Sunday, November 18, 2018

Marshmello (2) - Week Of November 17, 2018













Hey everyone! I realize that I have not done a countdown review in a long time, but as I said last week...I am trying to get this blog going again. If you did not see last week's post; please, please, please check it out here. Besides the fact, this week wasn't too bad. We continue to have a good #1 song and a well deserved biggest jump and biggest drop. However, there are no songs leaving this week, so let's just get right into the fresh 45. 

Last Week's #1 Song: Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: P!nk - What About Us

The Countdown 
45. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (#43)
44. George Ezra - Shotgun (#42)
43. NF - Lie (#45)
42. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#44) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. Kim Petras - Heart To Break (#39)
40. Tiësto & Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#41)
39. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
38. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#25)
37. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#40) [4 Weeks At #1]
36. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#35)
35. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#17)
34. LSD - Thunderclouds (#33)
33. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#38) [1 Week At #1]
32. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle (#30) [9 Weeks At #1]
31. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#28)
30. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#21)
29. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#13)
28. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#27)
27. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (#34)
26. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#23)
25. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free (#20)
24. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#19)
23. Loud Luxury/brando - Body (#25)
22. Ariana Grande - Breathin (#29)
21. Alex Aiono - Big Mistake (#32)
20. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#31)
19. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#22)
18. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#16)
17. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze (#24)
16. Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (#14)
15. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#15)
14. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises (#18)
13. lovelytheband - Broken (#10)
12. Halsey - Without Me (#12)
11. Shawn Mendes & Zedd - Lost In Japan (#11)
10. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#5)
9. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#26)
8. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#9)
7. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#6) [2 Weeks At #1]
6. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#7)
5. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#8) [1 Week At #1]
4. Normani & Khalid - Love Lies (#4)
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2) [7 Weeks At #1]
2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#3) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#1) [2nd Week At #1] 

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (-18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+17)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Gabbie Hanna - Monster


Hit-Bound  
  • David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone 
  • Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way
  • Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
  • Imagine Dragons - Machine
  • Lauren Jauregui - Expectations
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
  • Olly Murs - Moves
  • Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
  • Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
  • Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me
  • Shawn Mendes - Nervous 
  • Camila Cabello - Consequences
  • Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me
  • Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly 
  • Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks  
1. Camila Cabello - Consequences
2. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
3. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way 
4. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me
5. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower 


Blurb Mistake

~ We see a continuation of Happier at the top of the countdown. I am happy to see this one doing so well. When I first heard this song, I wasn't sure that it was going to take off, but it has in all arenas. All set aside, I hope to see this one continue to do well, as it is one of the best songs here right now.

~ We see a well deserved jump from Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It this week. Hopefully we can see this one replace High Hopes soon, as that one is fading on me a little bit.

~ Our top 20 is pretty clear of all of the bad songs, so that is good. If only we could get 2002 and Tequila out of here. I did not expect either of them to take off this much, especially 2002.

~ Body was a hit months ago, I am not sure why it has shown up to Hits 1 so late, but I suppose that sometimes that is just how it is here.

~ I am not very happy about the fall of Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You this week. This is one of my favorite songs at the moment, and one of the most successful songs in America no doubt. I am not sure why it hasn't been too successful here.

~ Charlie Puth - The Way I Am took a big fall this week. I am glad about this. I used to think this song was good, but it got pretty old really quick.

~ The entire bottom five is filled with good songs. I really hope to see none of them exit soon, but it is inevitable. I would rather see songs like Jackie Chan, Say Amen (Saturday Night), and Lucid Dreams leave. They have been done to death.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila


1-Bad
19. Anne-Marie - 2002

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
18. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises
17. Imagine Dragons - Natural 

4-Good
16. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

5-Great
15. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside
14. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze
13. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
12. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
11. lovelytheband - Broken
10. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
9. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
8. Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity 
7. Normani & Khalid - Love Lies
6. Shawn Mendes & Zedd - Lost In Japan
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
4. Halsey - Without Me
3. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
2. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
1. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier

Score: 86% (B)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
2. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free
3. Anne-Marie - 2002
4. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
5. Tiësto & Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Ariana Grande - Breathin
2. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You
3. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
4. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
5. Taylor Swift - Delicate


Before I sign off, I hope that you all consider participating in my year-end rankdown. The link to the google form and directions and list for ranking will be listed below.


Form: https://goo.gl/forms/1y6eHcUYp6gO7XnF3

Directions/List: http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2018/11/200000-pageview-special-2018-year-end.html

Hope you enjoyed!

~ Jack :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I totally agree with your favourite countdown song.

    If you’re interested, we all a Discord server. It’s a much more streamlined way for all of us to communicate and discuss music. The best part about it that Chasetronaut refuses to join. You can join using this link: https://discord.gg/tjvhgQS

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...