Saturday, July 16, 2016

Justin Timberlake (5) - Week Of July 16, 2016

be03a08d.png (789×415)
Welcome back everyone! I don't want to go on and on in this introduction, so let's just get started. Here's our exits:

  • Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (#35)
  • Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#36)
  • Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#43)
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! 
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance
The Countdown:

45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I (#39)
44. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#24)
43. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#45)
42. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#42)
41. Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (#41)
40. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#28)
39. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#37)
38. 1975 - The Sound (DEBUT)
37. Flo Rida - My House (#31)
36. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
35. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#33)
34. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#34)
33. Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance (DEBUT)
32. Alessia Cara - Wild Things (#19)
31. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (DEBUT)
30. Troye Sivan - Youth (#29)
29. Symon - Say (DEBUT)
28. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#32)
27. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#21)
26. All Time Low - Missing You (#26)
25. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#27)
24. James Bay - Let It Go (#11)
23. Kent Jones - Don't Mind (#25)
22. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#40)
21. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#17)
20. One Direction - History (#8)
19. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#23)
18. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#18)
17. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#22)
16. DNCE - Toothbrush (#20)
15. Timeflies - Once In A While (#15)
14. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#30)
13. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#9)
12. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#14)
11. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#10)
10. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#16)
9. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#13)
8. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#12)
7. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#6)
6. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#3)
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#4)
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#7)
3. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#2)
2. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#5)
1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: X Ambassadors - Unsteady (-20)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (+18)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Ariana Grande - Into You (I'm begging you!)

#1 Recommendation For You: Katy Perry - Rise (Listen to it!)

Entrants

~ First up this week is 1975 with The Sound. I understand that Hits 1 likes to explore other artists, but sometimes that fails. I mean, this song is definitely nothing special and I dislike it much more than their previous countdown song from a few years ago, Chocolate, that one was great I have to admit. So, this song is nothing worth freaking out over and to be honest, I really don't see Hits 1 keeping it for long.

~ Next up is Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance. This song is not as nearly as good as it was to me at first listen. Radio kind of killed it for me and now Hits 1 is picking it up late like Hotline Bling. If this has the same kind of tenure like Hotline Bling then I won't really be phased by it. I will probably get sick of it very soon anyway. It has a great tropical vibe and I like the sound, it's just getting a tad old.

~ Lukas Graham is back with Mama Said. This song was frankly almost unappealing at first listen. Then, I just listened to it a few more times to cure my boredom and well, it's got a catchy vibe to it, I'll give it that. So, it's green for the time being but don't be surprised if it's back to blue in a few weeks. It's just one of those songs. I kind of want it to take a smaller path than 7 Years because that got killed by airplay quickly.

~ Symon is here with her first countdown song, Say. This song was great for a long while, but now it's just kind of mediocre. It was stranded on HitBound for too long and got a little old in the process. So, I don't care if it flops or not, I don't really care for it at this point.

HitBound

  • Alesso/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know
  • Demi Lovato - Body Say (DEBUT)
  • The Strumbellas - Spirits
  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
  • Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (DEBUT)
  • Jordan Fisher - All About Us
  • Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild (DEBUT)
  • Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (DEBUT)
  • AJR - I'm Not Famous 
  • Ben Rector - Brand New
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
  • Katy Perry - Rise (DEBUT)
~ Demi Lovato is back with Body Say. This song is amazing! Heart Attack was previously her best song, but this one comes pretty close to being it. I just love her voice and the lyrics. It's so sultry. This song better debut the countdown because it's just too good.

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer are back with a disappointment track, Girls Talk Boys. This is their worst single thus far. It lacks something that makes all the rest of their songs better. I would prefer if it didn't debut on the countdown.

~ Troye Sivan and Alessia Cara make a fantastic team! I'm so glad they decided to team up for Wild, because their voices mix great together. They should literally be a duo, their voices are so amazing together. I really would love it if this song debuted on the countdown.

~ Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend is debuting here a tad late but it's still a great song so I don't care. I'm hoping it reaches the countdown.

~ Katy Perry is back people! This time with the uplifting track, Rise! I am having huge hopes that this will debut the countdown. It's definitely a great track.

Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Demi Lovato - Body Say
2. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
3. Katy Perry - Rise
4. Jordan Fisher - All About Us
5. Magic! - Red Dress

One Blurb

~ I have grown back into Rihanna/Drake - Work, but it won't last long.

~ I had a feeling Ruth B. - Lost Boy would be a flop. It doesn't phase me at this point, though.

~ I'm hoping Fifth Harmony - Work From Home can make a rebound, but that doesn't seem likely at this point in time.

~ Alessia Cara - Wild Things clearly looks like it won't last long. I'm hoping it can stay, but I just don't know.

~ I have listened to Grace - You Don't Own Me several times to rescue me from my apathy. It just doesn't seem like a pleasant song to listen to anymore.

~ Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness is clearly doing nothing. It's actually annoying considering it's a catchy song.

~ Kent Jones - Don't Mind has slightly lost my interest. I still like it though.

~ One Direction - History was destined to drop. A few years without them will be fine.

~ DNCE - Toothbrush better keep going. So good.

~ Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out should be dropping, but I don't care.

~ Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman is still one of my main jams. Such a good and sexy song.

~ Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills better hit the top spot next week. I'm so mad that it didn't this week. So good.

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
3. Grace - You Don't Own Me
4. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
5. Flo Rida - My House

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
2. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
3. Meghan Trainor - Me Too
4. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
5. P!nk - Just Like Fire

The Hot 45 Chart will probably be out tomorrow morning or late tonight. I don't know yet.

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

6 comments:

  1. I don't see what's so good about Dangerous Woman. It's nothing but a huge step down from the singles from My Everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do at least like the guitar solo, which unfortunately Hits 1 cuts out half of. Those aren't something common in pop music nowadays.

      Delete
    2. Her newest album has the best music she's ever made besides I Don't Care. Otherwise, her music lately is amazing!!

      Delete
  2. The Hot 45 Chart will be happening tomorrow. Gotta catch some z's. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the Hot 45 Chart?

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...