Friday, July 7, 2017

Ed Sheeran (3) - Week Of July 1, 2017

_95185318_0828dec1-66b7-47d8-9c55-ebc8f9e0456c.jpg (660×371)
I hope everyone had a very good time celebrating this country's birthday this past Tuesday. Today is my last day of being on vacation, so tomorrow, I am back to the normal flow of things, blogging, summer homework, my internship, and swim instruction. Fun (sarcastically). Although, blogging is quite fun. So, before we get started, here's the songs we are saying goodbye to.

  • Hey Violet - Break My Heart (#29)
  • DNCE - Kissing Strangers (#31)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

The Countdown
45. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#43)
44. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#44) [3 Weeks At #1]
43. Niall Horan - This Town (#45)
42. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#40)
41. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#41)
40. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#42) [4 Weeks At #1]
39. ZAYN & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#38)
38. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#34)
37. Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (#37)
36. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#36)
35. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#33)
34. Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (#39)
33. Maroon 5 - Cold (#35)
32. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (DEBUT)
31. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#23)
30. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (#19)
29. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#30)
28. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (DEBUT)
27. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#26) [2 Weeks At #1]
26. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#28)
25. Train - Play That Song (#21)
24. The Chainsmokers/Hasey - Closer (#25) [8 Weeks At #1]
23. AJR - Weak (#22)
22. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#17)
21. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#24)
20. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#32)
19. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#9)
18. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#16) [1 Week At #1]
17. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#20)
16. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#13)
15. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#18)
14. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#12) [1 Week At #1]
13. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#27)
12. Halsey - Now Or Never (#14)
11. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#15) [9 Weeks At #1]
10. Charlie Puth - Attention (#6)
9. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#7)
8. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#10)
7. Julia Michaels - Issues (#11)
6. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#8)
5. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2) [1 Week At #1]
4. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#4) [3 Weeks At #1]
3. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#3)
2. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (-11)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (+14)

New Entrants

~ Our first new entrant this week comes from Camila Cabello in what is her first solo single. She is definitely doing very well so far as a solo artist, and it takes time to redeem yourself after you depart from a musical group. So, I applaud her. Her single, Crying In The Club debuted here this week and I have really been enjoying this song lately. The vocals are really spot on, and while the lyrics become repetitive, I can still see myself enjoying it pretty far into the future. So, all in all, I hope to see it do well here.

~ Our second debut of the week is Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels. Not to lie, this song has been a feel good one for me in the past week, considering the rough waters I've been through in a relationship. I am trying to be positive and this song has helped me a bit, but I continue to listen to a lot of Taylor Swift's breakup songs, or other songs about relationships, because she remains my favorite artist at the time. Anyways, besides my own problems, this song has a nice set of lyrics, outstanding vocals, and great production. It all calls for a feel-good, catchy song. I hope to see it do very well here.

Best Debut Of The Week: Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels

HitBound
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
  • Andy Grammer - Give Love
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
  • Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • The Chainsmokers - Honest (DEBUT)
  • Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
  • Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
  • Fall Out Boy - Champion
  • Paramore - Hard Times
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
  • Childish Gambino - Redbone (DEBUT)
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
  • All Time Low - Good Times
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
2. Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
3. Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
4. Paramore - Hard Times
5. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious

Bonus Summer Songs

Credit: Blog of Montavis

All songs will be color coded as any normal song, although, pink, yellow, and turquoise will not be utilized.

  • Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
  • Macklemore/Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
  • Charli XCX - Boom Clap
  • Twenty One Pilots - Ride
  • Robin Thicke/Pharrell Williams/T.I. - Blurred Lines
  • Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
  • Maroon 5 - Payphone
  • Florida Georgia Line - Cruise
  • One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
  • Ariana Grande - Problem
  • Omi - Cheerleader
  • Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
  • Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
  • Taylor Swift - New Romantics
  • Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
  • Sam Smith - Stay With Me
  • Katy Perry - E.T.
  • B.o.B./Hayley Williams - Airplanes
  • Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
  • Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
  • The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
  • Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again
  • Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
  • Maroon 5 - Love Somebody
  • Katy Perry - California Gurls
  • Pitbull/Ne-Yo/Afrojack - Give Me Everything
  • Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance
  • Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good.
  • Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)
  • LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
  • fun./Janelle Monae - We Are Young
  • Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy
  • Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
  • Magic! - Rude
  • Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A.
  • Cee Lo Green - Forget You
My Top 5 Throwback Picks
1. Ariana Grande - Problem
2. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
3. Taylor Swift - New Romantics
4. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
5. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy

Blurbing In The Club

~ First of all, I would like to address how annoying it is that Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill has returned to the top of the chart. I am really over this song. There wasn't enough to this song to keep me with it for a long time, so I would really appreciate it if this one starting edging away from the top spot after this week.

