Sunday, November 12, 2017

Ed Sheeran (3) - Week Of November 4, 2017

Image result for ed sheeran
Hey guys! I apologize again that this had to be late. I am working very hard to balance this with school. I just want to get right into this week, as it was a very crazy countdown with songs going all over the place. Before we get to the craziness, here's the two songs that dropped out this week.

  • Harry Styles - Two Ghosts (#35)
  • Lady Gaga - The Cure (#36)
Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Thunder
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

The Chart
45. The All-American Rejects - Sweat (#44)
44. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#45)
43. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#41) [1 Week At #1]
42. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#42)
41. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#43)
40. Charlie Puth - Attention (#40) [1 Week At #1]
39. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#39) [9 Weeks At #1]
38. Justin Bieber/BloodPop- Friends (#38)
37. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (#37)
36. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#31) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. Evaride - Heartless (#32)
34. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#34) [4 Weeks At #1]
33. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (DEBUT)
32. Fergie/Nicki Minaj - You Already Know (#27)
31. The Script - Rain (#33)
30. Dua Lipa - New Rules (DEBUT)
29. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#5)
28. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#29)
27. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#19) [3 Weeks At #1]
26. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (#24)
25. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#26) [5 Weeks At #1]
24. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#22)
23. Linkin Park - One More Light (#21)
22. Sabrina Carpenter - Why (#23)
21. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#25)
20. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (#20)
19. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#28)
18. Camila Cabello - Havana (#16)
17. Charlie Puth - How Long (#17)
16. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place (#18)
15. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#13)
14. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
13. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#14)
12. Kesha - Praying (#15)
11. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#12) [3 Weeks At #1]
10. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#7) [3 Weeks At #1]
9. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#6)
8. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#10)
7. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#11)
6. Halsey - Bad At Love (#8)
5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#30)
4. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#2)
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#1) [1 Week At #1]
2. P!nk - What About Us (#9)
1. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#3) [3rd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (-24)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ed Sheeran - Perfect (+25)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Taylor Swift - Call It What You Want

New Entrants

~ Our first entrant to the countdown this week comes from Niall Horan with what I think is his best single to date. Too Much To Ask is a lot slower than it's predecessor. I think the slow sound works better for Niall, as I have come to enjoy this one a lot more than his previous single. The lyrical content on this track is definitely very good and I thoroughly enjoy it. This song doesn't seem to be taking off elsewhere as much as I like, but hopefully we can see some success from it here.

~ The second and last new song we see here this week is from Dua Lipa, with her newest single New Rules. I am not sure if this is my favorite song from her, as she has had some good ones in the past. However, this song is clearly her most recognized song. I'm not saying this one isn't good, it definitely is. I have been listening to this one quite a while, though. For it to just debut here, means that it may not be in green for it's whole tenure. We'll have to see. I like the vibes that this song gives me and I would like to see the same success out of it that I wanted to see out of it months ago. 

~ Best Debut Of The Week: Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask


Hit-Bound
  • Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
  • Taylor Swift - Gorgeous (DEBUT)
  • Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar 
  • Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn
  • ZAYN/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
  • Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
  • Lauv - I Like Me Better
  • Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
  • X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
  • Nick Jonas - Find You
  • Bruno Mars - Chunky
  • Harry Styles - Kiwi
My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
2. Lauv - I Like Me Better
3. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves
4. ZAYN/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
5. Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor


Too Much To Blurb

~ Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl has reclaimed the #1 spot. I am starting to lose interest in this song. I would much rather that this began to drop soon. I honestly think that this one has been overrated here, I personally don't think it should be a #1 song. One week is reasonable, but this song didn't take off anywhere else.

~ P!nk - What About Us made a surprising jump to the #2 spot this week. I am very happy about this and maybe we can see this one claim the #1 spot in the future, who knows?

~ Ed Sheeran - Perfect made quite the jump this week into the top 5 from #30. I would much rather this one be here than the one I talked of a moment ago. I am not complaining about this rather large jump, as I really have been enjoying this one lately.

~ We have rid the top 10 of Liam Payne - Strip That Down, which is good, as I am getting more and more uninterested in this. This is now a song in which I change the radio station when it comes on.

~ I guess Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes isn't officially dead like I thought. It has returned to the top 20. Who knows what can happen now?

~ Okay, let's take a moment to talk about Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do. That drop was not okay. We all know that I could rant about this for a while, but I'll save you all the trouble, because you already know that I am a very big fan of her.

~ Fergie/Nicki Minaj - You Already Know looks like it's going to be a flop here. I honestly don't care what happens with this one either way. It's not like I'll be completely devastated if it leaves in the near future.

~ Evaride - Heartless also looks like it's going to flop. I would be a little more upset about this one if it left, indeed, but I'm going to enjoy this one while it's still here.

~ I realize I'm posting this over a week late, but let us please take a moment to remember the incredible men and women who have fought and are still fighting for our country, as yesterday was Veteran's Day. Thank you to all of them. I, myself, am truly grateful. 


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Imagine Dragons - Believer

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
19. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
18. Niall Horan - Slow Hands

3-Decent
17. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious

4-Good
16. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
15. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

5-Great
14. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
13. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
12. P!nk - What About Us
11. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
10. Kesha - Praying
9. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
8. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
7. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place
6. Halsey - Bad At Love
5. Charlie Puth - How Long
4. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
2. Camila Cabello - Havana
1. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?

Score: 85% (B)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
2. Imagine Dragons - Believer
3. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
5. Linkin Park - One More Light

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Camila Cabello - Havana
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
5. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still


~ Hey! If you haven't checked out my other blog in a while, here's a link to go and see that. :) Link: http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/

Love you all!

~ Jack :)))









9 comments:

  1. Great job Jack. I like the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts on the drop from Look What You Made Me Do:
    After seeing the amount of spins it had (about 15), I wasn’t very surprised when it TUMBLED down the countdown. Even though I love the song (and her kind of) too, it’s fine by me. It also feel down from #10 to #25 a while ago. But you’ll be happy ...Ready for It? is in the Top 10 now! Look What You Made Me Do also recovered like last week’s drop never happened. It’s at #16 though, not #5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops. I meant fell down, not feel. And on Billboard was that #10-25 Drop.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation on Hits 1: Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...