Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Chainsmokers (3) - Week Of December 29, 2018












Hey guys! We have finally reached the final countdown of 2018! As for the last week of each year, there is usually nothing much going on. That proved true this week. There wasn't a whole lot that went down, which is okay. Anyways, there were no exits this week--so let's get right to it. 

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Halsey - Bad At Love

The Countdown
45. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#45) [2 Weeks At #1]
44. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#44)
43. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (#41)
42. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me (#39)
41. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle (#40) [9 Weeks At #1]
40. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (#42)
39. George Ezra - Shotgun (#43)
38. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#38)
37. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#33)
36. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#36) [4 Weeks At #1]
35. Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (#35)
34. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way (#32)
33. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#29)
32. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#30)
31. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#37)
30. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#28)
29. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#21)
28. Shawn Mendes - Nervous (#26)
27. David Guetta & Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#31)
26. James Arthur - Empty Space (#34)
25. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#15)
24. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#24)
23. Lauren Jauregui - Exepectations (#23)
22. Olly Murs - Moves (#22)
21. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (#25)
20. lovelytheband - Broken (#18)
19. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#27)
18. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#20) [1 Week At #1]
17. Ariana Grande - Breathin (#19)
16. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#12)
15. benny blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#13)
14. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#14)
13. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#11)
12. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#9)
11. Camila Cabello - Consequences (#20)
10. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#16)
9. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#10)
8. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#7) [2 Weeks At #1]
7. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#6)
6. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#8)
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
4. Halsey - Without Me (#4)
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
2. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#3) [2 Weeks At #1]
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between James Arthur - Empty Space and Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (+8)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Imagine Dragons - Zero


Hit-Bound
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Pitbull & Rhea - Ocean To Ocean
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
  • Lauren Daigle - You Say
  • benny blanco & Calvin Harris - I Found You
  • Dan + Shay - Speechless
  • Seeb & Bastille - Grip
  • Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe
  • Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
  • Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely
  • Imagine Dragons - Machine
  • Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
  • Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
  • Khalid - Better
  • Dean Lewis - Be Alright
My Bottom 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Pitbull & Rhea - Ocean To Ocean
2. Dan + Shay - Speechless
3. Imagine Dragons - Machine
4. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
2. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
3. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
4. Lauren Daigle - You Say
5. Dean Lewis - Be Alright


Blurb To Me

~ I would have expected to see This Feeling fall from #1 spot by now, but it is hanging on. Although I would prefer this week's #2 at #1, this one does suffice. 

~ Anne-Marie - 2002 needs to leave the top 10, the top 20, the top 30, the top 40, the countdown already. It needs to go. The same goes for any song that is in red this week. This is one of the worst batches of bad songs that we have had in a while.

~ It is good to see a fresh face in the top 10 this week. I am happy to see that Body Talks has got this far on the countdown. I always had expected it to flop. 

~ Consequences is inching closer to the top 10. I am happy about that, but I know that it will not last for long.

~ Even if Thank U, Next is the song that Hits 1 prefers to have in the top 10, I am still happy that Breathin has managed to hold a spot in the top 20. This one is equally as good as Consequences, and I will now dub it the best song on the countdown. This one gets better and better after each listen.

~ I am starting to lose interest in Lauren Jauregui - Expectations. I do understand the boring effect of the song now--there is not much here to thoroughly enjoy. But, it is still okay.

~ I am kind of sad to see that success from Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho fall so short. Hopefully it can regain access into the top 20 again.

~ Aside from all of that, not much else happened this week--except for the fact that there were no exits. Additionally, I have received comments on my worst list of 2018--saying that my picks were not in line. However, it is my opinion. You can see if you agree by clicking here. Additionally, you can see the other half of the year's review post by clicking here. My list for my personal top 45 songs of the year will be out very soon.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review! 

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Anne-Marie - 2002
18. Imagine Dragons - Natural
17. benny blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
16. lovelytheband - Broken 

2-Mediocre
15. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
14. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies

5-Great
13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
12. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It 
11. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
10. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
9. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
8. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
7. Halsey - Without Me
6. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
5. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
3. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
1. Ariana Grande - Breathin
1. Camila Cabello - Consequences

Score: 75% (C)


Best Countdown Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Camila Cabello - Havana


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
1. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
3. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
4. Imagine Dragons - Natural
5. Anne-Marie - 2002

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Consequences
1. Ariana Grande - Breathin
3. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
5. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You

Thanks for reading!

~ Jack :)       







 
    

5 comments:

  1. FIRST.
    And before I get to this thing you posted. I j...... holy sugar!!! Side Effects is so fudging crap and it needs to leave the countdown very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hits 1 Recommendations for the New Year 2019:
    Greta van Fleet - You're the One
    Cardi B - Money
    Paul McCartney - I Don't Know
    Jake Miller - Wait for You
    NF - If You Want Love
    3LetterzNUK/Marco Foster - I Wonder
    Ariana Grande - imagine
    Post Malone - Wow.
    Lil Wayne/Swizz Beatz - Uproar
    benny blanco & Juice WRLD/Brendon Urie - Roses
    Andrea Bocelli & Dua Lipa - If Only
    Bad Bunny/Drake - MIA
    Dillon Francis/Lao Ra - White Boi
    for KING & COUNTRY - joy.
    Travis Scott & Skrillex/Drake/Swae Lee/Big Hawk - SICKO MODE
    5 Seconds of Summer/Julia Michaels - Lie to Me
    Sam Smith - Fire on Fire

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...