Saturday, July 23, 2016

Mike Posner (2) - Week Of July 23, 2016

00007507.jpg (527×296)
Hey fam! So, I was supposed to go on vacation today with 21 of my family members in the same house (no this isn't a typo), but everyone screwed up the rental date, so we're going from July 24 to July 31 now. So, I'll be going to Maine tomorrow. Posts may be delayed, and results will hopefully be out for the summer soundtrack that week. So, I'll totally give you updates and everything. Anyway let's get on to the countdown. Before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the songs leaving us this week:
  • Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (#41)
Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Andy Grammer - Honey I'm Good

45. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#43)
44. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#40)
43. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I (#45)
42. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#44)
41. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#39)
40. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#27)
39. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#42)
38. Flo Rida - My House (#37)
37. Alessia Cara - Wild Things (#32)
36. James Bay - Let It Go (#24)
35. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#34)
34. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#35)
33. Meghan Trainor - No (#36)
32. All Time Low - Missing You (#26)
31. Troye Sivan - Youth (#30)
30. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#28)
29. Symon - Say (#29)
28. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (DEBUT)
27. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#25)
26. The 1975 - The Sound (#38)
25. One Direction - History (#20)
24. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#18)
23. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#31)
22. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#21)
21. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#10)
20. Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance (#33)
19. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#22)
18. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#19)
17. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#12)
16. Kent Jones - Don't Mind (#23)
15. DNCE - Toothbrush (#16)
14. Timeflies - Once In A While (#15)
13. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#17)
12. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#13)
11. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#14)
10. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#11)
9. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#9)
8. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#8)
7. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#7) 
6. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#3)
5. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#6)
4. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#5)
3. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#2)
2. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#1)
1. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#4)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Grace - You Don't Own Me (-13)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance (+13)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Kiiara - Gold

#1 Recommendation For You: Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water

Entrants

~ So, yes, 5 Seconds Of Summer are back with the quite bland and uninteresting Girls Talk Boys. The beat is lame and their voices can be so much better, so this is a fail and their worst single released thus far. I really would like it if it weren't like their older songs and get a ton of success on the countdown, but with Hits 1's overwhelming love for them, that doesn't seem likely at all.

HitBound

  • Katy Perry - Rise
  • Jordan Fisher - All About Us
  • Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Ben Rector - Brand New
  • Demi Lovato - Body Say
  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
  • The Strumbellas - Spirits
  • Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday
  • Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
  • Alesso/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know
  • AJR - I'm Not Famous
  • Steve Aoki/Boehm/Walk The Moon - Back 2 U (DEBUT)
~ Steve Aoki/Boehm/Walk The Moon - Back 2 U is good, but nothing really special. I won't be devastated if it doesn't make it onto the countdown.

Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Katy Perry - Rise
2. Demi Lovato - Body Say
3. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
4. Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
5. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend

Girls Talk Blurbs

~ Ruth B. - Lost Boy was clearly a huge flop on this countdown. Oh well, I'll live.

~ Grace - You Don't Own Me isn't bad anymore! It's just going down the road to mediocrity.

~ Flo Rida - My House is your typical meaningless, but fun party anthem that just turns to trash very quickly. Flo Rida's music isn't something I highlight as my favorite, it's very mediocre except for a few of his singles.

~ Alessia Cara - Wild Things is clearly looking like a song that won't be lasting much more time. That's kind of a bummer.

~ Fifth Harmony - Work From Home is dying out. Maybe it can be the next Me, Myself, & I.

~ Symon - Say is old now. It is kind of like a rap/pop song, she tries to rap on several occasions and it kind of fails.

~ Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness is doing a whole lot of nothing here. Which is kind of okay to me since I'm slightly growing out of it.

~ Lukas Graham - Mama Said is so much better than 7 Years!

~ I have a feeling that Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance isn't going to last long. I think it could pull a Wild Things.

~ I'm kind of still liking Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out. It should be dropping though.

~ Panic! At The Disco - Victorious needs to drop. Like now.

~ Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For has a special uncredited guest! Taylor Swift! Yes, yes, yes. I noticed that.

~ Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills better hit the top spot. I really love this song.

~ Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza is okay at this point. It being at the peak is kind of okay but kind of annoying.

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Flo Rida - My House
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
3. Zayn - Pillowtalk
4. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
5. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
2. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
3. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
4. P!nk - Just Like Fire
5. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For

The Hot 45 Chart will be out soon! 

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

11 comments:

  1. Yep, I called your new pick for least favorite song. I had a feeling that one would be orange eventually. It's been here since November I think, that definitely hasn't helped.

    I still like You Don't Own Me, but it is growing out of me a little and I really wish Hits 1 hadn't taken out G-Eazy from it. :/ Without him, the song is way too short.

    As stupid as those children in Mama Said is, I just can't hate it like a lot of people do. It's stupid, but not something to really get angry at, at least for me.

    And looking at your Hit-Bound review...wow, great minds really think different, huh? To each their own, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was I being mean to him? All I did was express my own thoughts, I don't think "Great minds think different" is being rude.

      Delete
    2. Scott is fine Chase, he's okay.

      Delete
  2. Our least favorite song on Hitbound is the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least there's one thing I agree with you on; Rise is the best song on Hit-Bound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And on that note, you probably have already seen this by now, but Cheap Thrills just reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100! There's something to get excited about (;

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...