Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ed Sheeran (1) - Week Of February 11, 2017

o-ED-SHEERAN-facebook.jpg (2000×1000)
Tonight is the 59th Annual Grammy Awards on CBS. I'm sure most of you are greatly anticipating the premiere of this show, as I am as well. Of course we should all be excited about the biggest night in music! In other news, I had a snowstorm on Thursday, which closed my school, but I am now learning that was just the beginning, as this morning the storm strikes again with a projected ten to eighteen inches in my area. I can definitely already predict there will be another snow day for me again tomorrow. Anyways, this may allow me to work on the still unreleased Hot 45 Chart Year-End Chart post. Besides everything, this was an interesting week, so before we get to this week's fresh 45, here's the two tracks we're bidding goodbye this week.
  • Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#37)
  • Ariana Grande - Into You (#41)
Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Adele - Hello

The Chart
45. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#44) [3 Weeks At #1]
44. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#36) [1 Week At #1]
43. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (#42)
42. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#45)
41. Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#40)
40. OneRepublic - Kids (#43)
39. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#35)
38. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#34)
37. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#25)
36. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#30)
35. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (DEBUT)
34. Julia Michaels - Issues (#32)
33. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#33)
32. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#28)
31. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#14)
30. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (#39)
29. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (DEBUT)
28. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#24) [2 Weeks At #1]
27. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#16)
26. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#27)
25. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#20)
24. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#13)
23. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#31)
22. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#19)
21. Daya - Words (#29)
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#23)
19. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (#21)
18. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#26)
17. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#38)
16. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#11) [2 Weeks At #1]
15. Runaground - Chase You Down (#18)
14. Niall Horan - This Town (#15)
13. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#22)
12. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#6) [4 Weeks At #1]
11. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#10)
10. Train - Play That Song (#17)
9. John Legend - Love Me Now (#12)
8. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
7. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#8)
6. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#7)
5. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#9)
4. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#4)
3. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#5)
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#3) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (-17)

Biggest Rise Of The Week: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (+21)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Starley/Ryan Riback - Call On Me

#1 Recommendation For You: Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm

New Entrants

~ Starting off our entrant class of two this week is Bruno Mars - That's What I Like. I have to say straight up, this song is definitely better than 24K Magic, and even the dull Versace On The Floor. I just think that this is in the middle of the two styles of the above mentioned songs. I feel like it still has that 
love song vibe, like in Versace On The Floor, but with a slightly less excessive beat than 24K Magic. All in all, it is definitely the best song that I have heard thus far from his new album. However, I don't see this song being green for its entire countdown run. I could see it becoming blue very quickly if this station overplays it, but for now, I am enjoying this track and I hope to see it have some success here, not that I don't see it having any anyways. 

~ Our second and final debut of the week, debuting at a decent spot is Bebe Rexha returning with a solo single, I Got You. When I first heard this song, I didn't think it was anything too special, but in the past few weeks, I have really begun to grow out of that original view on this song. I just really think Bebe's solo music takes some time to grow into, but once you do., it really sticks with you for a while. So, yes, I would enjoy seeing this song have some reasonable success here.

Best Debut Of The Week: Bebe Rexha - I Got You

HitBound
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • Imagine Dragons - Believer
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Snakehips/MƘ - Don't Leave
  • Little Mix - Shout Out To My Ex
  • Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
  • Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
  • AJR - Weak
  • Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
  • James Hersey - Miss You
  • Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
  • Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (DEBUT)
  • Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (RE-ENTRY)
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
2. Snakehips/MƘ - Don't Leave
3. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
4. James Hersey - Miss You
5. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill

~ The reason as to why I don't do blurbs here, is because it feels as if I am being redundant if the song eventually debuts on the countdown. I hope that cleared this up. :)

That's What I Blurb

~ Wow! That was only five weeks for Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You to become out #1 song. This is one of the fastest climbs to #1 that I have ever viewed. I hope it can block some "okay" songs from entering there, but if #2 was at the top again I wouldn't mind, or even if it was #3, that would be fine also. So, here's to hoping this song sticks up there for a while.

~ I can definitely see the spark in votes that Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap has gotten lately. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if it hit #1. 

~ We bore two new top 10 entrants this week. Our entrant at #9 was John Legend - Love Me Now and I am very content about that rising up here. #10, however, being Train - Play That Song, really shouldn't be this high. I mean, I think its an "okay" song at the moment, but that could really change to a red song once again, so I would prefer it not dominating this chart.

