Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Chainsmokers & Coldplay (3) - Week Of June 24, 2017

chainsmokers-coldplay-2017-live-performance-billboard-1548.jpg (1548×1024)
Hey everyone! I am currently on vacation. I apologize for the delay again. Hopefully I can get my post for this past week out sooner, but here's this one first. So, before we get to this week's countdown, here's the songs that we're saying goodbye to.
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News (#27)
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#35)
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#36)
  • ONE OK ROCK - American Girls (#41)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

The Countdown
45. Niall Horan - This Town (#42)
44. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#45) [3 Weeks At #1]
43. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#44)
42. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#43) [4 Weeks At #1]
41. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#40)
40. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#39)
39. Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (DEBUT)
38. ZAYN & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#37)
37. Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (DEBUT)
36. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (DEBUT)
35. Maroon 5 - Cold (#34)
34. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#38)
33. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (DEBUT)
32. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (#26)
31. DNCE - Kissing Strangers (#29)
30. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#30)
29. Hey Violet - Break My Heart (#22)
28. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#33)
27. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#32)
26. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#21)
25. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#24) [8 Weeks At #1]
24. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#28)
23. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#23)
22. AJR - Weak (#15)
21. Train - Play That Song (#25)
20. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#19)
19. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (#31)
18. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#18)
17. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#20)
16. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#17) [1 Week At #1]
15. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#14) [9 Weeks At #1]
14. Halsey - Now Or Never (#16)
13. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#12)
12. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#11) [1 Week At #1]
11. Julia Michaels - Issues (#13)
10. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#8)
9. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#7)
8. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#6)
7. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#9)
6. Charlie Puth - Attention (#10)
5. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
4. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#3) [3 Weeks At #1]
3. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#5)
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#4)
1. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between AJR - Weak and Hey Violet - Break My Heart (-7)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (+12)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Bebe Rexha/Lik Wayne - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)

#1 Recommendation For You: Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

New Entrants

~ First up this week we have a HitBound exit from last week, Jon Bellion - Overwhelming. This song has been good from the start. I am in love with the vocals and this guy has failed to disappoint me so far. I admit that the production is weird on this track, but it definitely is working for me at the moment. I can say that I would like for it to do well here, and I expect to see it do just that.

~ The next new song we are seeing this week comes from Erin Bowman, who also spawned another HitBound exit last week in the form of Good Time Good Life. Now, I have been enjoying this song for a while, but the repetitive lyrics are really starting to get me. I am still sold on the other parts of the song, which are what keeps it in green. I wouldn't say I see this one doing great here anyway, and I'll be okay with that if that's the case.

~ Third this week we have the biggest song out there right now, Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito. As you can see, this song is currently the best one here, as it has been colored in purple. I have just been enjoying the catchy vibe this song gives me. Right now, everything about this song is very good, and I expect it to do well here because it has one of this station's favorite artists.

~ Finally, we have Noah Cyrus - Stay Together. I have been playing this song since I first heard it and honestly it has been a good song to go to when I'm having troubles with a certain person that is very important to me. I like the lyrics, the production, and vocals, and that all calls for a good song. I definitely am wishing it well here.

Best Debut Of The Week: Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito

HitBound

  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
  • Fall Out Boy - Champion (DEBUT)
  • Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
  • Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (DEBUT)
  • Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
  • Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
  • Paramore - Hard Times
  • Andy Grammer - Give Love
  • All Time Low - Good Times
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
2. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels
3. Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
4. Carly Rae Jespen - Cut To The Feeling
5. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
2. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
3. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
4. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
5. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)

20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the songs that are flopping this week:
    Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
    Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
    Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
    Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
    MAROON 5/Future - COLD
    AJR - Weak
    Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE.
    Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty$ - Swalla
    Lady Gaga - The Cure
    James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
    Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
    ZEDD & Alessia Cara - Stay
    KYGO x Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
    The Chainsmokers & COLDPLAY - Something Just like This
    Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
    Julia Michaels - Issues
    Iggy Azalea/Anitta - Switch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrong on:

      HUMBLE
      Swalla (Probably)
      Say You Won't Let Go
      Shape of You
      Stay
      It Ain't Me
      Something Just Like This
      That's What I Like Issues

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Crying in the Club is actually staying on HitBound for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not expect Despacito nor Reminding Me in purple... But boy am I happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been enjoying both songs quite a lot over the past week!

      Delete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: JAY Z/Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Bam

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...