Saturday, May 13, 2017

Zedd & Alessia Cara (2) - Week Of May 13, 2017

zedd-alessia-music-video.jpg (1500×800)
This week didn't really have all that much to it. However, I'm glad about our biggest drop, biggest jump, and the four debuts we got, especially the two that exited HitBound last weekend. Before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's a list of them we're saying goodbye to this week.
  • Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#39)
  • Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#43)
  • James Hersey - Miss You (#44)
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

The Countdown
45. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#40)
44. Niall Horan - This Town (#41)
43. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#42)
42. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#27) [3 Weeks At #1]
41. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#38)
40. ONE OK ROCK - American Girls (DEBUT)
39. Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave (#36)
38. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#29) [4 Weeks At #1]
37. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (DEBUT)
36. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#35)
35. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (DEBUT)
34. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#34)
33. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#31)
32. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#28)
31. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#33)
30. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (DEBUT)
29. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#32)
28. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#37)
27. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#25)
26. Halsey - Now Or Never (#30)
25. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (#11)
24. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#24)
23. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#23)
22. AJR - Weak (#18)
21. Train - Play That Song (#21)
20. Charlie Puth - Attention (#20)
19. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#16)
18. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#19)
17. Maroon 5 - Cold (#12)
16. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#22)
15. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#17)
14. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#26)
13. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#9) [8 Weeks At #1]
12. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#8)
11. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#10)
10. Julia Michaels - Issues (#13)
9. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#3) [1 Week At #1]
8. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#14)
7. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#7)
6. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#4)
5. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#6) [1 Week At #1]
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#5) [1 Week At #1]
3. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#15)
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#2) [9 Weeks At #1]
1. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back and The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (+12)


#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Tokio Hotel - What If

#1 Recommendation For You: Noah Cyrus - Stay Together

New Entrants

~ First up this week, we have one of our HitBound exits from last weekend. ONE OK ROCK are a Japanese boy band, with their first rising single, American Girls, debuting first here this week. I have been enjoying this song for a number of weeks now. I like when this station picks up on songs like this. They keep their word for picking up songs that some don't see anywhere else. The band has very nice voices and the production is very cool. I don't know how well it will do here in the long run, but I hope to see it do some kind of work here.

~ Our next debut comes from Aaron Carter with his new single, Sooner Or Later. This was also a HitBound exit last weekend. This is also another "underdog" song, that I'm so glad Hits 1 picked up. Even though it had limited spins this week, it still debuted. The vocals are very outstanding in this track, as well as the production being very good as well. I enjoy the background singers in the tune, and I hope to see it do a good job here, because it is the best debut of the week.

~ Coming third this week is a song that I would never imagine this station picking up, but they very well did. The song is DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One. I also was not expecting to enjoy this song, but the vocals are very acceptable and I enjoy the simplicity of it at some parts in the song. It will, without a doubt, do well here in my book.

~ Finally, we have Niall Horan's second solo single, Slow Hands. I believe this song is more catchy than his first single, but I struggled to put it in green this week, just because the production isn't the best thing ever. The vocals, however are pretty good. I don't know how long it will stick with me necessarily, but I know it will do well here due to this station's obsession with him.

Best Debut This Week: Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later

HitBound

  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
  • Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (DEBUT)
  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming 
  • Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (DEBUT)
  • Hey Violet - Break My Heart
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
  • ZAYN/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time
  • Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace
  • Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (DEBUT)
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
  • DNCE - Kissing Strangers
  • Katy Perry - Bon Appétit
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best
2. Katy Perry - Bon Appétit
3. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
4. Hey Violet - Break My Heart
5. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News

I'm The Blurb

~ I am surprised that Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay held atop the countdown for a second week. I wasn't sure if it would ever make it this high anywhere. It's clearly defied the odds. I really like this song, so I hope it continues to do well here. 

~ I was not expecting the big jump from The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This so suddenly. I am not complaining, because this song is very good at the moment. A cooler version of the drop is even my ringtone right now.

~ How the hell is Shawn Mendes - Mercy still this high up? It's getting quite old and I don't even understand how I found myself enjoying this song just a limited number of weeks ago.

~ Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me is still holding. I would like to see this song jump a little more, just because it's so good, but I will definitely take where it's at if it doesn't want to do that.

~ Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee has climbed into the top 10. This is definitely one of their most recent songs that actually deserved it. I have been enjoying this catchy tune a lot lately, I just hope Hits 1 doesn't get too carried away with it.

~ The Chainsmokers - Paris is the second song from the group in a ten spot radius this week. Hits 1 clearly has let go of their ten spots away rule.

~ Julia Michaels - Issues has also entered the top 10 this week. I really am happy about this. I have been enjoying this song for a good number of months now, and I'm glad her first solo single has been this successful, because it really is worthy of it.

~ Just four spots from the previous song from the same group, The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer appears. Yeah, Hits 1 has definitely let go of that rule.

~ Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back made a nice jump this week and I'm glad about this. I have been enjoying this tune quite a bit over the past couple of weeks.

~ Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye dropped at the exact right time. Just when it was starting to become okay. 

~ Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake seems to be failing. That's a good sign.

~ Bruno Mars - 24K Magic better leave. Next week. I am freaking done with this piece of trash.

~ Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving is starting to lose it's steam. That's fine with me.

~ Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know took a well deserved drop back to the bottom of the chart this week. I would like to see this song leave in the near future if possible.

~ The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming definitely has lost its steam. It would take a miracle for this song to recover at this point.

~ The late Hot 45 Charts will definitely be out as soon as I can get them out.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
19. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill

4-Good
18. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
17. Maroon 5 - Cold

5-Great
16. Imagine Dragons - Believer
15. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
14. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
13. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
12. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
11. The Chainsmokers - Paris
10. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
9. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
8. Lady Gaga - The Cure
7. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
6. Julia Michaels - Issues
5. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
4. Charlie Puth - Attention
3. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
2. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
1. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

Score: 92% (A-)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
2. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
3. Niall Horan - This Town
4. Train - Play That Song
5. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
2. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
3. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
4. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
5. Halsey - Now Or Never

I'll be back soon with more posts!

Love you all!

~ Jack :)










18 comments:

  1. Even though I don't think the song is amazing either, why do you not like BLABR? And you forgot a picture in the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lyrical content is very bad and the vocals are mediocre. The production is lazy as well. Not a good song.

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU! Seriously, that song blows x_x Not to mention it is not country music... I'll save my words for it when it inevitably debuts, because hooooooo boy.

      Delete
    3. Is it gonna be a Spectrum Pulse style rant?

      Delete
    4. Haha, it very possibly could be. Not only on the content, but what the song's success represents.

      Delete
  2. I said this on your blog before but:

    I suggest you should vote for my 2016 Hits 1 Year-End List rankdown. If you don't want to vote, it's up to you. But if you've participated in a Song Wars before, you'll like this too. It would be more fun if there were more votes, so I suggest you vote if you want. I currently have 7 votes, including myself. The form closes in 7 days, and here is the link:
    https://goo.gl/forms/8nJ3Lox8liGXG9QR2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. I'll do it this week, my computers down...and I've got a lot of work to get done for school, but I'll try to find time for it. I will probably get to it.

      Delete
    2. Just pushed the deadline for submitting to next Tuesday, which is 2 days later, and 5 days from today. So if you would like to vote you have 2 extra days.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Now it's 3 days left. I pushed the deadline again to this Thursday.

      Delete
    5. Thanks for voting! (Yes I literally did see it come in)

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Diplo/Justin Bieber/Rich the Kid/Young Thug - Bankroll.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...