~ Also, speaking of songs I am completely over, we have Imagine Dragons - Believer hitting a new peak in the top 3. I would also really appreciate it if this song began to edge away further from the top after this week.

~ Julia Michaels - Issues has thankfully returned to the top 10. I was starting to lose hope in this song, but over the past week with my relationship problems, this one has also been on my loop.

~ Unfortunately, our biggest jump this week came from none other than Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road. This song is not the best country song this station could have picked up in all obviousness, so I would really appreciate it if this one went on the decline after this week. I am actually quite surprised at the same time that this one actually got this far here.

~ Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee is really becoming quite old, and I keep appreciating the small drops it's getting. Although it's going slowly, hopefully it will prove to surely happen.

~ Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy took a decent dip this week. I wouldn't be surprised though if this song went back up this week, because we all know how confusing a tenure this song has shown us. I wouldn't mind another jump anyways, I'm still enjoying the song a good amount.

~ Liam Payne - Strip That Down made a pretty good jump up into the top 20 this week. I have been enjoying this song lately, and I would definitely prefer this song being this high up over some of the others in the top 20, so, it's okay doing business here.

~ Train - Play That Song is the worst song here. It needs to be departing here soon, and I really would appreciate it if this one didn't go back into the top 20. I don't understand why it was so popular on this chart, where it wasn't anywhere else. It is a good thing that it didn't blow up in other places, because it has become overly annoying with it's success here.

~ Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla took the biggest drop this week and I am kind of glad, as it is beginning to become too close to being another red song under our belt.

~ How does a song like Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito, the biggest song in the country right now, not jump on its second week at all? Now I am seriously questioning this station's logic.

~ I was seeing a small glimmer of actual hope in Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later the last few weeks, but now that glimmer is starting to die.

~ I am still going to say how surprised I am that Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things is still here, I don't know why, but I honestly didn't expect this track being one of those songs that stays for months and hangs in the bottom 5 for some of that time.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Imagine Dragons - Believer
19. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
18. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill

2-Mediocre
17. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee

3-Decent
16. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

4-Good
NONE

5-Great
15. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
14. Halsey - Now Or Never
13. The Chainsmokers - Paris
12. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
11. Lady Gaga - The Cure
10. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
9. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
8. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
7. Charlie Puth - Attention
6. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
5. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
4. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
3. Julia Michaels - Issues
2. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
1. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar

Score: 83% (B)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Train - Play That Song
2. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
3. Niall Horan - This Town
4. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
5. Maroon 5 - Cold

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
2. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
3. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
4. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
5. Julia Michaels - Issues

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)






18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Also:

      "20. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#32)"

      Oh no...they didn't edit out Quavo, did they?

      Delete
    2. Haha. Yeah I do. And I don't know. On the other blogs they have been writing "Liam Payne - Stril That Down"....and it only says Liam's name on dogstarr.

      Delete
  2. Jack, Swish Swish flopped. Save as Draft is a new song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Future Pop Hits:
    JAY-Z - 4:44
    Kendrick Lamar/Rihanna - LOYALTY.
    Calvin Harris/Future/Khalid - Rollin
    Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
    DJ Khaled & Calvin Harris/Travis Scott/Jeremih - Don't Quit
    The Weeknd - Reminder
    Chris Brown - Privacy
    James Arthur - Can I Be Him
    Big Sean - Jump Out the Window
    The Chainsmokers/Florida Georgia Line - Last Day Alive
    Fitz & the Tantrums - Fool
    John Mayer - In the Blood
    Dua Lipa - New Rules
    Machine Gun Kelly/Quavo/Ty$ - Trap Paris
    Post Malone/Justin Bieber - Deja Vu
    OneRepublic - Lift Me Up
    ZEDD & Liam Payne - Get Low
    Kesha - Praying
    All Time Low - Good Times
    Loote - High Without Your Love
    The 1975 - Somebody Else
    Rachel Crow - Dime
    Jonas Blue/William Singe - Mama
    Katy Perry - Save as Draft
    SYMON - I Never Do
    Quinn XCII - Straightjacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Julia Michaels - Issues has thankfully returned to the top 10. I was starting to lose hope in this song, but over the past week with my relationship problems, this one has also been on my loop."

    1. Way to make me feel very single, haha.

    2. Bad news for you, regarding today's countdown. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Hey, haha, sorry. And yeah some things went wrong in mine, and it's a mess now....

      2. And haha.

      Delete
  5. Guys, I have an important announcement about Selena Gomez. Selena Gomez is releasing a new single with Gucci Mane called "Fetish." It will arrive on Thursday, July 13.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Venus: SYMON - I Never Do

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despacito is now annoying already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes, yes I do. I am in four Advanced Placement classes and we are required to work up to a challenge and we are expected to do work over the summer.

      Delete
  9. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...