which got stuck on Hit-Bound, if memory serves), and with a cool guest act. It's a good one to jam out to, especially with Sean Paul. B)

    In the meantime, any hopes for Just Like Fire hitting #1? It was a common most wutchuwanted song, and it's been growing on me a lot recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I want Just Like Fire to hit #1. It's such a good song. I'm glad it grew on you. :)

      Delete
  7. Jack do you want a camper for your 18th birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. I'll have to wait 3 and 1/2 years though😂😂

      Delete
  8. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, look

    I don't know how to talk to you
    I don't know how to ask you if you're okay
    My friends always feel the need to tell me things
    Seems like they're just happier than us these days
    Yeah, these days I don't know how to talk to you
    I don't know how to be there when you need me
    It feels like the only time you see me
    Is when you turn your head to the side and look at me differently

    Yeah, and last night I think I lost my patience
    Last night I got high as the expectations
    Last night, I came to a realization
    And I hope you can take it
    I hope you can take it

    I'm too good to you
    I'm way too good to you
    You take my love for granted
    I just don't understand it
    No, I'm too good to you
    I'm way too good to you
    You take my love for granted
    I just don't understand it

    I don't know how to talk to you
    I just know I found myself getting lost with you
    Lately you just make me work too hard for you
    Got me on flights overseas, and I still can't get across to you

    And last night I think I lost my patience
    Last night I got high as the expectations
    Last night, I came to a realization
    And I hope you can take it
    I hope you can take it

    I'm too good to you
    I'm way too good to you
    You take my love for granted
    I just don't understand it
    No, I'm too good to you
    I'm way too good to you
    You take my love for granted
    I just don't understand it

    Years go by too fast
    I can't keep track
    How long did we last?
    I feel bad for asking
    It can't end like this
    We gotta take time with this
    Cock up yuh bumper, sit down pon it
    Let me see if this is something I can fix
    You got somebody other than me
    Don't play the victim when you're with me
    Free time is costing me more than it seems
    Sacrificing things
    And I wanna tell you my intentions
    I wanna do the things that I mention
    I wanna benefit from the friendship
    I wanna get the late night message from you, from you
    I put my hands around you
    Gotta get a handle on you
    Gotta get a handle on the fact that

    I'm too good to you
    I'm way too good to you
    You take my love for granted
    I just don't understand it
    No, I'm too good to you
    I'm way too good to you
    You take my love for granted
    I just don't understand it

    Gyal a you mi waan
    Pay fi yuh visa meck yo fly out regular
    Baby, cock up yuh bumper, sit down pon it
    Gyal yo pum pum good and yuh fit
    Mi wi give you everything weh deh in my wallet
    And in my pocket
    Cock up yuh bumper, sit down pon it
    Gyal yo pum pum good and yuh fit
    Mi wi give you everything weh deh in my wallet
    And in my pocket

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...