Saturday, July 22, 2017

Zedd & Alessia Cara (4) - Week Of July 15, 2017

zedd-alessia-cara.jpeg (1000×600)
Hey guys! I apologize for another delay. I have been very busy so far this summer and I am trying to catch up on a few more Hot 45 Charts that I am behind on. If you didn't already see the two charts I published earlier this week (June 17th & June 24th), I would appreciate it if you went and checked them out! Also, please keep voting on the Summer Soundtrack form. The form is here. You have ten days, so vote as many times as you can! I will lay down on the maximum number of times you can vote, so you may vote a good number of times more. Before we get started, here's the songs that are leaving us this week.
  • ZAYN & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#37)
  • Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (#40)
Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

The Countdown
45. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#45)
44. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#42) [3 Weeks At #1]
43. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#43)
42. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#39) [4 Weeks At #1]
41. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#38)
40. Niall Horan - This Town (#41)
39. Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (#36)
38. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#35)
37. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#44)
36. Childish Gambino - Redbone (DEBUT)
35. Maroon 5 - Cold (#34)
34. Bruno Mars & David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (DEBUT)
33. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31) [2 Weeks At #1]
32. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#32) [8 Weeks At #1]
31. Train - Play That Song (#29)
30. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#34)
29. Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (#30)
28. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#26)
27. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#24)
26. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#28)
25. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#27) [1 Week At #1]
24. Julia Michaels - Issues (#16)
23. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#19)
22. AJR - Weak (#22)
21. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#9)
20. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#21)
19. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#20)
18. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (#17)
17. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#22)
16. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#10) [1 Week At #1]
15. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#25)
14. Halsey - Now Or Never (#12)
13. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#11) [9 Week At #1]
12. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#15)
11. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#7)
10. Charlie Puth - Attention (#13)
9. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#14)
8. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#18)
7. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#8)
6. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
5. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#6)
4. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#3)
3. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#2) [3 Weeks At #1]
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
1. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#4) [4th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (-12)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Miley Cyrus - Malibu and Niall Horan - Slow Hands (+10)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Selena Gomez/Gucci Mane - Fetish

#1 Recommendation For You: Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low

New Entrants

~ Our first entrant this week comes from Childish Gambino, spawning Redbone to the countdown. To be honest, I had never thought to see this song debuting here in the first place, but it did prove me wrong. As for the song itself, it isn't very good at all. It gives me a really creepy vibe as the vocals are really strange. The production isn't very good and the lyrics are just plain weird. My opinion could honestly bounce with this one possibly. I can see why this guy is ending his music career soon, because his music is just weird. The only thing I would find interesting out of this song is how I see it doing here, I would like to see what extent it reaches, knowing this station rarely plays this type of music.

~ Our second and final entrant this week is Bruno Mars returning on a remix of his song, Versace On The Floor, with David Guetta. This song was mediocre in the first place, so a remix just made it worse. The production isn't good at all here, and Bruno Mars has gone into an era of his music where all he ever sings about is sex. This is just getting old and his vocals in this are pretty mediocre. I just don't see the appeal of this song. I really hope it doesn't do too good here, I don't think it deserves to.

Best Entrant Of The Week: Childish Gambino - Redbone

HitBound

  • Paramore - Hard Times
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
  • Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
  • The Chainsmokers - Honest
  • All Time Low - Good Times
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
  • Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (DEBUT)
  • Andy Grammer - Give Love
  • Fall Out Boy - Champion
  • DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (DEBUT)
  • Kesha - Praying (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Kesha - Praying
2. Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
3. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
4. The Chainsmokers - Honest
5. Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling

Blurbs On The Floor

~ Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay has returned to #1. I could say at this point, that I don't really care about this. It's either at #1, or it's not. It doesn't bother me, as long as it is keeping the red songs from reaching the top, I'm totally okay with it.

~ Imagine Dragons - Believer and Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill continue to linger in the top 10. The latter makes absolute no sense to me, considering it didn't do very well anywhere else, and it's frankly quite annoying with the amount of success it's being given here, being such an unappealing song. The former I understand has done better other places, but I really would like it if it was on the decline soon, it is just another unappealing song.

~ Niall Horan - Slow Hands made a good jump into the top 10 this week. I don't mind this at all, as long as it's a good song I'm definitely okay with it.

~ Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito is doing alright so far. I would love to see a top 10 entry out of this very soon.

~ Some of you might think it's starting to get annoying seeing Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You and The Chainsmokers - Paris hanging around here for such a lengthy period of time. I'm okay with it, I feel as if these two are going to be songs that I will never get sick of, no matter how much they are played on the radio.

~ A nice jump from Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels would be good to see in the near future. It's now the best song here.

~ James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go has made a tumble this week. I would say that this is a decent spot for it right here. I think that because my opinion keeps bouncing back and forth on this one.

~ I forgot MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low was still here. It's just had a really unimportant tenure here, with no real highs and lows, so I guess that's probably why.

~ Train - Play That Song is finally out of the top 30! Let's keep it this way, and let's get it out of here as soon as we possibly can. Please voters, start to stop voting for this one.

~ Jon Bellion - Overwhelming is sadly starting to fail, just like many of our other newer songs lately. Oh well. 

~ Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things is still here. That's a bit surprising. I thought this one would be long gone by now. I give it some praise for this.

~ Hopefully I can get more caught up on the Hot 45 Charts I have missed this week. I have three more to catch up on, so please be on the look out for those and please go check out the ones I posted earlier this week if you haven't already! Thank you guys!

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Imagine Dragons - Believer
19. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
18. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
17. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
16. Halsey - Now Or Never

5-Great
15. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
14. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
13. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
12. The Chainsmokers - Paris
11. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
10. Lady Gaga - The Cure
9. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
8. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
7. Miley Cyrus - Malibu
6. Charlie Puth - Attention
5. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
4. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
3. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
2. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
1. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels

Score: 83% (B)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Train - Play That Song
2. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
3. Maroon 5 - Cold
4. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
5. Niall Horan - This Town

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels
2. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
3. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
4. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
5. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)


9 comments:

  1. Okay, Slow Hands needs to enter the Top te....... Wait a minute, it's already in the Top 10, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now Slow Hands needs to hit #1 next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much approve of that purple pick. Just wish they hadn't shortened it as much as they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to Adventureland counselor ladies.
    No to Miles & ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Dua Lipa - New Rules

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...