~ I am very glad seeing the rise from The Chainsmokers - Paris, and I don't expect it to be long before it reaches the top 10, possibly next week.

~ I am very happy to see that that drop from Lady Gaga - Million Reasons last week didn't last long, as it sprouted right back up and re-entered the top 20. Do I think this is top 10 material? Possibly. It depends if my opinion on the song begins to waiver again.

~ I really don't understand the constant obsession voters have with X Ambassadors - Unsteady week after week. It may have lost the title of worst song here, but that doesn't mean it should be in the top 20 still.

~ I'm very excited to see the higher song from The Weeknd and Daft Punk being I Feel It Coming, because at the moment that song is the better one. Hopefully this one will enter the top 20 next week.

~ Oh. I guess Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul didn't make a huge jump this week. I expected that. Oh well.

~ I wouldn't be surprised if Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side kept jumping and dropping in and out of the top 20, as it has been acting rather strange lately.

~ That was one heck of a drop from The Weeknd and Daft Punk's Starboy. Hopefully this means its high peaking is over.

~ I really would appreciate the exit of Lukas Graham - You're Not There, as I simply would enjoy if it wasn't a song just clogging up positions here, not doing anything.

~ I didn't expect Rihanna - Love On The Brain to drop like this on its second week, considering its Spyder Harrison's favorite song on the countdown. I thought he had some power over that. Just kidding, he probably doesn't.

~ It looks like the end of our dear friends Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) and The Chainsmokers/Daya- Don't Let Me Down's countdown runs. So long, thank you for your service. Your service was annoying at times, but thank you anyway.

~ I realize that the Hot 45 Chart has been delayed from last weekend. I was having some technical difficulties with the website. So, I hope to get that out later today, or early tomorrow, as well as the Valentine's Day edition. So, that's what is going on there, and I mentioned the other late post in the introduction.

~ I also would like to begin work on the 100,000 pageview special and I need ideas. Do you want another Q&A? A music video review? A slew of things in one post? Let me know below!!! <----------- I want your input!!! :)

~ Lastly, I plan to do a performance review on the Grammy's if it is in my schedule and if the performances are well as a whole. If they are crappy, I probably won't do one, just a heads up.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
19. Niall Horan - This Town
18. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

3-Decent
17. Train - Play That Song
16. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

4-Good
15. Runaground - Chase You Down
14. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know

5-Great
13. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
12. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
11. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
10. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
9. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
8. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
7. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
6. John Legend - Love Me Now
5. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
4. The Chainsmokers - Paris
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
2. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Score: 83% (B)

Bottom 5 Songs On The Countdown
1. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
2. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
3. OneRepublic - Kids
4. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
5. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

Top 5 Songs On The Countdown
1. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
2. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
3. Julia Michaels - Issues
4. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
5. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul

Love you guys!

Don't forget your special suggestions down below!

~ Jack :)





22 comments:

  1. I'm not really anticipating the Grammys mainly because there aren't any performers I'm looking forward to seeing.

    I think for the special you should do your favorite songs of all-time, just like I'm going to do for my next special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll think about your idea. I may save that for something bigger, as it is a little bit time consuming, I think. Thank you for the suggestion.

      Delete
    2. Excuse me Jack, Castle on the Hill is a debut on HitBound, not a re-entry.

      Delete
    3. No. It was on there the week Shape Of You was.

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Steve Aoki & Boehm/WALK THE MOON - Back 2 U

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you should do bit of everything that doesn't take too much time, like bottom 5 songs of all time, music video reviews, a quick prediction of Hits 1, or stuff like that. That way you could just sit down for a half-hour at a time if you want and do one section, then once you put everything together it would be really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top 20 review:

    So bad it makes my ears bleed -1:
    20. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Want To Live Forever

    Garbage 0:
    19. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
    18. Hailee Steinfield & Grey/Zedd - Starving
    17. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
    16. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things

    Bad 1:
    NONE

    Mediocre 2:
    NONE

    Decent 3:
    NONE

    Good 4:
    15. Niall Horan - This Town
    14. Train - Play That Song
    13. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

    Great 5:
    12. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
    11. Runaground - Chase You Down
    10. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
    9. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
    8. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
    7. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
    6. John Legend - Love Me Now
    5. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
    4. John Bellion - All Time Low
    3. The Chainsmokers - Paris
    2. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
    1. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

    70% (really on and off)

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...