Monday, February 27, 2017

Ed Sheeran (3) - Week Of February 25, 2017

53b45a510d274_-_cos-01-ed-sheeran-xl.jpg (720×405)
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week. If you had the week off from school, I hope you enjoyed that, because I did. I have posted several posts that I was behind on such as the Year-End Hot 45 Chart, the 100,000 Pageview Special, and the Grammy Performance Reviews. So, if you haven't got a chance to look at those yet, please do! Anyways, this week wasn't anything too special, but there were some interesting parts to it. Besides everything else, before we get to this week's review of the fresh 45 songs in America, here's the list of songs we're saying goodbye to.

  • The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#39) [3 Weeks At #1]
  • Runaground - Chase You Down (#41)
  • Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#43)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

The Countdown

45. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#42)
44. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (#45)
43. OneRepublic - Kids (#44)
42. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#37)
41. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#38)
40. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (#15)
39. John Legend - Love Me Now (#29)
38. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#27)
37. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (DEBUT)
36. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#35)
35. Niall Horan - This Town (#36)
34. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (DEBUT)
33. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#33)
32. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#32) [2 Weeks At #1]
31. Daya - Words (#25)
30. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (#28)
29. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#31)
28. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#24)
27. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#30)
26. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#17) [3 Weeks At #1]
25. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#23)
24. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#22)
23. Julia Michaels - Issues (#19)
22. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#18)
21. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#26)
20. Kygo & Selena Gomez -It Ain't Me (DEBUT)
19. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#40)
18. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#14)
17. Train - Play That Song (#20)
16. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#13)
15. Maroon 5 - Cold (#34)
14. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#16)
13. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#7)
12. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#21)
11. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#10)
10. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#11)
9. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#12) [2 Weeks At #1]
8. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#9) [4 Weeks At #1]
7. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#5)
6. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#4)
5. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#8)
4. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#6)
3. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
2. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#3)
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (-25)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (+19)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Jax Jones/RAYE - You Don't Know Me 

#1 Recommendation For You: Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't You

New Entrants

~ Our first entrant this week comes in the form of Make Me (Cry), from Miley Cyrus's sister, Noah Cyrus, and Labrinth. This song has been wavering in opinion for me. When I first heard it, I really wasn't attracted to it at all, and when it debuted on HitBound, I just started to believe that it was an okay song after more listens, and after a few more listens, the song has grown on me a bit more. I wouldn't be surprised if this song changed in my opinion again, but time will tell. I really don't think I would care if this song does well here, because of the pain this song may be with my changing opinion.

~ Next up this week for entrants we have Linkin Park with Kiiara in a new single called Heavy. This song is really good, but I feel like the one small flaw with this song is Chester Bennington's vocals, as they are still adapting to the slower version of music, rather than their normal sound. Other than that, everything else is perfect and Kiiara does a great job, as does the rest of the band. I would love to see this song do good here, so yeah.

~ Lastly, this week we have a return from Selena Gomez with Kygo. The song is It Ain't Me. I really am enjoying this song as I had expected. I really like the interesting choice Kygo made with having Selena Gomez for the vocalist on this song, as he has had several underdog singers as vocalists for his music in the past and those songs got underrated. I believe he was tired of not getting recognized in the past, so he chose an artist everyone loved and it worked. I would love to see this song have a lot of success here, which I don't doubt because it's already all the way at #20.

Best Entrant Of The Week: Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

HitBound

  • Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
  • Imagine Dragons - Believer
  • Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (DEBUT)
  • AJR - Weak
  • James Hersey - Miss You
  • Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
  • Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday (DEBUT)
  • Little Mix - Touch
  • The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (DEBUT)
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. TIE: AJR - Weak
1. TIE: Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
3. Little Mix - Touch
4. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
5. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Make Me (Blurb)

~ I'm really enjoying this reign at #1 from Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You, but I would prefer our new top 5 entries, Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever and Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things, the better songs taking that spot soon, but I shouldn't complain. At least it is a good song there.

~ I would appreciate if Twenty One Pilots - Heathens could give up now. I would love to see their better song at #9, not this one.

~ Well, Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side made a comeback, sort of.

Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm and Maroon 5 - Cold caught on pretty quickly, but I didn't expect them not to, so it's no surprise. I am enjoying the jumps without a doubt.

~ Wow. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go must have had a massive spike in votes this past week. I didn't see that huge jump coming. I mean, it's a little excessive because it's not the best song here, it's good but I don't think it's necessarily the best thing here.

Bruno Mars - That's What I Like and Julia Michaels - Issues definitely didn't last too long in the top 20. Here's to hoping they make a quick recovery.

~ Well, at least X Ambassadors - Unsteady is getting closer and closer to the bottom 15 songs. That's a small plus.

~ Rihanna - Love On The Brain clearly isn't being successful here thus far. I really wanted to see this song soar, but I'm doubting that's even going to happen anymore.

~ Well. This looks like the Bruno Mars - 24K Magic. Yay! This also looks like the end of John Legend - Love Me Now. No!

~ Speaking of endings, Charli XCX - After The Afterparty dropped a number of spots this week, and I just have to say that I did see it coming, so I bid you goodbye, if this is the end. Thank you for your service.

~ Lukas Graham - You're Not There has clearly had one of the most unsuccessful chart runs this year. Well, goodbye to you too!

~ I will have The Hot 45 Chart out soon for you guys! 

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
20. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
19. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

4-Good
18. Train - Play That Song
17. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
16. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving

5-Great
15. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
14. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
13. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
12. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
11. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
10. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
9. The Chainsmokers - Paris
8. Maroon 5 - Cold
7. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
6. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
4. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
3. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
2. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Score: 93% (A)

Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
2. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
3. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
4. OneRepublic - Kids
5. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend

Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
2. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
3. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
4. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
5. The Weeknd & Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming

Love you guys!




~ Jack :)

1 comment:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...