Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Reviews From Jack: Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

Hello guys! So, two major tragedies happened this weekend in the city of Orlando. First, on Friday night, voice alum Christina Grimmie was shot at a meet and greet after her concert and died on Saturday morning from the gunshot wounds. Then, on Sunday morning, a terrorist shooting happened at a gay nightclub in Orlando, which killed 50 and injured 53, and the number of deaths are still rising as loved ones still haven't heard about their family. These are two unspeakable tragedies out of hate. These murders are so awful. I could go on and on about these tragedies, but I have promised you guys an album review. So, before we get going let us use the hashtags in the comments #PrayForChristina and #PrayForOrlando
ariana-bw.jpg (620×395)
So, onto the main attraction that you all came for. A review of the fairly new album, Dangerous Woman from Ariana Grande. This album has 15 songs and I have to say it is a great album. Ariana Grande almost never disappoints me. She has a great vocal range. She probably has the best vocal range for the female artists of this time. On this album there's only one song that I slightly dislike and you will find that out in the review. So, let's get going.














1. Moonlight
This is a very sweet song and Ariana has great vocals on this track. It almost feels like a more mature follow up track from her freshman album, Yours Truly. Overall, it has a great lyrical setup and has a very grown up, generous feeling.

8.5/10

2. Dangerous Woman
As you all should know by now, I have strong opinions on this song and they are very good ones, I might say. Ariana stepped it up on this track and it has a great kind of pop/R&B feel. It has some "dangerous" lyrics, no pun-intended, even through I'm kidding. Overall, she did great on this track and her vocals are on point. One of the flawless tracks on this album

10/10

3. Be Alright
This is actually a more 90's inspired dance track. I really think Ariana was attempting to do this for a more of a song that you can get down to in a club. Let me tell you, she did fairly good on this. It wasn't perfect, but it was good. Overall, a good party track.

8.5/10

4. Into You
First, let me say that this is an amazing, sweet song. Ariana has the most astounding vocals in this song. The high notes are hit so well and she really mixes the balance of low and high tones in the track. This is definitely one of the best, if not the best song from the album.

10/10        

5. Side To Side (ft. Nicki Minaj)
Ariana has collaborated with Nicki Minaj before and this is in fact her third time collaborating with her, and this song had a great outcome just like the others that they joined forces in. Ariana and Nicki both contribute great amounts to the song, Ariana's vocals are done good and Nicki's rapping is phenomenal. Overall, a good track to jam out to.

9.5/10

6. Let Me Love You (ft. Lil Wayne)
Ariana has collaborated with underrated rappers before on her sophmore album, like Childish Gambino and A$AP Ferg, but on her junior album she stepped it up and decided to collaborate with more known rappers like Lil Wayne and Future. Even though all four are good, this track shines in comparison to the other three. Ariana's vocals are very sultry and very mature in this song, and Lil Wayne's verse at the beginning waters the song down, and then his rap makes the song's potential amazing. This was one of the great tracks from the album.

9.5/10

7. Greedy
This song is so good, especially the opening note. Ariana is so good in the chorus and I can't believe how well she does in the song. Seriously, this is pretty much flawless. Everything is perfect.

10/10

8. Leave Me Lonely (ft. Macy Gray)
This song, oh, this song. Macy Gray's voice at the beginning is so dark and mysterious it just makes you want to keep listening to see what awaits you. At first, I didn't think I was going to like this one, but boy was I wrong. This song really tests the vocal range of both Ariana and Macy and the production and lyrical content was so well put together. I just can't stop singing it. It would go so good in a mysterious, sexy movie, like possibly the next installment of Fifty Shades Of Grey. This is one of the best songs that the album has to offer.

10/10

9. Everyday (ft. Future)
This song has some very fixable flaws. For example, the overall lyrical production isn't great, but Ariana's vocals make up for that. It does get a tad annoying with the word "everyday" getting repeated, but then you get used to it so it's fine, Future didn't do bad, but it could've been better. Overall, this song definitely wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. It just feels like it was put together at the last minute and they got a little lazy with it. It's still a song that gets me dancing and not the worst on the album.

8.5/10

10. Sometimes
I know that this is a girly track, but it's really good. Ariana really made up for this, because to be honest, I didn't like it as much as I do now after first listen. It grew into me slightly and now it's really good. The best part about the song is the chorus.

9/10

11. I Don't Care
This is the song. This is the song that "I don't care" for, again no pun-intended, but really just kidding. This song really is a watered down song follow up to some of the songs from My Everything. I just really can't see anything that stands out in my face from this song. It's good, but seriously, the worst on the album, even though it's not bad.

7/10

12. Bad Decisions
Yes! Yes! Yes! Ariana kills it on this song. I love when she says the line "ain't you ever seen a princess be a bad b*tch? Yes! This has amazing lyrical content to fit the meaning of the song, a diss at Big Sean, that she says he made her lick the donuts and make, essentially the wrong decisions. It's just so irresistible and infectious. A standout track for sure.

10/10

13. Touch It
This is a sexy song, and it really brings out the mature songs that Ari was really aiming for. I just have to say that it's a really catchy tune and always has me singing along.

9.5/10

14. Knew Better/Forever Boy
This one was a little different, but not bad. I think an a/b side track was a strange fit for this album, but I liked it. Overall, Ari's vocals weren't bad at all, it got a little slow during the middle though, which kind of affected my opinion as the song as a whole.

8/10

15. Thinking Bout You
This is a great song and it's just one of those love songs from Ari, picking up from her last album. This was just an amazing, standout tune, and I love it, a definite perfect song yet again.

10/10

That's all I have for you today! The 30,000/15,000 Pageview Special Idea Pitch should be coming on Thursday, as scheduled, I have some good ideas communicating in my brain at the moment, and there will hopefully be a special out soon when I give you the pitch. Please go view The Hot 45 Chart in video form and vote for your top 10 songs if you haven't already, because the songs you vote for will have chart success.

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

















5 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...