Monday, November 12, 2018

200,000 Pageview Special & A 2018 Year-End Special: Hot 45 Chart Hot 80 Rankdown

*DISCLAIMER: Pulse Music Board receives credit for this idea. 
 
Hey guys! I am sorry that I have not been as consistent with my posting this year. I am trying to do better with everything, and I hope to start with a clean slate when the new year comes. In the meantime, I still am going to try to be fully active through the last few weeks of the year. I will be dedicating my time to feeding you more content, as well as giving you some interactive content to participate in...and of course, I will be putting out those year-end posts, as they are always my favorites to do. 

This post has been one that has been in the making since the summer and has been one I was projecting to release towards the end of the year. I have seen this idea play out across several other music blogs in the community since it was introduced by Pulse Music Board, and I have come to like this concept immensely. At the same time, I see this as an opportunity to catch all of you up on my personal Hot 45 Chart, which has still been going on behind the scenes. Depending on how this plays out, I would love to do more of these in the future. 

For any of you wondering how this is to work, I will be listing the 80 most successful songs off of my personal chart this year, with each song reaching a peak somewhere in the upper half of my chart. You must rank each song according to your opinion on that song. So, your #1 pick would be your favorite from the list, and your #80 pick would be your least favorite from the list. Your list is unique to you. After the submissions of opinion-based lists are finalized, I will average the ranks for each song on the original chart, and present them based upon their averaged ranks--lowest to highest. The results will have some method of posting, that is yet to be announced. Each song presented in the rank down will be accompanied by its average rank, standard deviation, median rank, original spot on the chart, each participant's rank of the song, and little tidbits of statistics here and there. 

I know my recent inactivity on this blog will hinder your participation in this contest, but I am hoping for at least ten participants if you are looking for something fun to do in your free time. I will give you plenty of time to submit your results, so I am hoping that will prompt some of you to participate (fingers crossed). All in all, I am hoping to have a fresh start here, and have this blog running better than ever. 2018 has just been a busy and rough year for me personally; which has let a lot of my time slip away from me. But, I am going to try my hardest to make this blog a priority.  

Anyways, to submit your rankings, all you have to do is enter them into a Google Form, which I will link below. The form will ask for your name, so please use a name that will show me a sense of who is participating, but "Anonymous" is a perfectly acceptable pseudonym if you would like to keep your privacy during this process. Then, all that's left to do is enter your top 80 from the list in the order in which you ultimately decided. If you have any questions about this process feel free to address them in the comments section below. 

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/1y6eHcUYp6gO7XnF3

As for the submission deadline, I understand that the process will take some time. Currently, the deadline for submissions is Saturday, December 1 at 10:00 PM ET. I will change the deadline if anything happens to come up. :)

Happy ranking! The list of the top 80 most successful songs on my personal chart is below.

80. Halsey - Without Me
79. Nicki Minaj/Ariana Grande - Bed
78. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
77. Madison Beer - Home With You
76. NF - Lie
75. LSD - Thunderclouds
74. R3HAB & Sofia Carson - Rumors
73. The Chainsmokers - You Owe Me
72. Bebe Rexha/Quavo - 2 Souls On Fire
71. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
70. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
69. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
68. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
67. Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo
66. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back
65. Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For You
64. Lauv - I Like Me Better
63. NOTD/Tove Styrke - Been There Done That
62. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
61. The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
60. Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity
59. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves
58. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
57. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
56. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
55. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
54. Years & Years - If You're Over Me
53. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS
52. Kendrick Lamar & SZA - All The Stars
51. Sabrina Carpenter & Jonas Blue - Alien
50. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
49. Ella Mai - Boo'd Up
48. The Chainsmokers & Drew Love - Somebody
47. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
46. Demi Lovato - Sober
45. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse
44. Julia Michaels/Trippie Redd - Jump
43. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River
42. lovelytheband - Broken
41. Halsey/Big Sean/Stefflon Don - Alone
40. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
39. Post Malone - Better Now
38. Camila Cabello - Real Friends
37. Dua Lipa - IDGAF
36. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
35. Imagine Dragons - Natural
34. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
33. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
32. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
31. Cardi B, Bad Bunny, & J Balvin - I Like It
30. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
29. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
28. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
27. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
26. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
25. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
24. Billie Eilish & Khalid - Lovely
23. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
22. Camila Cabello - Consequences
21. Bazzi - Mine
20. Gabbie Hanna - Out Loud
19. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss
18. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
17. Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana
16. Gabbie Hanna - Honestly
15. Troye Sivan/Ariana Grande - Dance To This
14. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
13. G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I
12. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful
11. Ariana Grande - Breathin
10. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. Selena Gomez - Back To You
7. Troye Sivan - My My My!
6. Taylor Swift - Delicate
5. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You
4. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies
3. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
2. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
1. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

 
Thank you for considering participation...and please keep reading! More to come soon, I promise.

~ Jack :)

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for deciding to participate! Hope you enjoy creating your rankings! :)

      Delete
  2. I'd really like to do this, but I don't know if I can get it in by Dec 1st. I'll try my best to though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you need more time, I'd be more than happy to extend the deadline. Just let me know. :)

      Delete
  3. Hoping to have time to do this. This seems fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I can't wait to stan the 2018 Chainsmokers songs lol

      Delete
  4. I'm gonna try to do this too just gotta listen to a few of the songs first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might need a little more time but will try and have it in by Saturday

      Delete
  5. Submitted!

    Just for reference: 1-44 = Great, 45-52 = Good, 53-66 = Decent, 67-74 = Mediocre, 75-78 = Bad, 79-80 = Awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1-40 Great
      41-57 Good
      58-61 Decent
      62-67 Meh
      68-74 Bad
      75-80 Crap

      Delete
  6. Going to need more time on this, please? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...