Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Chainsmokers (1) - Week Of December 15, 2018












Hey guys! I hope that you all had a fantastic week. I will soon begin giving you year-end posts that I am really excited about! With all of that excitement, the countdown, as always, must come first. This week was a lot more eventful. We now have a fresh #1 song, which is good, but we also lost a couple of good songs this week. So, all in all, it was an okay week--I suppose. Anyways, before we get to this week's fresh 45, here's the songs that we are saying goodbye to this week. 
  • Loud Luxury/brando - Body (#34)
  • Alex Aiono - Big Mistake (#36)
  • Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#45)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Camila Cabello - Havana
Last Week's #1 Song: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood

The Countdown
45. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises (#43)
44. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#44) [2 Weeks At #1]
43. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#42) [3 Weeks At #1]
42. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (#41)
41. George Ezra - Shotgun (#37)
40. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle (#38) [9 Weeks At #1]
39. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#39)
38. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#40)
37. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#33)
36. Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (#30)
35. Olly Murs - Moves (DEBUT)
34. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#35) [4 Weeks At #1]
33. Shawn Mendes & Zedd - Lost In Japan (#32)
32. Lauren Jauregui - Expectations (DEBUT)
31. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#31) [1 Week At #1]
30. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (DEBUT)
29. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#20)
28. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#28)
27. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#25)
26. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#26)
25. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way (#29)
24. David Guetta & Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#22)
23. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#27)
22. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (#19)
21. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (#18)
20. Camila Cabello - Consequences (#16)
19. Shawn Mendes - Nervous (#13)
18. Benny Blanco /Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#24)
17. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#15)
16. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#21)
15. lovelytheband - Broken (#11)
14. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#17)
13. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#9)
12. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#14)
11. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#23)
10. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#10)
9. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#8)
8. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#7) [2 Weeks At #1]
7. Ariana Grande - Breathin (#12)
6. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#5) [1 Week At #1]
5. Halsey - Without Me (#6)
4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#1) [5 Weeks At #1]
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#3) [8 Weeks At #1]
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (-9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+12)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Peter Manos - In My Head


New Entrants

~ First up this week we have the return of Olly Murs, after a bit of a hiatus, with Moves. This one is definitely different from what we have heard from him in the past. This song has a nice groove to it, different from his previous singles. I hope to see him release more like this in the future, because it is a good sound for him. I hope this one does well here. 

~ Our next debut this week comes from emerging solo artist and former Fifth Harmony member, Lauren Jauregui. She brings us Expectations. Personally, I like this song. I believe that all of the Fifth Harmony girls are extremely talented. While I do not think Lauren is the most talented, I do still thoroughly enjoy her solo projects. I like how this song conveys the troubled waters of love in such a unique way. I like that aspect almost as much as the other aspects of this track. The only thing I have criticism of is the chorus. The vocals aren't very strong there, but the rest of the song's content outweighs the bad. I'd like to see this one have some decent success, though.

~ Our third and final debut of the week comes from newcomer Ava Max with Sweet But Psycho. I have had this song in my sights for months now, and it just gets catchier after every listen. I like her voice, and I find this song just fun and enjoyable. I am hoping to see this one do well on the countdown.

Best New Entrant Of The Week: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho


Hit-Bound
  • Dan + Shay - Speechless
  • Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely
  • Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
  • Seeb & Bastille - Grip (DEBUT)
  • Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
  • Imagine Dragons - Machine
  • Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me
  • Dean Lewis - Be Alright
  • Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
  • Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
  • James Arthur - Empty Space
  • Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999 (DEBUT)
  • Khalid - Better
  • Lauren Daigle - You Say (DEBUT)
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
~ Our first new Hit-Bound entrant this week comes from both Seeb and Bastille. They bring Grip to the table. Seeb was featured on the remix of Mike Posner's I Took A Pill In Ibiza a couple of years ago, which is where you may know them from. They are very talented producers, and their work on Grip is very good. Bastille, as always sound good. I like how they are featured on electronic-influenced tracks in an increasing manner lately. This may be better than Happier, maybe not. We will have to see. In all, though, I would like to see this one debut on the countdown soon. 

~ Second up this week, we have a pair that I would have never thought to see collaborate. Charli XCX and Troye Sivan bring 1999 to Hit-Bound this week. I am a big fan of this song. Both of these artists have clashing styles, so I was doubtful going into this one. I guess opposites do attract sometimes, though. I hope to see this one debut on the countdown, it is just a really unique and funky song.

~ Finally, we have Lauren Daigle - You Say. This one has been around for a while now and I have been waiting for it to make it to Hits 1. This song is very slow and dialed back, and I like it. Lauren Daigle has a very nice voice, and I love the instrumentals in this track. This song, in the end, is just simply uplifting and it always puts me in a good mood. I have heard a good chunk of her newest album, and it is really good. I hope that we hear more from her in the mainstream arena in the future. I also hope to see this one graduate from Hit-Bound in the near future.

My Bottom 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Dan+Shay - Speechless
2. Imagine Dragons - Machine
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
4. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
5. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
2. Lauren Daigle - You Say
3. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
4. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
5. Seeb & Bastille - Grip


Blurb But Psycho

~ We now see The Chainsmokers and Kelsea Ballerini rise to the top with This Feeling. I am still a fan of this song, and I am glad to see it snatch the #1 spot away from the two songs that were playing ping pong with it (aka Youngblood and High Hopes). It is just nice to see something new atop the countdown.

~ Ariana Grande - Breathin has entered the top 10. I am very happy about this. Hopefully we can push this up to #1, its that good.

~ Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It has surged again. This time it makes it close to the top 10. Next week, we will probably seeing it make its way down again.  

~ Tequila has left the top 10, and hopefully for good.

~ Both Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly and Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way are both having slow rises, but hopefully we can see both of them in the top 20 soon.

~ It looks like the run of Shallow is sadly coming to an end. I think I say it every week, but it is sad that it is coming to an end just as I began to like it.

~ As far as the exits go, I am sad to see God Is A Woman go, but it was time. Big Mistake's run was far too short here, and I am sad to see that one go as well. It was time for Body to go as well. That one was getting old.

~ The results for the rankdown that I am hosting are in full swing. The latest round of results was just posted! Check it out in the pages section, or by clicking here.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Anne-Marie - 2002
18. Imagine Dragons - Natural
17. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes 

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
16. lovelytheband - Broken
15. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
14. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies 

4-Good
NONE

5-Great
13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
12. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
11. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
10. Shawn Mendes - Nervous
9. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
8. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
7. Halsey - Without Me
6. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
5. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
4. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
3. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
2. Ariana Grande - Breathin
1. Camila Cabello - Consequences

Score: 77% (C)


Favorite Countdown Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Camila Cabello - Havana


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
2. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
3. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
4. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises
5. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Consequences
2. Ariana Grande - Breathin
3. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You
4. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
5. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
 
Have a great week!

~ Jack :) 
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...