Sunday, November 19, 2017

Demi Lovato (1) - Week Of November 11, 2017



Image result for demi lovato











Hey everyone! I am sorry for another late post, I have been cut off from wireless connection all week, so this could have come out earlier. The 2017 American Music Awards are airing tonight. I do plan to watch them, but I don't know if I will review them. It honestly just depends on how good the performances turn out being. If they're all bad, I won't bother doing a huge review, or if they're all decently good, I won't bother doing a huge review. Maybe I will let you know at the end of the next post. Anyways, before we get to this week's countdown, here's the songs leaving us this week.

  • Fergie/Nicki Minaj - You Already Know (#32)
  • The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (#37)
  • Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better 

The Countdown
45. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#41)
44. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#43) [1 Week At #1]
43. The All-American Rejects - Sweat (#45)
42. Justin Bieber/BloodPop - Friends (#38)
41. Evaride - Heartless (#35)
40. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#42)
39. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (DEBUT)
38. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (DEBUT)
37. Charlie Puth - Attention (#40) [1 Week At #1]
36. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#39) [9 Weeks At #1]
34. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#34) [3 Weeks At #1]
33. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#28) 
32. Linkin Park - One More Light (#23)
31. Lauv - I Like Me Better (DEBUT)
30. The Script - Rain (#31)
29. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#10) [3 Weeks At #1]
28. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (#26)
27. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#9)
26. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#14) [2 Weeks At #1]
25. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#27) [3 Weeks At #1]
24. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#25) [5 Weeks At #1]
23. Sabrina Carpenter - Why (#22)
22. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#21)
21. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#33)
20. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#30)
19. Charlie Puth - How Long (#17)
18. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (#20)
17. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place (#16)
16. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#29)
15. Camila Cabello - Havana (#18)
14. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#13)
13. Kesha - Praying (#12)
12. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#11) [3 Weeks At #1]
11. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#24)
10. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#19)
9. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#5)
8. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#15)
7. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#8)
6. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#7)
5. Halsey - Bad At Love (#6)
4. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#3) [1 Weeks At #1]
3. P!nk - What About Us (#2)
2. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#4) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Niall Horan - Slow Hands (-19)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises and Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (+13)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Kygo/OneRepublic - Stranger Things

New Entrants

~ Our first entrant this week comes from Bebe Rexha. She teams up with country duo, Florida Georgia Line this time on their new single, Meant To Be. While this may not be her best song, I do thoroughly enjoy this track from start to finish. The vocals are the best part of the song, whereas the lyrical content is not the best I've ever seen. I like how artists like Rexha and Hailee Steinfeld are incorporating country style voices into their pop singles. This is the second song right now making it big that Florida Georgia Line is featured on. I like it when two genres fuse together, it's nice. Hopefully we can see some success out of this one here.

~ Second this week is Zayn returning with his newest single, Dusk Till Dawn, featuring Sia. I find this track a very good edition to both of their discographies. Zayn contributes the most outstanding vocals I think we've seen from him thus far in his solo career. Sia also brings her incredible vocal abilities to the table on this one, which is what I would expect from her. What really makes this song stand out is how both of their voices blend together in that chorus. It is just amazing. Overall, this song is great, but having very limited success elsewhere, hopefully it can break that barrier here.

~ Our final entrant this week comes from new artist, Lauv. The song is called I Like Me Better. I have liked this song since first listen, while many others have considered it a questionable first impression. I really like this track. I don't know how to explain it, except how the vocals are just really cool and I just find it enjoyable. I am glad it made it onto the countdown, so hopefully we can see it do well.

Best Entrant Of The Week: Tie Between Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn and Lauv - I Like Me Better


Hit-Bound
  • Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
  • Harry Styles - Kiwi
  • Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend (DEBUT)
  • Nick Jonas - Find You
  • Walk The Moon - One Foot (DEBUT)
  • P!nk/Eminem - Revenge (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • Bruno Mars - Chunky
  • Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
  • Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves
  • The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn
  • Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
  • Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
  • X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
2. Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves
3. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn
4. Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
5. Nick Jonas - Find You


I Like Blurbs Better

~ Demi Lovato has indeed reached the #1 spot with Sorry Not Sorry this week. I am glad that this replaced last week's song, at least, but I wouldn't exactly call it my top choice in the top 5 to be #1, but I'll take it.

~ Halsey - Bad At Love has reached the top 5. I am very happy about this. I didn't expect this to reach this height, but I would like to see how much further this one can go. We'll have to see in the coming weeks.

~ Taylor Swift made it into the top 10 (again). This time with ...Ready For It?. I am extremely happy that both of her songs that are here right now have reached the upper ranks on the countdown. By the way, I highly recommend every song on her new album, reputation. So, go buy it.

~ I guess I was wrong. This was not the last we were going to see from Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes, considering that decent hop into the top 10 this week.

~ How in the hell is Imagine Dragons - Believer still this far up here? No, I don't appreciate your company. Please leave.

~ No, your eyes don't need to be checked. Camila Cabello - Havana is now my favorite song here. I have been enjoying this one very much lately.

~ I am very thankful this week that Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do has regained steam and is back in the top 20. I am glad that drop wasn't permanent. Again, I highly recommend every song off of reputation. Go buy it.

~ Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road really needs to start declining, or else I have a huge complaint to file. 

~ Liam Payne - Strip That Down dropped at a very appropriate time.

~ However, Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still did not drop at a very appropriate time.

~ Lastly, Niall Horan - Slow Hands did drop at a very appropriate time. This has been a three-blurb series about songs dropping at appropriate times, now back to your regularly scheduled program.

~ Evaride - Heartless didn't really take off here. What a shame.

~ The Hottest New Songs section has been updated for the first time in nearly a year! Check it out here: http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/p/new-songs_6.html, or simply click the tab at the top of the page.

~ The Hot 45 Chart has been updated twice this weekend as well. Here's the link to the October 28, 2017 edition of the chart: http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/11/week-of-october-28-2017.html. Also, here's the link to the November 4, 2017 edition of the chart: http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/11/week-of-november-4-2017.html

~ Lastly, the "Follow This Blog" feature has been added again. So, we currently have three followers, because no one reads this anymore. Well, if you do, please go follow this blog to make it easier to access posts and know when they are posted.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Imagine Dragons - Believer

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
19. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious

4-Good
18. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
17. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

5-Great
16. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
15. Dua Lipa - New Rules
14. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
13. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
12. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
11. Kesha - Praying
10. Charlie Puth - How Long
9. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place
8. P!nk - What About Us
7. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
6. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
5. Halsey - Bad At Love
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
3. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
1. Camila Cabello - Havana

Score: 91% (A-)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Songs
1. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
2. Imagine Dragons - Believer
3. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
5. Niall Horan - Slow Hands

My Top 5 Countdown Songs
1. Camila Cabello - Havana
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
5. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)



    7 comments:

    1. I find it interesting that LWYMMD isn´t in purple.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, Jack also likes all things Camila Cabello. So, I'm not surprised he put this one in purple.

        Delete
      2. To be honest with you all, if I hadn't put Havana in purple this week, it would not have been Look What You Made Me Do, it would have been ...Ready For It?.

        Delete

    More You May Like

    Featured Content

    2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

    2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...