Saturday, June 25, 2016

Mike Posner (1) - Week Of June 25, 2016

mikeposner_itookapillinibizaremix.jpg (474×266)
Hey guys! So, this was my first full week of summer. I hope you all had a good week, as so did I. Now, before we get going with this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the song we're saying goodbye to:
  • The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses (#41)
Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - New Romantics
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance

45. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#43)
44. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (#44)
43. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I (#45)
42. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#38)
41. Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (#37)
40. All Time Low - Missing You (#36)
39. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#39)
38. Meghan Trainor - No (#42)
37. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#28)
36. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#21)
35. Troye Sivan - Youth (#35)
34. Flo Rida - My House (#29) [1 Week At #1]
33. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#30)
32. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (DEBUT)
31. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#18) [4 Weeks At #1]
30. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (#32) 
29. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#24)
28. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (#17)
27. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#40)
26. Timeflies - Once In A While (#27)
25. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#26)
24. Alessia Cara - Wild Things (#34)
23. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#12) [1 Week At #1]
22. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#25) 
21. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#22)
20. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#31)
19. DNCE - Toothbrush (#33)
18. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#19)
17. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#20)
16. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#13)
15. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#4) [5 Weeks At #1]
14. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#23)
13. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#16)
12. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#5)
11. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#9)
10. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#11)
9. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#15)
8. One Direction - History (#7) 
7. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#14)
6. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#10)
5. James Bay - Let It Go (#6)
4. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
3. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#8)
2. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
1. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#3) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: DNCE - Toothbrush (+14)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Galantis - No Money

#1 Recommendation For You: Beyonce - Sorry

Entrant Reviews

~ Well, we only have one new entrant this week and that entrant would be Treat You Better from returning artist Shawn Mendes. Lyrically, this song is slightly dry, meaning the lyrics aren't the best. Vocally, he is astounding and sounds very less mediocre than in his other songs like Believe and Stitches, where the vocals were okay, then they took a turn to being plain and overall, bland. Overall, I'd say this is a win for Mendes and I'm thinking everyone else will like it as much as me and have it move forward on the countdown to a reasonable peak.

HitBound

  • Ben Rector - Brand New
  • Alesso/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know
  • Lukas Graham - Mama Said
  • Jordan Fisher - All About Us
  • Kent Jones - Don't Mind
  • Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
  • 1975 - The Sound
  • Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday
  • AJR - I'm Not Famous
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Symon - Say
  • Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence
~ We only have one new entrant to HitBound this week as well, and that is Lukas Graham - Mama Said. This song was an uninteresting piece of music at first listen, not to mention the annoyance that a large percentage of the lyrics convey. I listened to it again, and in the middle, I realized that he has some decent vocals that allowed the song to be somewhat likable. Don't expect me to like this song for much longer, because it has a good amount of flaws, and one shining piece of work made me like it somehow, so I really would appreciate it if this song didn't graduate HitBound. It's from 2014 as well, which makes no sense in retrospect.

Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Jordan Fisher - All About Us
2. Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
3. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
4. Kent Jones - Don't Mind
5. Ben Rector - Brand New

Blurb You Better

~ So, G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I has finally slightly grown out on me. It took quite a while, but it was a really likeable song in my defense.

~ So, it doesn't look like Ruth B. - Lost Boy will last on this countdown. I'm thinking it has a chance of leaving next week. I don't care, because it doesn't matter at this point either way in my opinion.

~ Zara Larsson is a young artist that deserves recognition, and I can say the same about collaborator, MNEK. So, why does this have to happen to Never Forget You? Well, I have no idea, in a right mind, this song deserves a high amount of recognition because the song is definitely a good single to start off your fame with.

~ OneRepublic - Wherever I Go clearly isn't going to last much longer unless something happens to prove me wrong. It's such a shame.

~ Well, we got DNCE - Cake By The Ocean into the bottom half of the countdown, something that I wasn't expecting.

~ Alessia Cara is a new artist and she's deserving some recognition, which I'm grateful for. Wild Things is too much of a good song to have dishonored recognition.

~ The Summer Set - Figure Me Out is a song that is good, but it's just a space filler, it's a very good song, but I just don't see the great appeal about it, it's catchy and that's pretty much it.

~ Fifth Harmony - Work From Home seemingly will never grow out on me. I'll keep this song around for quite a while.

~ Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman made it to the top 10. This is a very good thing, and oddly, it just keeps getting better each time I listen to it.

~ Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills caught on quick. Three weeks and it's already in the top 10. That's great.

~ James Bay - Let It Go is just a song that is okay and it will probably stay that way in my opinion for a long time.

~ We got P!nk - Just Like Fire into the top 5. This is amazing.

~ I am glad we have a good number one song. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza was well worthy of this position.

Top 20 Review

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
20. One Direction - History
19. James Bay - Let It Go
18. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

4-Good
17. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
16. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out
15. Grace - You Don't Own Me
14. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
13. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

5-Great
12. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
11. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
10. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close
9. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
8. Taylor Swift - New Romantics
7. DNCE - Toothbrush
6. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
5. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
4. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
3. P!nk - Just Like Fire
2. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness
1. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

89/100 Fantastic

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2. Flo Rida - My House
3. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
4. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
5. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious

Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
2. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness
3. P!nk - Just Like Fire
4. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
5. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home

The Hot 45 Chart will most likely be out tomorrow, maybe later today. 

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)







16 comments:

  1. So apparently this guy uses newer Apple headphones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that confused me too. Just delete it because it makes no sense.

      Delete
    2. I think it regards my profile picture...

      Delete
    3. The newer Apple earbuds are straight up bullshit and I don't see why people use them. I use the older ones.

      Delete
    4. I have the newer and the older. Plugged into my computer right now are the newer ones.

      Delete
    5. I'm using my old ones to listen to my jam Into You right now

      Delete
    6. That pic was from over a year ago. I have Beats rn so I don't use them anymore.

      Delete
    7. I mean I still use earbuds, but I have headphones so there is no need.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Only 1/5 of these songs you have as anything lower than pink, and over half the countdown in green. This one must have been fun to make. I'm also quite content with the Top 10 as it is.

    And I still like MM&I as well, because in a way it's a relatable song with the whole "I don't need anybody and don't like being with others" concept.

    And yes, someone other than me who doesn't like Hello Friday, even by both Flo Rida AND Jason Derulo's low standards the song does nothing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Friday has an annoying meaning behind it. Flo Rida's songs are fun but they don't have good meanings behind them, this one's neither fun or has a good meaning.

      Delete
  3. Jack if you didn't see I gave you a shoutout on Twitter

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...